PDA

View Full Version : This Does Look Cheap

lewton
Wednesday 29th December 2010, 12:59
http://www.jerseyinsight.com/classified_1.aspx?keywords=volvo&id4=0:8562&max_price=&id=0:7779&do=Search&submit.x=0&submit.y=0&pagesize=5&pagenum=1&action=#

V70 2.5 AWD for £160 needs gearbox only 60k miles!
Ok it is in Jersey but no problem to stick on the boat.

mas
Wednesday 29th December 2010, 13:30
Probably supposed to say 1600 pounds :P , people seem to dream of getting1500 plus for these on e-bay.
I'm still miffed I didnt buy the one I saw for 900 with the spare set of 'winter' wheels and tyres and I cant forget that one :deal:

Mas

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 29th December 2010, 13:33
Something is not quite right, the car in the picture isn't an awd volvo and appears to be the USA(?)

But still a good find for spares, all be it in Jersey, why do I live so far away from all the breakers/spares.

That and awd gearboxes aren't easy to come by.

lewton
Wednesday 29th December 2010, 14:32
Curiousity got the better of me,so rang the seller up.Car is local from new with genuine mileage.He reckons it is torque converter problem,as gearbox is not graunching,just not moving,and yes it is only £160,very tempted myself,is this a big deal to fix?

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 29th December 2010, 14:39
It doesn't matter, at £160 its a bloody steal

I guess anything can be fixed, as long as the bits are available.

mas
Wednesday 29th December 2010, 14:48
Same old story though , they are never near to me as a rule. Jersey is no easy slap with a car that doesnt go !. If it were nearby , any Volvo folk would be mad not to take it and sell the wheels and tyres for 160 quid hehehe

Regards

Mas

lewton
Wednesday 29th December 2010, 15:16
Got second option on it,will know in the morning.Will keep you posted!

lewton
Thursday 30th December 2010, 12:51
B*gger! b*gger! b*gger!The guy that went to see the car before me last night bought the car!But worse than that,he sat in it,started her up,stuck her in drive,and off she went!Obviously something had unblocked during the lift and tow to the garage,so at the very least he hasn't had to pay for a tow home!Totally gutted!

mas
Thursday 30th December 2010, 12:56
Sory to hear that m8ee , eveyone deserves a bit of luck and I'd rather someone on here had got it , assuming it wasnt someone lurking on here lol

I'm hoping a T4 falls in to my lap for pennies , I'm in no rush so you never know. T4 or decent MR2 which ever comes 1st and both totally different cars I know.

Mas