PDA

View Full Version : Injectors

stu_850t5
Wednesday 22nd December 2010, 16:12
hi, got a friend looking to get bigger injectors for his 850 T5. whats the range?

orange, blue, white?????? whats best?

The Flying Moose
Wednesday 22nd December 2010, 16:26
Your not far off mate, the order of size is orange, white, blue, green.

As for whats best well Im sure there will be plenty of opinions on this one but here's my take from what I have learnt. You will get away with whites in the car running a standard map or generic remap no problem, blues and greens however really require a custom re-map in order to reap the benefits however at a push blues could be used. Most guys run blues but depends on what spec he intends to run. If you are running a 15G/16T you are fine on whites no problem 18/19T blues are probably the better option.

leet5r
Wednesday 22nd December 2010, 16:28
irf ran 350bhp on whites so they good enough for most stages of tuning , vauxhall vxr injectors fit and iirc they are bigger than greens

stu_850t5
Wednesday 22nd December 2010, 16:50
cheers guys, are there light blue and blues? found a 2.5 20v non turbo with blues in. worth putting in a T5?

The Flying Moose
Wednesday 22nd December 2010, 16:52
cheers guys, are there light blue and blues? found a 2.5 20v non turbo with blues in. worth putting in a T5?

No, and yes they are different. You want blues out of a S70/V70 T5

p fandango
Wednesday 22nd December 2010, 16:57
not sure what cc the light blues are, but it'll be less than the oranges

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/8936/92709635.jpg

stu_850t5
Wednesday 22nd December 2010, 17:03
cheers pedro! surely you must have a photo to add??? come on you love to get a photo up!! haha

p fandango
Wednesday 22nd December 2010, 17:16
cheers pedro! surely you must have a photo to add??? come on you love to get a photo up!! haha
the best i could do mate, you can see what blue the injectors are that you want lol

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/9323/59769957.jpg

Jamest5r
Wednesday 22nd December 2010, 18:00
Will have a set of blues for sale next month, fully refurbed by Jimithan with about 2500miles on them £70.

stu_850t5
Wednesday 22nd December 2010, 18:32
thanks mate, will have a word with my mate. im sure it will be after xmas any spending gets done lol. i;ll let you know

LiamT4
Wednesday 22nd December 2010, 18:48
Will have a set of blues for sale next month, fully refurbed by Jimithan with about 2500miles on them £70.

Would you recommend that i get blues on mine when i get a bigger turbo, or will my whites be good enough?
I was thinking that i should stay with whites untill it gets custom mapped.

LiamT4
Wednesday 22nd December 2010, 19:03
not sure what cc the light blues are, but it'll be less than the oranges

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/8936/92709635.jpg

What are the s60r ones? and what cc are they?

Jamest5r
Wednesday 22nd December 2010, 19:10
Would you recommend that i get blues on mine when i get a bigger turbo, or will my whites be good enough?
I was thinking that i should stay with whites untill it gets custom mapped.

If you go up to a 18t i would go for blues, fueling is the most important thing imho, but if your not going to be running that much boost whites will be ok

LiamT4
Wednesday 22nd December 2010, 19:23
If you go up to a 18t i would go for blues, fueling is the most important thing imho, but if your not going to be running that much boost whites will be ok

I'll be running at low boost most of the time (12psi) and 1.3 bar for special occasions, like the 1/4mile and dealing with chavs. Thats why i'm getting an ebc, so i can run different boost just by pressing a button.

p fandango
Wednesday 22nd December 2010, 20:25
What are the s60r ones? and what cc are they?
S60R's are the greens

Alan M
Thursday 23rd December 2010, 07:47
Blues flow the same as whites at the same 3 bar rail pressure. The above table is not correct for book flow values also some of the bosch part numbers are also incorrect. http://www.injectorcleaning.co.uk/flow.htm This link shows what book values are for a range of bosch injectors. Injector sizing should be calculated correctly and wiring to your fuel pump should also be checked and sized correctly for the given task. here are some small calcs for you to check against for basic working out of injector size. The following is some information I posted on the subject a while ago.

Different duty cycles will supply different amounts of fuel so take that into consideration. Then start with some basic calcs (I hope they are right its been a while).

Fuel flow= HPxK/C
HP=max Horsepower
C=number of cylinders
K=5.6 for Forced induction engines.

So when you know your flow in theory then use for static flow-

Injector static flow=TFx100/(NxM)
TF=theoretical flow
N=number of injectors
M=Injector duty flow.

I think those calcs are right but check yourself. Just remember once you have done some basic calcs on your injectors your fuel delivery system must be up to scratch and flowing correctly, wiring aswell (ask me how I know that one lol). Working in Bar (old hat) you can work out your revised static flow.

Revised static flow=SF x (square route of) RP/OP
SF= manufacturers injector static flow at standard pressure (3bar usually for bosch model ranges - 0 280 150-158 ... older style injectors are different again at lower pressures)
RP=revised fuel system pressure
OP manufacturers standard pressure.

I forgot to add if your ECU is set up to run a certain impedance value injector the new injector used should be the same as this value change can have some effect on operation.