PDA

View Full Version : Had the "suitcase" removed today.

LiamT4
Saturday 20th November 2010, 16:53
Anyone who has heard my car will know how quiet it is, well not anymore!
Had a little drive over to duanes to pay his local powerflow a visit. £50 later and It has a nice low burble on tickover and i can actually hear an exhaust note when i'm driving!
Turned out better than i was expecting, not loud but just right.

We had to wait a while though as there was a very interesting car having a straight through exhaust put on. Duane took some pics of that and it sounded very good :firedevil

Overall as a short term solution untill i do decide to have a complete exhaust, i'm very happy. £50, a nice noise and a bit less weight (the bloody silencer weighs a fair bit! lol), sorted.

p fandango
Saturday 20th November 2010, 17:06
must say it does sound amazing now, sorry i took alot more pics of the other car tho lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFdAMwA4FLE

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/4979/dscf0476b.jpg

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/6213/photo0226u.jpg

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/7436/photo0221w.jpg

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/1258/photo0224j.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PLAuFXXCAg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz0EMbHGzRc

LiamT4
Saturday 20th November 2010, 17:10
Thats fine mate, that car was pretty special!

p fandango
Saturday 20th November 2010, 17:12
Thats fine mate, that car was pretty special!
i bet it'd a close run thing on the 1/4mile tho thinking about it lol

LiamT4
Saturday 20th November 2010, 17:42
i bet it'd a close run thing on the 1/4mile tho thinking about it lol

It would be a laugh, although i think i'd need some ear plugs!
They seemed good blokes too, but he should definatly fit a supercharger. lol

p fandango
Saturday 20th November 2010, 21:05
It would be a laugh, although i think i'd need some ear plugs!
They seemed good blokes too, but he should definatly fit a supercharger. lol
yeh they were very nice people, i'm a fan of turbo's (although could always fit both lol)

LiamT4
Saturday 20th November 2010, 21:15
Thats pretty decent video quality of my car, sounds quite good even on my little notepad.

p fandango
Saturday 20th November 2010, 21:24
Thats pretty decent video quality of my car, sounds quite good even on my little notepad.
its quite a good camera considering it was only £130, think your video was about 10mpg so should be good quality lol

The Flying Moose
Saturday 20th November 2010, 23:36
I bet your car sounds nice now mate, a very well spent £50 I think, must be due a trip to Duanes again soon lol its been over a week! Ill have to nip over and see you.

p fandango
Saturday 20th November 2010, 23:54
must be due a trip to Duanes again soon lol its been over a week! Ill have to nip over and see you.
yeh be nice to see the new motor, how is it? Don't forget to bring a strut bolt when you come mate

The Flying Moose
Sunday 21st November 2010, 00:22
yeh be nice to see the new motor, how is it? Don't forget to bring a strut bolt when you come mate

Yes of course no problem, yeah new motor is really nice a very good spec indeed. I have reciepts in a ring binder for over 20 grand spent on it including 5k on the custom suspension setup!

Just think she needs a new maf sensor idling eratically at the moment.

smithy
Sunday 21st November 2010, 08:17
Yes of course no problem, yeah new motor is really nice a very good spec indeed. I have reciepts in a ring binder for over 20 grand spent on it including 5k on the custom suspension setup!

Just think she needs a new maf sensor idling eratically at the moment.

clean the maf with white spirit and cotton buds and clean idle control valve too and also check for airleaks mate

p fandango
Sunday 21st November 2010, 09:24
i've got BT's idle control valve you can have, so when shall i book her in at Powerflow? lol

The Flying Moose
Sunday 21st November 2010, 10:08
clean the maf with white spirit and cotton buds and clean idle control valve too and also check for airleaks mate

Cheers mate, going to try the maf off the 855 first as I know thats perfect and could also swap idle control valve if its either ill source scrapyard jobbies if they cant be cleaned. Now you mension vac leak it may well be but its boosting well so must be a tiny crack if it is. Think im going to go down the replace all vac line routes with fuel hose again!

i've got BT's idle control valve you can have, so when shall i book her in at Powerflow? lol

Today! lol

If its the idle control valve mate I may have to take yours off you ;)

p fandango
Sunday 21st November 2010, 10:20
Today! lol

If its the idle control valve mate I may have to take yours off you ;)
i'm out today & don't think there open anyway mate, i'm on nights next week but finish thursday but got a nice long weekend next week. We can put them stickers on the new T-5R for you lol. Idle valve is still in the garage somewhere so sort it out for you

T5frankie
Sunday 21st November 2010, 10:22

i think coventry is my local powerflow what sort of price you reckon for a decat and suitcase removal?

p fandango
Sunday 21st November 2010, 10:31
i think coventry is my local powerflow what sort of price you reckon for a decat and suitcase removal?
you'll have twin lamba like Liam so won't be able to do a decat without the ECU throwing a strop, they charged £50 yesterday. Pop in & i'll take you down if you when you want it done, they know me quite well again now (have to see about a forum discount soon lol)

smithy
Sunday 21st November 2010, 10:36
you could always try ccr nuneaton they do 200 cell racecats that dont throw the light up

The Flying Moose
Sunday 21st November 2010, 10:37
i'm out today & don't think there open anyway mate, i'm on nights next week but finish thursday but got a nice long weekend next week. We can put them stickers on the new T-5R for you lol. Idle valve is still in the garage somewhere so sort it out for you

Well unfortunately I cant really drive her today anyway, she has no tax so just printed new certificate to do it tomorrow at the post office.

