PDA

View Full Version : Oh b*gger, ovlov won't start !

nobananas
Sunday 28th November 2010, 19:24
Just nipped out to pop round me mums and the T5, it no go !!. Just turns over. There's no fuel at the rail so I suspect the fuel pump has failed...again..(it went this time last year !). Better finding out now then the missus finding out tomorrow on her way to work but has anyone got a good, genuine spare pump they can send me asap (for exchange of moneys obviously !). I had a pattern one last year and it was so bad I took it off and fitted a second hand one. Trouble is I am going to need it by Wednesday as I can steal a car till then and give the wife my Laguna to get to work in.

The Flying Moose
Sunday 28th November 2010, 21:13
Just nipped out to pop round me mums and the T5, it no go !!. Just turns over. There's no fuel at the rail so I suspect the fuel pump has failed...again..(it went this time last year !). Better finding out now then the missus finding out tomorrow on her way to work but has anyone got a good, genuine spare pump they can send me asap (for exchange of moneys obviously !). I had a pattern one last year and it was so bad I took it off and fitted a second hand one. Trouble is I am going to need it by Wednesday as I can steal a car till then and give the wife my Laguna to get to work in.

Hi mate where abouts are you in the UK?

I am in Accrington at the moment and as I understand readview have loads of spares. I could nip in and get one for you, im heading south again on tuesday and could de-tour if its not too far out the way to deliver it.

nobananas
Sunday 28th November 2010, 22:49
Hi mate where abouts are you in the UK?

I am in Accrington at the moment and as I understand readview have loads of spares. I could nip in and get one for you, im heading south again on tuesday and could de-tour if its not too far out the way to deliver it.

Thanks for the kind offer mate, I've had a word with t5lover who's breaking one in classifieds and he should have one on it's way to me on Tuesday. I'm in Cambs so it might have been a bit out of your way anyhow but the offer is much appreciated.

The Flying Moose
Sunday 28th November 2010, 22:53
Thanks for the kind offer mate, I've had a word with t5lover who's breaking one in classifieds and he should have one on it's way to me on Tuesday. I'm in Cambs so it might have been a bit out of your way anyhow but the offer is much appreciated.

Ok well if it doesnt work out ill pop to readview and buy a spare and my usual residence is only 20 or so miles from Cambridge so no problem dropping one over.

glock19
Monday 29th November 2010, 08:54
You'll need to know what's the root cause in the long run. Do you wait till the "Low Fuel" lamp comes on before you refill ? When the fuel tank is low, the motor is not submerged in fuel and it could run hot - damaging your pump in the process, otherwise an original pump can last you 200k km without issues.

Flatout Phil
Monday 29th November 2010, 12:57
Just a comment to say that Emlyn (V70ETS) is an absolute asset to this forum - what a decent bloke.

Good luck with the fuel pump!

The Flying Moose
Monday 29th November 2010, 16:47
Just a comment to say that Emlyn (V70ETS) is an absolute asset to this forum - what a decent bloke.

I try to help where I can Phil. There is nothing worse than having the facility and time to help someone and simply brushing it away. There are so few decent people left and as I myself have admitted there is a good always willing bunch on here.

nobananas
Monday 29th November 2010, 23:20
You'll need to know what's the root cause in the long run. Do you wait till the "Low Fuel" lamp comes on before you refill ? When the fuel tank is low, the motor is not submerged in fuel and it could run hot - damaging your pump in the process, otherwise an original pump can last you 200k km without issues.

It's the missus's motor and she doesn't tend to let it run too low as she's paranoid about running out of juice in traffic. I think the reason it's dead is it was a second hand pump fitted after the pattern pump started failing then multiply by 25k a year and voila...it's dead again !. I'm also a tight ar$e and won't shell out xxx quid for a new one LOL !

nobananas
Monday 29th November 2010, 23:22

Agreed, his offer is most generous.