PDA

View Full Version : Key Fob

thesoundcriminal
Tuesday 30th November 2010, 21:51
I am looking at a locaL 850 T5 but it does not have the key fob I got my old one from my old 850 can I use that and just get it reprogramed, or what is the score. Thanks guys hopefully be back soon with an r or this one

t5lover
Tuesday 30th November 2010, 22:01
u can reprogram it by turning the key 5 times in 10seconds or something like that and the red led should light up (the one in the center of the dash board) then press and hold the unlock/lock button for 10secs the light should go out just make sure you got the door shut tho when doing it all if i am wrong someone will be along to help out :)

thesoundcriminal
Tuesday 30th November 2010, 22:08
ok that sound really cool and not beyond my mechanical abilities. Lucky you did not get my t5. I think I will be stripping it of all its cool bits first and then scrap it. Another question I got a MBC how do I fit it without a gauge, can I use it as is, or should i get a gauge as well. Also I got lowering springs are they hard to fit.

t5lover
Tuesday 30th November 2010, 22:29
ok that sound really cool and not beyond my mechanical abilities. Lucky you did not get my t5. I think I will be stripping it of all its cool bits first and then scrap it. Another question I got a MBC how do I fit it without a gauge, can I use it as is, or should i get a gauge as well. Also I got lowering springs are they hard to fit.

lol it is easy to do mate i done it loads of times now but it does work lol if u braking it i buy the spring of u am after a set lol if i was u i would get a boost gauge and set the boost at 12-13 psi as the boost cut comes in at 14. something and it will bend your conrods so i would say best bet is to stick at 12psi to be safe :) the springs are easy to do the rears are abit or a pain but they are easy well for me they are lol i hope that helps u out mate :)

thesoundcriminal
Tuesday 30th November 2010, 22:34
I have got a spare set of springs they are ex plod springs and are supposed to be lower than normal, how can I measure them.

cherry1809
Wednesday 1st December 2010, 08:54
I have got a spare set of springs they are ex plod springs and are supposed to be lower than normal, how can I measure them.

Tape measure? LOL.
Why don't you use the ones from MUV?

thesoundcriminal
Wednesday 1st December 2010, 11:15
lol lol I thought that after posting