PDA

View Full Version : Looks like we might go for an S60 D5

lance
Thursday 2nd December 2010, 22:20
As above the Mrs fancys wants to test drive one! So we will be looking for her first as my cars not even been recoved from my drive yet due to scaffolding problems. Ive kind of decided I want to try an Octavia VRS MK2 ideally the diesel but maybe the petrol, but hey I might end using the D5 which will im sure be a pleasure!

The Flying Moose
Thursday 2nd December 2010, 22:28
I can speak for the Octavia VRS mate. I had the 2.0PDI Diesel on a 57 plate for a short period between Volvo's and it was a fantastic car. I had it mapped by Jabba Sport in peterborough which was supposed to take it to around 200bhp but the car was quick standard.

Very comfortable car and does 45mpg easily driving briskly.

jbconno
Thursday 2nd December 2010, 22:35
I would thoroughly recommend an Octy Vrs Tdi. I had an 07 plate one as a company car and did 60K in it 2 years. FANTASTIC car !! Was quite sad to see it go back.

p fandango
Friday 3rd December 2010, 22:06
if your round & about Cov feel free to pop in & take either Bonny or my old mans for a spin if you want

Santa
Saturday 4th December 2010, 18:40
Drove a few new S60 D5's a couple of months ago. Chassis is brilliant and the engine felt powerful enough.

If I were to buy one I'd only be able to buy the Automatic and not sure I want to ditch manuals yet. (Size 14 feet, on the manual my foot kept getting caught on the steering pole that connects the steering wheel to the whatever that moves the wheels.)

lance
Saturday 4th December 2010, 22:03
Drove one today but had loud wooshe noice under revs would this be a turbo pipe or heater related issue

Jaseb77
Saturday 4th December 2010, 22:16
Drove one today but had loud wooshe noice under revs would this be a turbo pipe or heater related issue

Not heard that before, but maybe hoses, or intercooler, what year was it ?

lance
Sunday 5th December 2010, 21:29
2002 Im thinking it must be intercooler hose, to be honest I wouldnt buy the car if they fixed as they lied in the description and neither of us felt great about the car.
We have looked at 2 more examples today, 1 seemed nice but awaiting details if there is any volvo service history 118k(finance repo) and for the clocks to be fixed! Drove lovely when the dealer took us out, will come with fresh mot 6 months tax. He has done some work to it and has a good reputation and seemed 100% genuine in his approach.

The other one Andrea prefers the colour (safron v silver) and it has slightly better spec loads of recipts but no service book, plus slightly dodgy backstreet trader airbag and engine service lights on and wheel alliangment out. Dealer said it would all be fixed and T & Td ,also gear knob very worn for 135K and felt quite heavy! Both were around £2.8k
I wish a standard manual minter would turn up at a bargain price near to home. With leather heated seats in a nice colour!
There is a 2004 that in leicester that goes into limp mode @ 75 mph I wonder if that could be fixed reasnobly.
I really like S60 D5s and look forward to finding the right one, Andrea wants a bog standard one otherwise we would be intrested in yours!

Im currently thinking of an Octavia VRS 2.0 TSI for me, the Diesel 170 wasnt me, too much clater and all or nothing.
However the petrol VRS (latest golf GTI engine)is among the nicest 4 pots ive heard and driven. ( I just need the insurance to cough up now!)