PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Condensation.

STEVO RRR
Thursday 25th November 2010, 16:08
I`ve had a problem with headlight condensation for a few weeks now ending with Bi-Xenon failure but ,thanks to this site,have cleared it up.
The 5p sized drill hole covered with 2 layers of J Cloth has worked a treat.I also had water by the main beam bulb and I cured this by drilling a 3mm hole.
Both are now dry and clear.
The amazing thing was when I initially removed the main beam rear cover I could literally hear the air PISH (Aberdeen word) out.I know these lights arent supposed to fog up but this cure deffo works.
We`ve got a lot of sna (snow)in Aberdeen right now so condensation would be everywhere without this mod.

BTW I`ve never had a car so planted in the snow in my life.The R is absolutely brilliant in this type of weather.

Big thanks to the member who posted the idea in the first place.
Steve

volvokid
Thursday 25th November 2010, 16:54
Steve any pics of the R? Wonder if I've spyed it around town...

STEVO RRR
Friday 26th November 2010, 11:13
Steve any pics of the R? Wonder if I've spyed it around town...

Hi Martyn.There`s pics of my R put up last Sunday.You`ll find them on the phase 2 forum.I`m normally around the Cove/Altens area of town.

Steve

volvokid
Friday 26th November 2010, 15:26
Oh yeah I did see them, well i'll keep an eye out for you. Thats what I like about our cars theres not much kicking about. I could be in a hilux, landy, S60R or the ones in the sig so if you see a weirdo flashing his headlights and waving it will be me lol

STEVO RRR
Saturday 27th November 2010, 20:15
Oh yeah I did see them, well i'll keep an eye out for you. Thats what I like about our cars theres not much kicking about. I could be in a hilux, landy, S60R or the ones in the sig so if you see a weirdo flashing his headlights and waving it will be me lol

Cool.I`ll look out for you.

Steve