PDA

View Full Version : SPOILER FLEW OFF!! THINK I'll CRY

d14vd_h
Wednesday 20th July 2005, 14:05
on the motorway today, at around 65mph my rear spoiler let go and flew off my tailgate!
luckily no one was behind me and the spoiler hit the road then slid into the side,
i retrieved it but it is in at least 2 pieces and is scrap.
i dont know what happened there was a strong head wind but the car went to newquay and back last month!?!?!
so gutted - just satisied with the car looked perfect to me then this!
anyone know a source or have a spare!? took me a while to find this one on ebay - so much for my bargain!. think kalmar union do them so may try there.
volvo 940 estate btw.

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 20th July 2005, 14:09
You could try Salvo but I would think that they are going to be relatively rare!

:frown:

x

d14vd_h
Wednesday 20th July 2005, 14:24
yeah no joy just called them! :cry:
a mate on VOC had a spare one a few months ago so ive emailed him
kalmar union does them for 140 dont think i can manage that since itd be my second!
cant believe it

andi t5
Wednesday 20th July 2005, 18:51
on the motorway today, at around 65mph my rear spoiler let go and flew off my tailgate!
luckily no one was behind me and the spoiler hit the road then slid into the side,
i dont know what happened there was a strong head wind but the car went to newquay and back last month!?!?!
anyone know a source or have a spare!? took me a while to find this one on ebay - so much for my bargain!. think kalmar union do them so may try there.
volvo 940 estate btw.
Edited, i dont want to read that thanks

fraz13
Wednesday 20th July 2005, 18:56
Whats your problem the day? Dont think theres any need for that!!

Al115
Wednesday 20th July 2005, 19:17
ABSOLUTELY - Andi t5 you have a PM.

Alastair

andi t5
Wednesday 20th July 2005, 19:54
i dont think you would quite so holier than thou if a spoiler some half wit had fitted incorrectly launched it self through your windscreen ....would you?

Tomcat
Wednesday 20th July 2005, 20:15
Hey whats with the personal attacks?, he didnt hurt anyone and accidents do happen. Thats why we have car insurance!, chill out....

spesh
Wednesday 20th July 2005, 22:00
I guess someone has hit andi over the head with a spoiler before!!! :troutslap
Still no need for swear words like that!
Everyone friends now?

Al115
Wednesday 20th July 2005, 22:40
Yes yes all sorted.

Thanks all. :)

Alastair

TangoDeltaSierra3
Wednesday 20th July 2005, 23:41
volvo 940 estate btw.How was it fitted ? Reason i ask is i've seen one on a site for an S60 which says no drilling needed etc, bonds to the boot lid etc, i dont wanna risk the same happening to me.

fraz13
Thursday 21st July 2005, 00:12
Probs the same as yer S70 man, a couple a wee clips on the ends screwed into the inside, no holes needed

Could be wrong tho :wink:

d14vd_h
Thursday 21st July 2005, 00:29
exactly as fraz describes TDS they scews just go through a bracket and grip the inside of the tail agte while adhesive strips add 'security' hehe
next time round i'm having holes drilled. just as were mates seems im taking a battering from elsewhere hehehe

d14vd_h
Thursday 21st July 2005, 00:34
Edited, i dont want to read that thanks

not sure what originally was on here etc, as i havent read the reply untill now,

but before any grievance it should be considered that there is an assumption that i personally fitted the spoiler,
secondly there is the assumption that for it to fall off there must have been a deviation from volvo's supplied fittings.
thirdly offense is caused by what could have happened rather than what did.
personal attacks will not be tolerated by myself for obvious reasons and the fact they contravene forum regulations

TangoDeltaSierra3
Thursday 21st July 2005, 00:41
not sure what originally was on here etc, as i havent read the reply untill now,

but before any grievance it should be considered that there is an assumption that i personally fitted the spoiler,
secondly there is the assumption that for it to fall off there must have been a deviation from volvo's supplied fittings.
thirdly offense is caused by what could have happened rather than what did.
personal attacks will not be tolerated by myself for obvious reasons and the fact they contravene forum regulationsDavid PM sent.

d14vd_h
Thursday 21st July 2005, 00:45
not got it yet TDS
how instant are these things!?!?

Mrsmopp
Thursday 21st July 2005, 09:15
David you do not have to explain yourself Hun. The matter has been taken care of by the other Moderators.

Any joy on the hunt for a new spoiler?

x

d14vd_h
Thursday 21st July 2005, 11:55
David you do not have to explain yourself Hun. The matter has been taken care of by the other Moderators.

Any joy on the hunt for a new spoiler?

x
cool mrs m cheers x
put out the feelers but think im in for a long wait,
to be honest ive found myself looking at white 850 estates .....
every time somethin goes wrong with it i fall out with it haha

vt5
Thursday 21st July 2005, 21:32
d14vd_h

Please give this place a try, they are cheap and do stock alot of 940 stuff

(Pete) "Volparts" in Preston - 01772 709221 they open at 8:30, if you dont get through keep trying cos his phone never stops.

If Pete doesnt have one, PM me and i'll pass you on another contact who should have one. :)

If they dont have one and your really struggling i can try to source one for you but it might take me a week or so and even then there are no guarantees but i think you will be ok with Volparts.

deerworrier
Saturday 6th August 2005, 23:51
http://www.body-kit.co.uk/acatalog/volvo_940_960_estate_boot_spoilers.html

they have none in stock at the moment but you could call them if stuck.