PDA

View Full Version : 940 Lighting Wiring Help

Crazy_C
Thursday 9th December 2010, 18:51
I'm building a totally custom dash for my 940 and I'm getting rid of all the normal switches for the lights on the dash (the round headlamp switch, the fog switches and the hazards one as well) but could do with a wiring diagram for them, mainly for the round headlamp switch.

I need to know what wires to run to the new switches so if anyone can help, that'd be great.

I have:
- White
- Yellow with red stripe
- Red
- Blue
- Yellow with white stripe

So if someone can tell me which do what, or which to wire up for sidelights and main beam (keeping the high beam switch on the indicator stalk)

Cheers

p fandango
Thursday 9th December 2010, 19:11
where abouts are you? i've got a nice test probe & plenty of electrical connectors, even got some spare metal toggle switches

Crazy_C
Thursday 9th December 2010, 19:21
I'm in Kent, the car is at my mate's auto shop in Crayford.

We have all the electrical tester gear, but just would make it easier knowing what all the wires did :) lol

p fandango
Thursday 9th December 2010, 19:24
ah that is a bit far for me, if you've got a test probe it won't take 5minutes to put a positive feed down each wire & see which lights up

nobananas
Friday 10th December 2010, 21:58
Try looking on here mate. Page 22 seems to be where the lighting section starts.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/3698827/tp3908202-940-1995-wiring-diagrams-section-3-39

Crazy_C
Saturday 11th December 2010, 00:30
You sir, are a total goddamn legend!!! When the car is done, I will impale a banana on the roof rack and take a photo of the car with that tribute to you on show!!! :D :lol: