PDA

View Full Version : I`ve given up.S60R FOR SALE.

STEVO RRR
Friday 10th December 2010, 12:26
My cherished baby is now for sale.Check it out in the `volvos for sale forum.

I believe she needs a new headlight because of incessant condensation/water ingress.I cant afford any more money to be spent on her or my wifes Saab 93 so she has to go.

I will take £5500 for her.The fact she had a new clutch and flywheel in October costing nearly £1500 makes it the cheapest in the country.

Dont be put off by my demeanour.I`M SERIOUSLY PISSED OFF AT THE MOMENT BUT THIS CAR IS A CRACKER.NO BODY DINGS,JUST STONE CHIPS HERE AND THERE.

Good luck.This car is NOT advertised anywhere else.I want her to go to a volvo enthusiast.
Steve

t5_monkey
Friday 10th December 2010, 15:16
sorry to hear your selling hope you get a decent price :)

Jimmie
Friday 10th December 2010, 21:20
Why dont you just buy a second hand light?
You will regret selling it for sweeties as they are not as bad a motor as a lot of people say they are.

STEVO RRR
Saturday 11th December 2010, 19:36
Why dont you just buy a second hand light?
You will regret selling it for sweeties as they are not as bad a motor as a lot of people say they are.

Jimmie.I would if I could.A headlight for an S60R is as rare as rocking horse doo-daa.If you know somewhere let me know.I`ve done a search of breakers in the UK and nothing.It`s no hassle to fit one so if I can get one cheap I will fit it but even then I `ll still probably sell.If I have to buy a new one the price will be 6k.I think I will go back to a mondeo st220 or an audi a4/s4.The Ford doesnt have the quality of the R but its so much more reliable and on the motorway they are awesome.I will miss the R and I may change my mind.I will miss wasting megane 225 and Audi TTfsi (both today).

Thanks for the pep talk.The fact its for sale only on this website says it all really.I`m not sure of anything right now.
Steve

Santa
Saturday 11th December 2010, 19:41
R owner to R owner I know what your going through. I have recently contemplated selling/breaking/distroying in an accident my S60R but its like a 5 year old kid....absolute pain in the arse but ...no matter how much you think of doing it....you wouldn't "purposely" leave them in Sainsburys car park and drive off.

Hopefully you decide to keep it.....if not I hope you get at least the asking price or I won't be happy lol

LeeT5
Tuesday 14th December 2010, 14:28
Steve

I too had labour pains when i got my R and only last week i was kicked in the balls with a new MAF sensor!
In the 18months of owning i have problably spent in the region of £2000 (most of that was MODS) and then in May this year some spotty **** rear ended my pride and joy and did £5580 damage. The insurance company wanted to right it off but i convinced them otherwise. 4 weeks later and she has been so well repaired you really couldn't tell (other than the new rear bumper etc. Even my Volvo Tech looking underneath said it's one of the best repairs he has ever seen.

Now i am on top of the repairs and generally it's just regular maintenance (which is not expensive at all). Occasionally she hiccups, but what 2nd hand car doesn't?

I strongly believe that if the car is that great and it only needs a headlight, then you will seriously regret selling. Do yourselve a favour and put her in the garage for a short while. Don't spend anything till after Xmas on her and in the mean time a headlight will surely come your way.

I massively regret selling my Laser R. which is why i will never throw in the towel no matter how much she spits in my face. Faults can be fixed. Like someone else said, Rs are not all that bad, just need reighning now and again. It's an expensive car to break if not looked after but a careful owner like yourself should not have any problems.

I think you should ride out the headlight storm m8 and you will see things are very good in R land, trust me, i know.:remybussi

STEVO RRR
Tuesday 14th December 2010, 19:15
Lee,thanks for that mate.I may give her one last chance.My lovely wife has come home tonite having just earned a 2k bonus from work (bless her).FRP in Swansea will charge £643 for a headlight.An 18% discount (thanks guys)so things are looking up.Overtime is also being worked this weekend so moneywise all is well.I was just so peed off with the headlight condensation blowing the bulb or ballast.I checked the headlight fuse and all is well with that so it may well be just the bulb.I`ll check this weekend but the condensation is a real and ongoing problem.
It would be such a shame for me to spend all this time and money and let someone else enjoy it so I`ll see how I feel when the lights done.I wont be touching it before xmas(apart from checking the bulb) and I`m either driving on the sidelights or with one headlight scanning all the time for plod.
Santa summed up these cars best.They are like a 5 year old kid but they are addictive too.
I`ll see how it goes but no promises.
Steve

LeeT5
Wednesday 15th December 2010, 11:24
That's the spirit Steve.
I did think...(but you've only had the car 5 minutes!). Anyway, that's great news on the headlight. Don't forget after it's been fitted it will need to go to the dealer for calibration and software, otherwise the light will not move up and down in tune with the rear level sensor :wink:. Don't panic!!! software and calibration is no more than £20 and 30 minutes labour.

If you need anymore help with your car (before you spit your dummy out) then don't hesitate to PM me. I know these cars pretty well now and all their faults but rest assured most of them are easy to fix.

I made a MOD list the other day and i'm onto #34 with 8 yet to complete. Once complete i will just sit back and enjoy. Two of them to be done today infact inc 10mm spacers on the front and 15mm on the rear (when the parcel arrives).

Your car is in a great position as you have only just replaced the Clutch and flywheel. Just think of the trouble free miles in that department. 4 months before i bought my car the previous owner spent £4000 on it, including Clutch, Flywheel, Bevel gearbox complete, Propshaft and offside front shock absorber. All done at the dealer. Happy days!!! All i have to do now is cosmetics and service (don't mention the MAF sensor :smirk:).

Before you know it, spring will be here, meets galore :beer: and your car will be :ready2go:

Lee.