PDA

View Full Version : question>

TEAMWAYSIDE21
Friday 3rd December 2004, 12:41
for the first time this morning,the guage said 0 c,it was freezing,

just a quick question,i travel around alot in my t5,but the biggest journey is 30 miles to work,down a straight dual carriageway,some people were saying you have to cool the turbo down,is that right?

also just to make sure,we are meeting at the bus station at 7.30 on sunday,correct?

cheers

henry

see you in notts

Murphy
Friday 3rd December 2004, 13:35
for the first time this morning,the guage said 0 c,it was freezing,

just a quick question,i travel around alot in my t5,but the biggest journey is 30 miles to work,down a straight dual carriageway,some people were saying you have to cool the turbo down,is that right?

also just to make sure,we are meeting at the bus station at 7.30 on sunday,correct?

cheers

henry

see you in notts

Hi Henry

We will all be there around that time. The Oceon night club has a car park outside, there should be loads of people there in Volvos-

As for turbo cooling, the turbo spins at upto and around 100000rpm and thus gets very hot indeed, fortunatly it is swimming in oil so all the components remain lubricated, however if you turn the car off the oil pump stops and starves the turbo of oil, so if it is hot this can cause damage. My own rule of thumb is take 15-20 mins to warm the car up without making use of the turbo and for cooling i take it easy within a mile of my destination then on arrival leave it on tick over for 10-20 seconds and that should do the trick :D (Apart from the Cav Chariot which gets a beating from cold all the way till she gets turned off - lol)

TEAMWAYSIDE21
Friday 3rd December 2004, 14:38
thanks for that,i know what to do now,should make the turbo last longer,hopefully!

see you on sunday.i will be there at about that time.