PDA

View Full Version : I want my T5 now

thesoundcriminal
Tuesday 7th December 2010, 07:01
I have got to wait till Saturday to get it, and I need it now. My Discovery is eating new batteries for breakfast. It just will not turn over enough first think IE 6am will have to fork out on a heavy duty diesel battery. Balls. Well I would normally take the wifes Alfa Romeo GTV but that has frozen over during the day at her work place carpark ( bearing in mind we are in sunny Devon) and she could not close the door the locks had just seized up. So I had to cycle to work, oh what joy, with one light, one glove and semi flat tires to get some grip on the frosty roads.

I am now at work sweating really hot lol

Roll on Saturday

p fandango
Tuesday 7th December 2010, 07:06
its bad enough waiting to get a new car anyway let alone if your relying on it, sod cycling to work have the rest of the week off :wink:

thesoundcriminal
Tuesday 7th December 2010, 10:10
lol

PaulZX
Tuesday 7th December 2010, 13:10
my disco isn't liking the cold weather... very slow turning over first start of the day, but fin and dandy after that...

Flatout Phil
Tuesday 7th December 2010, 13:14
OK so it ain't no Disco, but my CRV just does what it says on the tin! Mind you, waiting to tax it all last week was, well, taxing!

Like waiting for Christmas when you're nine.

thesoundcriminal
Tuesday 7th December 2010, 17:07
Yes I need a bit more poke in my battery. Have you checked out Lancaster insurance on your disco. They done mine on a limited mileage police 5k fully comp with out using your no clams for £166

p fandango
Tuesday 7th December 2010, 18:13
Yes I need a bit more poke in my battery.
you want one of our Reach truck batteries, guaranteed to give enough power but they weigh 900kg (or 1300kg on the High level trucks)

Volvostorm
Tuesday 7th December 2010, 19:20
I want mine back too, sick of freezing my ass of in this corsa, first car in years I've had to scrape the ice off the inside, and the heater is like have a dormouse fart at you!

And they let kids drive these things!

WHOOSH
Tuesday 7th December 2010, 22:17
My disco is spot on, first turn of the key no bother, have checked your glow plugs?.

si850r
Tuesday 7th December 2010, 22:52
i use discos....td5 s and defenders every day with no issues.....

thesoundcriminal
Wednesday 8th December 2010, 07:13
its always fine after the first start or if I put a booster pack or charge the battery overnight. So I think its just the battery anyone know what ampage it should be on a disco, I could google it really lol :)