PDA

View Full Version : rear shocks

p fandango
Friday 26th November 2010, 14:43
wondered if anyone who'd changed there rear shocks tell me what size the bottom mount nut is, only looked for a minute but the 19mm wasn't gripping so got a feeling its 18mm (which i haven't got)

also i need to expose the metal shaft on the shock, can the outer plastic casing be removed & is it MOT passable with the shock open like that

many thanks Duane

Flatout Phil
Friday 26th November 2010, 15:03
18mm sounds about right, if I could throw one to Coventry I would. On my Nivos, the rubbery concertina thing is shredded, both my Nivo cars were like that, but it was never a failure. Mind you I am sure that the MOT boys on here will tell you with authority.

Not like you to be wincing at diving under your motor?

p fandango
Friday 26th November 2010, 15:27
18mm sounds about right, if I could throw one to Coventry I would. On my Nivos, the rubbery concertina thing is shredded, both my Nivo cars were like that, but it was never a failure. Mind you I am sure that the MOT boys on here will tell you with authority.

Not like you to be wincing at diving under your motor?
typical isn't it, they choice a not so common size to use. I know shocks from days gone past used to have the shaft exposed so don't think it'll be a problem, mine has got a solid plastic sleeve so got to see how it comes off

its bloody cold out there & got xmas decorations to sort so just not had the time to get under there, i got a telling off when i brought the tree stand in from the garage & my back was covered in leaves so got clocked for having a quick look lol