PDA

View Full Version : Ccm-0021 (dtc)

LeeT5
Tuesday 7th December 2010, 13:33
Hi all

I have done a search but to no avail. I know the above dtc relates to 'air quality sensor'. Can anyone tell me where it is on an 04 V70R and indeed, how much one is?

Anyway, i'm off for a nice cup ot tea..

Check for any replies later.

Thanks all :)

Phuturephantasy
Tuesday 7th December 2010, 14:38
Copied from another thread - hope it helps..

The ccm 0021 code means that the air senser in the air intake is faulty, this little device controls the vent flap on the intake. It closes it if there are polutents in the air and stops them entering the car. You will find it under the black trim below the windscreen inside the air intake on the right hand side (looking from the front) well it is on my 2002 V70.

I replaced it myself, the cost of the sensor from volvo is approx £139.00 + vat. I managed to find a secondhand one which cost £20+vat You may get away with just blowing the sensor out with compressed air?

LeeT5
Tuesday 14th December 2010, 14:34

The ccm 0021 code means that the air senser in the air intake is faulty, this little device controls the vent flap on the intake. It closes it if there are polutents in the air and stops them entering the car. You will find it under the black trim below the windscreen inside the air intake on the right hand side (looking from the front) well it is on my 2002 V70.

I replaced it myself, the cost of the sensor from volvo is approx £139.00 + vat. I managed to find a secondhand one which cost £20+vat You may get away with just blowing the sensor out with compressed air?

Thanks buddy. Was it an easy fix? How hard is it to get to? what has to come off?

LeeT5
Thursday 6th January 2011, 12:11

Sorry matey but i have been to the dealer about this and spoke to a volvo tech and they both said there aren't any sensors in the cabin air intake under the scuttle! The only sensor they could think of was the small sensor in the climate control panel that has a fan on it. These are £70.
Can you give me a part number for the sensor you are referring to under the scuttle so i can go back to the dealer and get them to have another look?

many thanks, Lee.

LeeT5
Monday 17th January 2011, 22:47
All sorted.

Removed Scuttle cover and wiper arms. Four plastic retaining clips will need to be smashed out and replaced with new ones.
Unclip the two side clips from the scuttle corner, each side. Then gently bend the clips inwards that retain the intake funnel and remove. Then nearest the front of the intake tunnel you will see the Air quality sensor (only if you have Climate control - not manual air conditioning). Gently twist the old sensor out and remove from holder. Unplug and replace with new sensor.
Refit everything in reverse. Takes about 45 minutes with proper tools. Mainly to remove the wiper arms...do not force or bend!

new sensor is £153 from dealer. the old one was minging!

:)