PDA

View Full Version : Spigot rings for Replica Pegs

BruceT
Saturday 27th November 2010, 19:44
We took the car to our local garage to try and diagnose a vibration through the V70 P2, off we trotted to get all 4 wheels balanced.

The replica pegs do not have spigot rings fitted! So even with the wheel bolts in there is still a small amount of play.

What is the centre bore of the phase 2 V70? Its a 2000 model?

Does anyone with replica pegs (assuming there all the same wheel centre bore?) know the wheel centre bore size?

Storm-Troll
Saturday 27th November 2010, 20:47
thats strange.. I have 18" Rep Pegs and no Spig Rings and I have absolutely no vibration or pull at all.. must just be lucky I guess....

p fandango
Saturday 27th November 2010, 21:01
not pegs but i've ran aftermarket rims with no spigot rings

BruceT
Saturday 27th November 2010, 21:02
Hmmm strange

I'll have to take the wheel off and check myelf as I thought all Pegasus replica wheels had to have spigot rings to fit flush on the Volvo centre bore of 65.1?

All 4 wheels have been re-balanced but there is still a distinct vibration through the entire car above 60mph on the motorway

p fandango
Saturday 27th November 2010, 21:16
I'll have to take the wheel off and check myelf as I thought all Pegasus replica wheels had to have spigot rings to fit flush on the Volvo centre bore of 65.1?
my Fox's should have spigot rings, but they seat themselves perfectly when you tighten the wheel nuts up

volvolised
Saturday 27th November 2010, 21:31
the rep pegs are made in lots of different places so hey ho yours need spigot rings , whilst helping seat the wheel on fitment that little ridge on the hub for the spigot ring/correct sized wheel to sit on takes a massive strain off the wheel bolts which under vibration will work loose...especially on a 150 mph estate car hth...not having them fitted is unsafe...most tyre and wheel places have a few lying about you might get lucky..

BruceT
Saturday 27th November 2010, 21:32
Ive just checked the sellers original thread for these wheels and they did come with spigot rings.

Duane, I thought it was a bad idea to basically have to cars weight on the 5x wheel bolts rather than on the stux axle? (Just reading info from the net..)

p fandango
Saturday 27th November 2010, 21:36
Duane, I thought it was a bad idea to basically have to cars weight on the 5x wheel bolts rather than on the stux axle? (Just reading info from the net..)
having tried to cut, grind & drill thru just one of those bolts can say they ain't going anywhere lol

volvolised
Saturday 27th November 2010, 21:38
having tried to cut, grind & drill thru just one of those bolts can say they ain't going anywhere lol

Prat !!!!! lol

p fandango
Saturday 27th November 2010, 21:41
Prat !!!!! lol
whatever you reckon :ices_rofl lol