PDA

View Full Version : road legal hi performance brakes

UNZIE
Wednesday 1st December 2010, 12:31
anyone got any suggestions for a s40 2.0t 1999 or some good condition s/hand ones ( looking for a kit or a bundle deal really , know anyone ? or a web site

Al115
Wednesday 1st December 2010, 13:26
I had Hi Spec "Monster 4" kit on one of my T4s. Stopped well but didn't like not being driven frequently. Also tried Evo 2 brakes which bolt directly on, but TBH the best setup for fast road use was the stock T4 brakes with good-condition Volvo discs and DS2500 pads.

LiamT4
Wednesday 1st December 2010, 16:29
The problem with his standard setup is that being its a 99 model it will most probably have 258mm front discs, which aren'y really big enough for the car.
If you do have the 280mm (which are on the phase 2's, which started around june 2000) then original volvo discs are very good, combine them with some ferodos or ebc red stuff (i'v used both on my last t4) and that should be fine for fast road use. Braided brake pipes can help to.
I know some people hate ebc, but i think they have got a lot better in the last couple of years (as far as break pads are concerned).

If you do have the earlier brake setup then you could try fitting the fron't discs and calipers off the evo 3, as these are 278mm and twin piston calipers.
I'v not had them, but have read of a few people who used them and thought it was a good improvement.

UNZIE
Friday 3rd December 2010, 13:24
excellent thank you both !