PDA

View Full Version : T5-R recommendations

david7
Friday 3rd December 2004, 02:16
Hi all

My 94 T5-R is going in tomorrow to get Konis on the front, hopefully this will cure the hard ride, scraping sensations, and poor handling!!

I notice most of you have made mods to your standard 850's but what is there that can be done to a T5-R??

Its already got 17"'s lowewered suspension and mapped ECU from factory I believe..

2 other issues I have is that the Seats arn't that supportive laterally...is there anything that can be done? and the drivers one moved ever so slightly wehn I accelerate or brake...

David

Bracer
Friday 3rd December 2004, 09:22
First off

:welcome:

Now we've got that out the way, let the lesson begin.

I notice most of you have made mods to your standard 850's but what is there that can be done to a T5-R??

All of what you've seen can be done to yours too.

There are only minor changes in mechanics between your T-5R and a T5 resulting in the 15 hp gain to 240 bhp.

First steps to warp factor 9 would be;

ECU upgrade ] (Rica is your best bang for buck) [/U] (http://www.volvotuninguk.com/volvotuning/index.htm (Volvo Tunings) (http://www.volvotuninguk.com/volvotuning/index.htm2 other issues I have is that the Seats arn't that supportive laterally...is there anything that can be done? and the drivers one moved ever so slightly when I accelerate or brake...
[/QUOTE]

I think maybe yours are just suffering from age and unless you are prepared to have them re-conditioned and re-trimmed I think its something you may have to live with.
But on the case of the movement I would first off check all the mounts and ensure there tight, failing that again its probably due to age / wear and tear.

Hope this has been of some help ?

And if you look in the [U]Knowledge / How to information (http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23) area you will find several good tips and tricks to make your `R' run even sweeter !

Regards

Steve

P.S. Any questions just ask we're hear to help !

steveT5
Friday 3rd December 2004, 18:58
How much does a T19 turbo upgrade cost out of intrest.
Do you have to sell your kids and re mortgage ? or is it reasonable.

Wobbly Dave
Friday 3rd December 2004, 23:38
:welcome:

19T and a remap is about 2K from Volvotuning. 19T's do occasionally come up on ebay - but not that often. 19T will require a new downpipe (and cat) to accomodate the larger opening on the turbine side.

Enjoy the forum

david7
Tuesday 7th December 2004, 21:43
Thanks Steve, appreciate that...

The Koni's in the front have made a huge difference...fell's much tighter around corners...getting close to my Lotus now!!! The scraping sensation is worn brake disks, apparently they need a skim...i'll do that when I replace the brake pads...either Ferodo as suggested or EBC "Green Stuff" pads. I have also got a worn RF Rackend, I have sourced a used one for less that half the price of a new one, and hopefully installing that will make a difference. I'll put Koni's ionthe back as well...should be fantastic...

Thanks for the links as well...a stage 0 tune up is on the cards, along with the horn move, and the air filter...I may pop in and see Rica when I am in London in March...

I definetly need to do your Black bumper job, as mine is a mess!!! and its sounds like I need a set of recaros in the front to fix the seats!!

Thanks

David

Bracer
Wednesday 8th December 2004, 08:56
Thanks Steve, appreciate that...

The Koni's in the front have made a huge difference...fell's much tighter around corners...getting close to my Lotus now!!! The scraping sensation is worn brake disks, apparently they need a skim...i'll do that when I replace the brake pads...either Ferodo as suggested or EBC "Green Stuff" pads. I have also got a worn RF Rackend, I have sourced a used one for less that half the price of a new one, and hopefully installing that will make a difference. I'll put Koni's ionthe back as well...should be fantastic...

Thanks for the links as well...a stage 0 tune up is on the cards, along with the horn move, and the air filter...I may pop in and see Rica when I am in London in March...

I definetly need to do your Black bumper job, as mine is a mess!!! and its sounds like I need a set of recaros in the front to fix the seats!!

Thanks

David

No problem mate glad to help :wink:

Glad you found the "Knowledge / How to information" section helpfull :dgrin:

Steve