Not sure stickers have even arrived yet... dont know if they will be going on this im planning to keep the exterior and interior looking standard.

p fandango
Sunday 21st November 2010, 10:38
you could always try ccr nuneaton they do 200 cell racecats that dont throw the light up
used them a few times as well, very good but tend to be dearer than Powerflow

smithy
Sunday 21st November 2010, 11:21
i found them to be about the same but i always get a good deal due to me and them doing lawgar kungfu years ago lol

Flatout Phil
Sunday 21st November 2010, 12:17
When you said you had had your "suitcase" removed, I was all set to send you some get well soon chocolates...:eye-poppi

LiamT4
Sunday 21st November 2010, 13:26
I bet your car sounds nice now mate, a very well spent £50 I think, must be due a trip to Duanes again soon lol its been over a week! Ill have to nip over and see you.

Its definatly worth £50. Come over when yours cars all sorted, it'll be good to see it in the metal.

P.S don't forget the rip kit;)

Oh and frank, if you can live with the emissions light on, i think removing the cat and the suitcase would give you a performance gain. The silencer is pretty big and heavy, so must have a few baffles in it and the cat, especially ours because they are quite large must be restricting the exhaust gases a lot. 10bhp maybe.

The Flying Moose
Sunday 21st November 2010, 16:54
Its definatly worth £50. Come over when yours cars all sorted, it'll be good to see it in the metal.

P.S don't forget the rip kit;)

Oh and frank, if you can live with the emissions light on, i think removing the cat and the suitcase would give you a performance gain. The silencer is pretty big and heavy, so must have a few baffles in it and the cat, especially ours because they are quite large must be restricting the exhaust gases a lot. 10bhp maybe.

Liam I need to get the RIP kit off very soon, mine will be taxed and ready to roll tomorrow.

I need the standard throttle body to idle control valve pipe off yours if thats ok as mine is torn at a joint so no good.

I can nip over and fit it (ill bring duane if he is not busy!) and you can pay as and when you have the money if you like mate. Needs doing before tuesday night though.

I have to nip over to northampton to pfs to get some turbo return pipe gaskets and seal as I need them asap so could de-tour to you.

Let me know mate.

T5frankie
Sunday 21st November 2010, 16:59
Liam I need to get the RIP kit off very soon, mine will be taxed and ready to roll tomorrow.

I need the standard throttle body to idle control valve pipe off yours if thats ok as mine is torn at a joint so no good.

I can nip over and fit it (ill bring duane if he is not busy!) and you can pay as and when you have the money if you like mate. Needs doing before tuesday night though.

I have to nip over to northampton to pfs to get some turbo return pipe gaskets and seal as I need them asap so could de-tour to you.

Let me know mate.

you get around mate dont you, pfv isnt in northampton its in wellingborough,

The Flying Moose
Sunday 21st November 2010, 17:02
you get around mate dont you, pfv isnt in northampton its in wellingborough,

I do try! Anything to help ;)

Its in Northants though isnt it!

T5frankie
Sunday 21st November 2010, 17:36
I do try! Anything to help ;)

Its in Northants though isnt it!

yes mate you will have to drive past my house on the way,.........eeerr unless you are coming from the north you going via peterborough?

The Flying Moose
Sunday 21st November 2010, 19:31
yes mate you will have to drive past my house on the way,.........eeerr unless you are coming from the north you going via peterborough?

Yeah mate past peterborough its a dog leg to the west for me!

T5frankie
Sunday 21st November 2010, 20:00
Yeah mate past peterborough its a dog leg to the west for me!

or stamford-corby-kettering-wellingborough, its at the top end of wellingborough so that is probably your best bet mate

Quicksilver
Friday 10th December 2010, 20:04
Sounds good, I've got a rattle from my suitcase and was thinking of a S/hand exhuast (xmas/no money) so this sounds like a great alternative, just a few questions.

I take it you've still got the small box before the tailpipe?, did they put any hanger brackets on?, is it welded in or clamped?, sorry but this has got me thinking!!.

Cheers

LiamT4
Friday 10th December 2010, 20:21
Sounds good, I've got a rattle from my suitcase and was thinking of a S/hand exhuast (xmas/no money) so this sounds like a great alternative, just a few questions.

I take it you've still got the small box before the tailpipe?, did they put any hanger brackets on?, is it welded in or clamped?, sorry but this has got me thinking!!.

Cheers

Still got the small box, i'll have to check to be 100% sure about the brackets but think they put one on. It is welded on, but as it is supposed to be a short term thing (about a year), untill i get a complete exhaust system, i wasn't fussed.