PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Seen This?

Dave86
Friday 3rd December 2010, 15:25
Saw this on ebay just wondered if anyones had any experience with these people, Certainly cheaper than a remap was thinking of sending my ecu off and letting them do it.
Any Thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170573168774

leet5r
Friday 3rd December 2010, 16:14
dont

Dave86
Friday 3rd December 2010, 16:34
dont
short and sweet lol

MWT5
Friday 3rd December 2010, 16:45
I think that the chip is soldered on to the t5 ecu so you would have to get someone to remove your own chip and resolder the new one in place by time you done all this is it going to be cheaper than a remap probably not and there is a chance of the ecu getting damaged when the new chip is installed.
Not worth it in my opinion.

andyb1375
Friday 3rd December 2010, 17:31
Be very cautious !!! The company is from outside the UK so if it all goes wrong !!!

t5_monkey
Friday 3rd December 2010, 18:15
Get a remap... leave this kind of thing well alone... don't say we didn't warn you!

Pliskin
Friday 3rd December 2010, 18:21
Are HLM still doing the 850 range at £150 exhange, if so for the price difference that has got to be the best option.

leet5r
Friday 3rd December 2010, 18:51
yad have better luck with a McCAIN oven chip lol

Dangerous Dave
Friday 3rd December 2010, 18:56
If you're going down that route then its cheaper to get you own chips and chip programmer and remap it yourself

gmain1967
Friday 3rd December 2010, 19:32
dont

Exactly what he said, times 2.

You need to observe static protection at all times when handling the chip, and during soldering/desoldering. And to guarantee a defect free solder joint, you need to be quite adept with a soldering iron, and have the correct tips, and removal tools.

Soldering a wire to a connector for a rear light or a trailerboard is one thing, soldering a chip to either a carrier or direct to a circuit board is more tricky and too much heat and you just screwed the board and everything else on it.

Dangerous Dave
Friday 3rd December 2010, 20:59
You need to observe static protection at all times when handling the chip,
And when handling the ecu in general too, which is where I went wrong......

Dave86
Monday 6th December 2010, 22:19
Well thank you all for your feedback its very much appreciated i did think it was a bit dubious. Remap it is then :)

Spooky
Tuesday 7th December 2010, 19:51
I love this bit.....

If you have ecu with number 0261206272, you'll have to mention that when making payment.

why? Cause you got their frickin money before you tell them that it could possibly end up killing them hahahah!! DICK!

LeeT5
Wednesday 15th December 2010, 10:44
You would be foolish to even think about sending your cash to these idiots. This is my favourite bit....

This was our hobby and passion for a long time and, finally, on summer of 2005 we started our business. Years passed and now we can offer exceptional quality performance chips for almost any car. Our chips always show better results than other companie's works. Each of our chip is tested in real-life situations and fine-tuned over and over again to get the best performance possible.

....Oh really!? So where is the link on Ebay to your company? Its a bold claim to state that your chips show better results than other companies...like, BSR, ELEVATE, IPD etc.

:uglyhamme I hope the quality control of their chips is better than the quality control of their english language.

I don't have to look any further than the ebay auction to realise that these baffoons are just out to rob the innocent motorist. Cowboys!

It would be cheaper in the long run to avoid these people and pay more money with a reputible tuning company.