PDA

View Full Version : 850 air-con evaporator

nobananas
Sunday 17th July 2005, 21:49
Anyone changed one of these before ? Would like to know if it's a dash out job to plan my next weekend !

Matt30462
Sunday 17th July 2005, 22:35
Unless you have mechanical experience and certificates as long as your arm....just forget it. Give it to a mechanic that you really trust and hope they know what they are doing. Everything has to come out dash, airbags, trim the lot. Even if they get it out, there is no certainty that vital clips etc are not broken thus when the new evap is in, your dash does not fit right and rattles. Mine cost £600.plus from the local Volvo dealership, you can shop around but as I said get someone you trust.

nobananas
Sunday 17th July 2005, 23:11
Luckily I just so happen to be a spanner monkey with about fifteen years experience ! Just never had to do one of these before ! If I attempt it, is it worth me doing a 'how to' , suggestions please !

Matt30462
Monday 18th July 2005, 09:31
Well NB if your confident go for it. Will take a while if your doing a "how to"

nobananas
Monday 18th July 2005, 22:05
That doesn't look very nice :slap:

andi t5
Monday 18th July 2005, 22:24
Well NB if your confident go for it. Will take a while if your doing a "how to"go for it, i did a v70 evap a while back its not a big deal just looks awful, at the end of the day its a dashbord your taking out and fitting a new evap, its not rocket science, the only thing i struggled with was the clamps on the pipes into the evap had to buy the special tool, anyone with a bit of nous could do it, remember faint heart never f***** a pig!

nobananas
Monday 18th July 2005, 22:33
Will set aside a weekend and a hire car for the missus :biggrin: