PDA

View Full Version : Fault with 850 HELP

Wheelspinwardrobe
Wednesday 22nd December 2010, 11:02
Dear all

I have just came back from dropping misses off to work, on the way back the ORANGE AND GREEN dash light came on (I take it this is the engine warning light) I am a little concurned as I have noticed a few differences while driving the 850 the last few days - this is the first time EVER that this light has come on and the first time I have had any issues!!!

I have noticed that the car has had what seems like more turbo lag (few seconds more) Its a bit more hesitant!!! I have reciently discovered that the dump valve I brought off ebay - orthough off a 850 and in amazing condition was a SINGLE piston FORGE MOTORSPORT DV. I reciently changed the spring inside (genuine Forge parts) from a yellow spring to a green on (Green rated ay 5-15psi apparently) I only run standard boost at the moment so I thought this needed changing to be right for my boost level.

Just to add to the mix just so you guys know everything, I also reciently put a Pipercross cone filter on the car that was from a well known company, It desided to crack and split and fall off after a few weeks!!! Im not sure what would have been sucked in to the turbo - if anything, that may have caused damage!!!! I have contacted the company and they are looking in to hopefully a replacement orthough very slowly!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didnt have any issues until this all happened!!!

Sorry for the long post!!!

Can anyone advise what might be the problem and possible fault finding as I have no idea how!!!

Thanks Phill

p fandango
Wednesday 22nd December 2010, 17:31
there are many reasons why the light might of come on, personally i would say its more to do with the dump valve being the wrong type but i'd suggest you get the codes read before you spend any money on anything

t5 stealth
Wednesday 22nd December 2010, 18:33
green and orange light might be the lambda light....does it look like an upside down Y.
if its lamda light it means there is an issue on the emmissions side,maybe to rich fueling...could be a lambda sensor etc...as pfandango says.....you need to get the fault codes read first before you go spending any money...
if your cone filter broke up it shouldnt of got anything down its throat (hopefully)as there is a mesh just inside the airflow meter/map sensor,
best thing to check is remove the map sensor and check that there is no damage to the little wire/sensor inside...
if thats damaged it will upset the fueling for the car,then the lambda etc will detect something wrong and throw up a warning light....

Volvostorm
Thursday 23rd December 2010, 15:57
My lambda light came on after a few days after I fitted a cone filter. Checked the codes, got long-term fuel trim, whipped the ecu out for an hour to reset it, been ok since.

If your pipercross broke up, what are you running now?

cherry1809
Friday 24th December 2010, 00:52
Mine was a knackered boost pipe. It fell apart... Shoddy rubber from Volvo, Tut tut.