PDA

View Full Version : Tyres

t4 chump
Sunday 28th November 2010, 15:57
Can anyone recommend a decent tyre brand for a v40t4 theys a lot to chose and dunno weither to go for hankook enduro or just go all out and get pirrelis

-CHRIS-
Sunday 28th November 2010, 16:00
Ive had Flaken FK452's in the past.. cheap, grippy and they seem to get good reviews..

LiamT4
Sunday 28th November 2010, 21:03
Don't get pirellis. They are way overpriced for how good they are.
I had them on my last t4, and without the traction control on it would always spin its wheels when you floored it at lower speeds, even off the line and mine was an auto.

gmain1967
Sunday 28th November 2010, 21:21
Don't get pirellis. They are way overpriced for how good they are.
I had them on my last t4, and without the traction control on it would always spin its wheels when you floored it at lower speeds, even off the line and mine was an auto.

Agreed 110%. On ANY car. Overpriced and underperforming.

Depends on what you want and how much you want to pay. If you want best grip, you need to sacrifice long wear. If you want long wear, you sacrifice grip.

I just want grip as I'm not too concerned about saving say £30 a tyre, to find that I get a tyre that just wants to let the car understeer at every opportunity...

I would recommend Yokohama Parada 2's, ahead of Toyo Proxes T1-R's.

t4 chump
Wednesday 1st December 2010, 09:02
Ive noticed that with the pirrellis on the front i just thought it was cos the were a bit low and the car had the power! Ill take a look for them and see wat i get

Flatout Phil
Wednesday 1st December 2010, 09:16
Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta from Tyremen.co.uk suit me in the summer - very reasonable price. Currently running Yokohama IceGuard - not so reasonably priced ;)

hamish
Wednesday 1st December 2010, 12:31
Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta from Tyremen.co.uk suit me in the summer - very reasonable price.

You obviosly haven't bought any Vredesteins for a while !! They a very good tyres BUT recently they have alligned their prices with Michelin !!

To the OP try some Falkens we are selling them as our 'house' brand and everyone has been impressed. Falken is owned by the same co. as Dunlop and Goodyear.

Regards,
Hamish.