PDA

View Full Version : V70 (87) bonnet release problem help needed

mas
Friday 19th November 2010, 12:32
LO all, I bought Mrs Mas some Osram Silver Star as one of the headlight bulbs on the T5 had gone. Opened the bonnet fine the other day to check the bulbs.

When I went to put them in today, I pulled the release lever which appears to work as it pops the bonnet up very slightly to get your fingers under.

However the bonnet seems to be locked to the car on the front nearside by the headlight I.E it seems released one side and not the other.

Latest update :) , now opened the bonnet and found it is actually a cable to each side , so the question is can you adjust them rather than replace them.

Cheers

Mas

SAMXPJ
Sunday 21st November 2010, 21:00
You need a cable shortener, which provides a small kink in the cable, looks like a tiny U bolt with two nuts to tighten. Pretty sure there is no provision for adjustment by Volvo. By the way you must be the only guy to own a 1987 V70!

The Flying Moose
Sunday 21st November 2010, 21:06
You can also adjust the whole assembly to which the bonet locks into. I had the same on my 2.5 V70 and found that if you cant open it jam a think pen etc under near where the catch is then operate the release lever and it should click open.