PDA

View Full Version : phono leads

alan
Wednesday 20th July 2005, 20:22
does the standard volvo headunit have any inputs for phono leads. i thiught there was but not sure. my c70 has a single cd unit. if there is could someone please tell me where it is located

Alan

alan
Wednesday 20th July 2005, 21:35
[/HTML] http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1498&item=5790811573&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

would this work

alan

Kent Canary
Wednesday 20th July 2005, 21:45
In short, I dont know, but if there are, they will be on the back. Take the unit out and see what there is.

My tape player (removed) doesnt have phono inputs, just a DIN socket for the CD changer and another for an external amp.

The lead youve linked to may work, I dont know. I take it you are wanting to run an auxilliary input through your existing system?

alan
Thursday 21st July 2005, 16:09
am tryin to run my ipod, heard somewhere that this works, will keep you informed as i have purchased this adaptor, also have the phono leads from my ipod

Alan

Kent Canary
Thursday 21st July 2005, 17:09
I take it youve bought the adaptor youve linked to. As such youll need phono outputs from the ipod as you probably know already.

Ive got my ipod in my seperates system using the Denison icelink. This allows control from my head unit such as FF / RW etc.

The only other think that would possibly work as I understand it is the Alpine Dlink thing, but as yet it was untested amongst the factory head units.

The Denison unit uses direct inputs to the DIN on my Sony head unit.

Let us know how you get on / what kit youve got.

Dad Racer
Thursday 13th October 2005, 23:22
Has anyone found a workable solution to the problem of connecting your iPod to a standard volvo head unit?

Andrew
Thursday 13th October 2005, 23:37
Has anyone found a workable solution to the problem of connecting your iPod to a standard volvo head unit?

Your best bet, which is mentioned elsewhere on the site this week, is a FM transmitter then you can transmit from your IPOD to a FM station and pick it up on your radio. Quality is pretty good, no wires needed and its nice and easy. It can also be hid out of sight. Also fairly cheap solution.

However technically illegal but highly unlikely you'd be caught and done for it.

Stick "ipod fm" into ebay and you'll see what I mean.

Andrew.

Dad Racer
Sunday 16th October 2005, 15:41
Have already got an iTrip, but I have found that it doesn’t work too well in the Volvo - great in the house and the other car.

Have found this solution:

www.caraudioplus.co.uk/pp/iPod_Car_Adapters/Universal_FM_Modulator_iPod_Ice_Link_Plus_Adapters/Universal_FM_Modulator_iPod_Ice_Link_Adapter.html

Similar to the iTrip, but it is hard wired into the radio.

At the moment am using a tape deck adapter - better sound quality than the iTrip, but i am looking for a neater solution. I need to remove my cd changer from the boot, in order to fit a 7 seat conversion, therefore I am looking for a way to hard wire in a cable in lieu of the CD changer. The cable that Alan found on eBay looks good, but does it work?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Alpine-KCM-122B-Aux-input-lead-NEW_W0QQitemZ5818219523QQcategoryZ1498QQtcZphotoQQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

c70mel
Sunday 16th October 2005, 22:53
Just emailed the guy who is selling that lead on ebay and he is confident it should work on the volvo headunit. I think I will buy one in the near future and hope for the best.

The Flying Banana
Sunday 16th October 2005, 23:00

Easiest way is to buy an iTrip for your i pod...plug in the top, save a memory staion on 87.9 and kaboom..all you ipod tunes thru your stereo ( you can even turn up volume from ipod all with true stereo sound ...bout 25 quid.
Here is what it looks like....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/iTrip-FM-Transmitter-4-3G-4G-iPod-20gb-30gb-40gb-60gb_W0QQitemZ5819597707QQcategoryZ104138QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

The Flying Banana
Sunday 16th October 2005, 23:02
Forget my last post...should have read past the workable solution!!!!! Just a bit late at night now!!!

alan
Saturday 22nd October 2005, 19:53
am afraid that this adapter does not fit, it is too big itherwise i do believe it would work

alan

c70mel
Sunday 23rd October 2005, 11:13
am afraid that this adapter does not fit, it is too big itherwise i do believe it would work

alan

you talking about this one?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5821350763&fromMakeTrack=true

if so there must be one similar which will fit.. or if not i suppose we could just hack into the pins and do a bodge job.

alan
Monday 24th October 2005, 19:14
yea that is the one, would be hard job to find the right pins, good luck

Alan

c70mel
Monday 24th October 2005, 19:23
damn thought you had found an easy fix for the aux input on the standard head unit. Have you found any other way to get an aux input?

I have the cd changer button and dont have a cd changer so was thinking there would be a simple device to just use this input?