PDA

View Full Version : She cannot handle the power Scottie

thesoundcriminal
Tuesday 14th December 2010, 17:23
After fitting the MBC she goes like a train but in second the turbo really kicks in and spins up the tires in the wet/grease conditions any advice apart from turning down the boost.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 14th December 2010, 17:31
buy a strut brace & decent tyres. You can always try 10mm wider - 215 rather than 205.

p fandango
Tuesday 14th December 2010, 17:32
i've gone upto 225, looking at 235's now

thesoundcriminal
Tuesday 14th December 2010, 18:27
Blimey tires are already waring out lol.:) a strut brace for sure how much difference will I see with a chip instead of the MBC trying to decide weather to get one or not.

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 14th December 2010, 18:34
Blimey tires are already waring out lol.:) a strut brace for sure how much difference will I see with a chip instead of the MBC trying to decide weather to get one or not.

A remap/chip whatever you wish to call it will be far less aggressive than an MBC. With an MBC you will see the power sooner as the turbo will spool up quicker.

In my opinion as you have had an MBC fitted I think you would be dissapointed with a map as it will be very similar.

gotmeaT-5
Tuesday 14th December 2010, 18:59
Be careful on turning the MBC up and giving your car a lot of boot [no idea which foot as I use hand controls] or as I found your engine will soon make very nasty rattle noises resulting in a £300++ Loss in your wallet.

leet5r
Tuesday 14th December 2010, 19:20
get a diff , gripper or a queef , thats the only real way to combact loss of tracion, am runnin 215, 45 strut brace and it lights uo in 3rd gear off the throttle , goes into 4th if ya want it to

Quicksilver
Tuesday 14th December 2010, 19:55
Got a Rica chip and 215's and she fight's for grip on kickdown in the dry!, I'm dead careful in the wet!!.

LiamT4
Tuesday 14th December 2010, 20:25
Fitting a lsd is the only way you'll be able to significantly reduce spin in the wet. You learn how to drive them in the wet after a while.
I realised how much help the proper traction control was helping me on my last t4.
When my car kicksdown it'll spin its tyres very easily, get some funny looks off other drivers (especially now i'v had a silencer removed), i do it for fun sometimes, then remember i'v not long had new tyres and like them to last longer than a couple of months!

Volvostorm
Tuesday 14th December 2010, 20:32
An LSD will help lots, I've just had one fitted, but can't comment, as I've yet to drive her!

t5_monkey
Tuesday 14th December 2010, 20:36
Tyres make a massive difference, as will a strut brace.

A strut-brace will reduce tramp hugely, and make any spin much more manageable so you can drive it on the throttle - worth every penny IMHO.

When i was running P6000's (boooo) I could light it up in the dry in 2nd when my car was standard.

Now running stage 3 (which means +30% more torque) I can give it full power in the WET in 2nd (long as I'm lined up and the road isn't bumpy!) and it gets all the power down.

The differences are: stronger gearbox/engine mount, strut brace, going from 205 P6000's to 225 Continental Contact Sport 3.

Dropping your tyres a couple of PSI will help too if you're not on the motorway too much and just doing low speed driving it shouldn't make much difference to your fuel bill.

Get top quality tyres, you'll be amazed how much better your car feels.

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 14th December 2010, 20:41
Fitting a lsd is the only way you'll be able to significantly reduce spin in the wet. You learn how to drive them in the wet after a while.
I realised how much help the proper traction control was helping me on my last t4.
When my car kicksdown it'll spin its tyres very easily, get some funny looks off other drivers (especially now i'v had a silencer removed), i do it for fun sometimes, then remember i'v not long had new tyres and like them to last longer than a couple of months!

Meh Liam.... I thought you were a proper driver! They dont need traction control. I would say buy part worns to solve your costly tyre problem but I fear it would start a debate again.

p fandango
Tuesday 14th December 2010, 20:45
Meh Liam.... I thought you were a proper driver! They dont need traction control. I would say buy part worns to solve your costly tyre problem but I fear it would start a debate again.
Bonny's traction control is quite good, does cut in a bit too early sometimes but doesn't just kill the power like the old TRACs system

Volvostorm
Tuesday 14th December 2010, 20:53
I'll be turning the TRACS off on mine, once I get her back Really don't want it wearing out my new brakes

Jamest5r
Tuesday 14th December 2010, 20:55
After fitting the MBC she goes like a train but in second the turbo really kicks in and spins up the tires in the wet/grease conditions any advice apart from turning down the boost.

No pleasing some people lol

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 14th December 2010, 20:58
No pleasing some people lol

Forgot smithy's rule number one though..... tighten that actuator! lol

LiamT4
Tuesday 14th December 2010, 21:03
Bonny's traction control is quite good, does cut in a bit too early sometimes but doesn't just kill the power like the old TRACs system

I'v come to the conclusion that my TRACKS, definatly does not work!

p fandango
Tuesday 14th December 2010, 21:07
I'v come to the conclusion that my TRACKS, definatly does not work!
think TRACs only works upto 25mph or something silly

Volvostorm
Tuesday 14th December 2010, 21:07
Think I can remember mine working once in the snow last year

LiamT4
Tuesday 14th December 2010, 21:24
think TRACs only works upto 25mph or something silly

If i have to floor it from a standstill, on a junction or roundabout, i have to back off before the turbo properly comes in or it just lights the tyres up.

Tomcat
Tuesday 14th December 2010, 21:25
All the above is good advice, however the best advice is to wind it back down again whil'st it's wet and slippery and save all the hooning around until it's drier...Though personally I can't comment as I'm having masses of fun with RWD...lol.

thesoundcriminal
Tuesday 14th December 2010, 21:26
thanks guys it is a lot of fun at the moment I shred these tires and try some better ones I think I got 2 p 600 on the back as well :) so new debate what are the best budget tires to get. rwd I love it to had lts of alfa 75 v6 rwd mmmmm

LiamT4
Tuesday 14th December 2010, 21:48
My bro's 200sx is so easy to get the back out on, in the wet. Rwd, no traction control and very little weight over the rear wheels, means you have to no how to drive them in slipery conditions.

Santa
Wednesday 15th December 2010, 12:53
I've put my map back to standard recently because the car was lighting up the wheels in 3rd with the DTSC on. (It was getting to addictive so de-tuned to save my wallet).

t5_monkey
Wednesday 15th December 2010, 13:17
I've put my map back to standard recently because the car was lighting up the wheels in 3rd with the DTSC on. (It was getting to addictive so de-tuned to save my wallet).

Don't you have 4WD ? :)

Santa
Wednesday 15th December 2010, 19:57
Don't you have 4WD ? :)
Exactly.....that's why it was so addictive lol

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 15th December 2010, 20:43
The accelerator isn't a digital switch you know!!

t5_monkey
Wednesday 15th December 2010, 20:49
Exactly.....that's why it was so addictive lol

LMFAO... 4 wheel drift?? sounds awesome!!

That's pretty impressive breaking traction in 3rd... you should check your tread depth!

Unless you have a BSR map that is :)

p fandango
Wednesday 15th December 2010, 20:57
only on prehistoric car it isn't lol

Santa
Friday 17th December 2010, 07:19

It is drive by wire lol.....yeah I can control it but its far to tempting lol

LMFAO... 4 wheel drift?? sounds awesome!!

That's pretty impressive breaking traction in 3rd... you should check your tread depth!

Unless you have a BSR map that is :)

Brand new Conti Sport Contact 3's so tire tread depth is good, wheel alignment is slightly out though. Rica Mapped lol.

thesoundcriminal
Friday 17th December 2010, 10:42
sounds good was thinking about getting the wife a s60