PDA

View Full Version : my new t5

thesoundcriminal
Sunday 12th December 2010, 17:53
The car is great. Amazing everything works I do need a new fob I don't have one with my old 850 any ideas on where to get one maybe a breakers yard. I also have the MBC from the old 850 could I just stick that on or should I get it set up. A how to on that would be handy as well. How easy are the seats to remove ? Is it self explanatory ? That really it. No problems at all. I`ll take some photos soon and you can all have a look I do some before and after pictures.

Thanks guys it is fantastic to be back in a volvo again.

p fandango
Sunday 12th December 2010, 17:59
glad you finally picked it up, been a long week i bet lol. You can put the MBC straight on now, it is advisable to set it using a decent boost gauge, but even the standard gauge is suitable aslong as your sensible (end of the white is usually 15psi).

as for the seats, 2 bolts at the front & 2 at the rear of the seat rails (have to slide the seat forward to get to the rear bolts). There all hidden under the plastic caps which cover the end of the rails, they just clip into the carpet

thesoundcriminal
Sunday 12th December 2010, 20:06
fantastic ok that's going on tomorrow

p fandango
Sunday 12th December 2010, 20:26
what you upto with the seats if you don't mind me being nosey lol

thesoundcriminal
Monday 13th December 2010, 13:37
OK well I got cherrys old 855 that I was going to scrape but I descended to find another 855 and to swap over all the bits so far I done the air filter so it now wooshies and I now have put the MBC on and wow what a difference its really is amassing I would say she is about as quick as my old Fiat coupe 20vt now if not a bit more. :} Feels faster than the auto it came off mind you that had done 260K. I am going to swap the full black leather interior, and maybe the speakers I think the stereo the same but I think the speakers are a bit worse. It has got an intermittent abs traction control light coming up on the dash I shall research that. One thing how much difference does chipping make if you have had a mbc fitted before, is it really another step up in performance. I hope so.