PDA

View Full Version : Flat Battery and Remap

cameron
Sunday 26th December 2010, 14:12
Is it true that if your battery is flat for too long that it can wipe the remap off the ecu ?

Ive got the HLM 304 and the cars been laid up since October cause i dont get any excitement from driving it at the minute, so im converting it to manual after new year :D

I went out to her yesterday to start her as i do every couple of days and the battery was flat due to the rear boot light being on since last time i was in there :cry:

Just worried that i'll lose the remap and i'll have to get it done again.

Cheers guys, hope everyone had a good day yesterday :D

p fandango
Sunday 26th December 2010, 14:16
no, the remap is perminantly stored on a replacement chip inside the ECU. The car will need to re-adapt once you've got it started again so might not be quite to full potiential

cameron
Sunday 26th December 2010, 14:21
I might just sell the HLM 304 and get a custom map once its changed to manual and ive found a new turbo and injectors.

p fandango
Sunday 26th December 2010, 14:22
I might just sell the HLM 304 and get a custom map once its changed to manual and ive found a new turbo and injectors.
get a turbo tuner :D

cameron
Sunday 26th December 2010, 14:26
What do they do, excuse my nievity :shy:

p fandango
Sunday 26th December 2010, 14:29
What do they do, excuse my nievity :shy:
allows you to either program the ECU yourself or get any tuner to map it. Heard its cheaper than a custom map as well LINK (http://www.turbo-tuner.co.uk/)

cameron
Sunday 26th December 2010, 14:33
Nice one buddy :D

I'll decide what i'll do once ive found a nice tidy 19T and matching injectors.

p fandango
Sunday 26th December 2010, 14:36
Nice one buddy :D

I'll decide what i'll do once ive found a nice tidy 19T and matching injectors.
no problem, surprised you hadn't heard of it. I've had a demo of it on BT & it's amazing what you can do, just trying to talk the bank manager into letting me get one now lol

cameron
Sunday 26th December 2010, 14:39
I have heard of them i just havent looked into what they are or what they do.

I'm hoping to convert it to manual and change the turbo etc etc all at the same time and then hopefully it'll have some of that spark back for me again.

p fandango
Sunday 26th December 2010, 14:44
I'm hoping to convert it to manual and change the turbo etc etc all at the same time and then hopefully it'll have some of that spark back for me again.
i'd defo say a RIP kit & 960 throttle body is a must with the 19t, the lag was terrible without it. I'd also look at fitting either a ME7 or S60R exhaust manifold while your swopping turbos, don't think they make a massive difference but for the sake of didn't while your messing there

cameron
Sunday 26th December 2010, 14:51
Ive been looking for the manifold for a while but they are always good money :( i.m going to get a full exhaust done as well.

i think my mate Pete may have a throttle body, and im getting the bits for the conversion from him as well, just need to source a decent manual box, hopefully the M59.

So rough prices for the bits would be appreciated ;)
So all in all a lot to find an probably a lot of pennies but i love the car and just want it to bo fun again.

p fandango
Sunday 26th December 2010, 16:40
So rough prices for the bits would be appreciated ;)
So all in all a lot to find an probably a lot of pennies but i love the car and just want it to bo fun again.
19t £500 (new from RT)
S60R manifold £300 (new from FRF)
stud, nuts & washers £100 (new from FRF)
3" Ferrita downpipe £550 (new from HLM)
960 throttle body think there £20-40
3" RIP about £100 (joints from nicenewcar off ebay, tube also from ebay)

t5 pete
Sunday 26th December 2010, 22:51
It would like to see the difference between the r manifold and the manifold that come standard on the pre me7 cars like ours.

Volvostorm
Monday 27th December 2010, 00:26
I'm going to be running Turbo-Tuner on mine, I'll let you know what I think

claymore
Monday 27th December 2010, 09:56
I'm going to be using a Dastek on mine

cameron
Tuesday 28th December 2010, 17:57
All that money for them new bits, blimey :yikes:

I think i'll be looking 2nd hand for most bits tbh.

p fandango
Tuesday 28th December 2010, 18:24
It would like to see the difference between the r manifold and the manifold that come standard on the pre me7 cars like ours.
sorry mate only just spotted it

http://www.ipdusa.com/uploads/images_products_large/1855.jpg

p fandango
Tuesday 28th December 2010, 18:28
All that money for them new bits, blimey :yikes:

I think i'll be looking 2nd hand for most bits tbh.
think new 19t's normally go for more than that but i fell lucky & got the one intended for the Yellow Peril. Must admit it is alot of money when you look back at the costs. I had the exhaust bypass valve as well which is another £150, & meant getting the grinder to a £500 downpipe lol

t5 pete
Thursday 30th December 2010, 23:03
thb lee if your cannot rebuild the turbos your self you will alway run the risk of having a problem you can buy then new for 5-£600 for the hybrid one on ebay and have peace of mind insteat of paying £300 on a second hand one then running the risk of paying for a rebuild

Volvostorm
Friday 31st December 2010, 10:18
Depending on if you have a friendly Volvo parts bod, new turbos from them are around £700 exchange.

My local dealer was willing to swop my 15G for a 19T