PDA

View Full Version : For those that thought they didn't exist

Santa
Saturday 11th December 2010, 19:08
I picked up my "Generic Tuners" iSoftloader earlier.

http://richs.me.uk/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=21955&g2_serialNumber=2&g2_GALLERYSID=7853433ba5d07623f79a8dff8e2f4c35

http://richs.me.uk/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=21961&g2_serialNumber=2&g2_GALLERYSID=7853433ba5d07623f79a8dff8e2f4c35

I've now done the registration procedure. (For which you need a Windows PC....luckily the device works well with VMware). Need to wait for up to 24 hours now for my maps to be made available to me. Will update you all when its up and running :-)

si850r
Saturday 11th December 2010, 19:10
hi...what does this do then?

p fandango
Saturday 11th December 2010, 19:12
RICA, my god man don't you read what "the others" say lol

Santa
Saturday 11th December 2010, 19:17
What others? lol

I probably have blured out the name and not mentioned the tuners name lol

It's for swapping/uploading ECU Maps si850r

p fandango
Saturday 11th December 2010, 20:57
lmao, i do like the edit to "generic tuner". Its blastered all over the pics & you even wrote there name in the reasons for edit so you'll not get away with it that easy lol

RT MECHANICS
Saturday 11th December 2010, 21:07
Great Santa look forward to seeing how you get on with the RICA I Softloader system they have been selling very well since they arrived :B_thumb:

stu_850t5
Saturday 11th December 2010, 21:13
so does this mean you can 'custom map' ?

Santa
Saturday 11th December 2010, 21:14
lmao, i do like the edit to "generic tuner". Its blastered all over the pics & you even wrote there name in the reasons for edit so you'll not get away with it that easy lol

Obviously I didn't try hard enough lol

Great Santa look forward to seeing how you get on with the RICA I Softloader system they have been selling very well since they arrived :B_thumb:

Yeah Russ there has been quite a waiting list for these which is probably a few people started to describe them as "vapour-ware". Hopefully supplies will start to become more abundant.

If anything I'm hoping selecting a lower stage map will stop the AWD wheel spinning in 3rd. (Yeah I could control it but its becoming addictive lighting up all 4 wheels, better to take away the temptation lol).

Santa
Saturday 11th December 2010, 21:16
so does this mean you can 'custom map' ?

Means I can swap between the maps I have had from said "Generic Tuner" (Stage 1..2....) and the standard Volvo map

RT MECHANICS
Saturday 11th December 2010, 21:17
Obviously I didn't try hard enough lol

Yeah Russ there has been quite a waiting list for these which is probably a few people started to describe them as "vapour-ware". Hopefully supplies will start to become more abundant.

If anything I'm hoping selecting a lower stage map will stop the AWD wheel spinning in 3rd. (Yeah I could control it but its becoming addictive lighting up all 4 wheels, better to take away the temptation lol).

No Problem with supplies at all now :gossip: we at RT had the first 40 in the uk they sold over night as i had alot of customers already ordered the units :)

Good luck with your car :)

Santa
Saturday 11th December 2010, 21:21
No Problem with supplies at all now :gossip: we at RT had the first 40 in the uk they sold over night as i had alot of customers already ordered the units :)

Good luck with your car :)

Yeah I ordered mine before they started shipping as well....as did so many people infront of me so didnt get on the first shipment lol

Cheers for the good luck.....might need it lol.

You might know this Russ. Once these are registered and the maps are on the unit do they work without being tailed to a laptop? I ask because when I remove the usb connection the unit goes dead. (Might need charging though.....dont know lol).

RT MECHANICS
Sunday 12th December 2010, 09:28
Yeah I ordered mine before they started shipping as well....as did so many people infront of me so didnt get on the first shipment lol

Cheers for the good luck.....might need it lol.

You might know this Russ. Once these are registered and the maps are on the unit do they work without being tailed to a laptop? I ask because when I remove the usb connection the unit goes dead. (Might need charging though.....dont know lol).

The car will power the unit dont worry :gossip: