PDA

View Full Version : Towbar onto an 850 T5

Ade
Tuesday 23rd November 2010, 21:43
Is it easy enough? Are there bolts holes already there?

I see ebay sellers selling complete kits for under £100 and it looks quite tempting to just give it a go myself...

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 23rd November 2010, 21:48
I have done two myself on my car and a friends in the last six months. The one I bought was from ebay made by towtrust.

They are easy enough to do, you need a little patience though as you need to take a fair amount of boot trim out and all but one hole is there are you have to drill into the rear frame.

If you need a hand let me know.

Ade
Tuesday 23rd November 2010, 22:04
Cool, doesn't sound too bad.

How about the electrics?

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 23rd November 2010, 22:23
Cool, doesn't sound too bad.

How about the electrics?

Some have a loom already in place but those that dont you will have to take a splice on the rear lighting loom. Best thing to do is have a look.

I have a diagram somewhere for the cabling... and also a guide to which colour is what on the Volvo loom. If you need it ill hunt it out and post it up for you.

Ade
Tuesday 23rd November 2010, 22:34
Nice one, cheers mate!

dave854
Thursday 25th November 2010, 12:25
on the rear light clusters on my V70 I have spare connectors for fog light, reverse light and both indicators - not sure if the 850 is the same but worth a look, all you'd need to do then is put a female spade connector on your cabling and plug those bits in. Running lights you'd still have to splice in somewhere though. Have just installed a volvo towbar so its all still fresh at the moment, in the middle of doing a write up on it which I will post up at some point. Most relevant bit for you though is the light connectors - if you have them.

JUDGENINJA
Thursday 25th November 2010, 21:56
Later models have a plug under one of the panels to the side.