PDA

View Full Version : 280 310 remap

si850r
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 20:49
What do the numbers stand for on these remaps???

Cheers Si:hail:

T5frankie
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 21:07
the claimed bhp figures 280 for 95 petrol and 310 for 98 petrol the figures are just guides as you wont get anywhere near those figures with any remap

volvolised
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 21:11
i thought it was if you had just the standard map (280)or the map with an air filter + 2.5 cat back 304....".was once upon a time" ..... ooh that made me sound like a storyteller,(tuner) lol....

T5frankie
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 21:56
i thought it was if you had just the standard map (280)or the map with an air filter + 2.5 cat back 304....".was once upon a time" ..... ooh that made me sound like a storyteller,(tuner) lol....

nope my story is true, what is a standard map?

volvolised
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 22:12
The "Story" remark is not aimed at you......originaly the standard remap was a rica 280...if you added a itg filter and a 2.5" miltek catback ( bloody excellent exhaust) you were then supposed to be on a 304 map...this was about 5 years ago so maybe nowaday's these higher octane super fuels petrol can give an extra 30 bhp according to map..:insane:

stephenevans99
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 22:12
I don't think they related to bhp figures, they were just RICA 'map' numbers. I think !!??

volvolised
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 22:21
I don't think they related to bhp figures, they were just RICA 'map' numbers. I think !!??

we'll never know !!!..but it defo isn't the bhp figure ....umless dyno adjusted lol....

S70T5Chris
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 22:30

I was around really early on with this whole RICA thing, as was Warren, and a handfull of people still on this forum...

Back when the RICA remaps originally came out(!), power was exactly what the numbers referred to. 280bhp, 304bhp, 310bhp, 340bhp, etc.. RICA even had graphs to show that your car would be 310bhp from a remap!!! LOL!!

The original HLM RR only gave WHP figures, and a remapped car would normally kick out 240whp ish. Then Adam & Hamish would tell you that you lose 20% through tramission losses so you are getting the full 310bhp!

I remember being there when a C70 was dyno'd at 250whp, and they told him he had 320bhp! LMAO!

Now it's all been found out to be ££££££, the numbers quoted are all of a sudden just 'rica reference' numbers, not quoted power figures, as they once were

RICA are a terrible company in every way.

stephenevans99
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 22:33
Cheers Chris......I was both right and very wrong !

S70T5Chris
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 22:36
Cheers Chris......I was both right and very wrong !

LOL, Yeah!!

p fandango
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 22:45
The original HLM RR only gave WHP figures, and a remapped car would normally kick out 240whp ish. Then Adam & Hamish would tell you that you lose 20% through tramission losses so you are getting the full 310bhp!
20% of 240 is 48bhp, making it 288bhp. Imagine if they'd calculated the transmission loses at over 50%, it'd be a RICA 360
http://s3.tinypic.com/nbxmxg_th.jpg

volvolised
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 22:51
dont forget drag lol......

hamish
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 23:01
What do the numbers stand for on these remaps???

Cheers Si:hail:

Hi,

Originally they were Rica's claimed power figures. Now they are just used as a tongue very firmly in cheek part no.

Take a trip down the Bromsgrove Highway and come and see us.

Regards,
Hamish.

volvolised
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 23:06
[QUOTE=S70T5Chris;344995]I was around really early on with this whole RICA thing, as was Warren, and a handfull of people still on this forum...

LOL, yeah your the fecker that started the great posts about vt (now pseudo HLM) and RT's that made me use them both.....dont call me , dont write.....if you need to contact me do it via our now preferred mechanic...Mr Williams...:finger:...

volvolised
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 23:08
Hi,

Originally they were Rica's claimed power figures. Now they are just used as a tongue very firmly in cheek part no.

Regards,
Hamish.

pmsl The Bromsgrove highway.........Bromsgrove Bye way lol....

S70T5Chris
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 07:20
Hi,

Regards,
Hamish.

Isn't that what I said?

S70T5Chris
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 07:29
20% of 240 is 48bhp, making it 288bhp. Imagine if they'd calculated the transmission loses at over 50%, it'd be a RICA 360
http://s3.tinypic.com/nbxmxg_th.jpg

I was waiting for that :wave23d:

By the way, just for your future reference, your calculations are backwards. It would be a 20% loss from the flywheel power. 20% of 310bhp is 62. Meaning if you had a 20% transmission loss you'd end up with 248whp. You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you?!

y2blade
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 07:59

By the way, just for your future reference, your calculations are backwards. It would be a 20% loss from the flywheel power. 20% of 310bhp is 62. Meaning if you had a 20% transmission loss you'd end up with 248whp. You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you?!

I shouldn't laugh but that is hilarious :D thanks Chris, you have made my morning a bit brighter

p fandango
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 16:14

well corrected sir i was wrong on that, still a bit off 50% tho isn't it

BruceT
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 16:48
[QUOTE=S70T5Chris;344995]I was around really early on with this whole RICA thing, as was Warren, and a handfull of people still on this forum...

LOL, yeah your the fecker that started the great posts about vt (now pseudo HLM) and RT's that made me use them both.....dont call me , dont write.....if you need to contact me do it via our now preferred mechanic...Mr Williams...:finger:...

Is he not the mechanic who fitted my nearside front suspension spring up side down? Then said it was it because the manufacturers writing was printed on the spring wrongly despite being a progessivly wound springs so the coils would of been closer together at one end anyway?

S70T5Chris
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 17:16
well corrected sir i was wrong on that, still a bit off 50% tho isn't it

Who said anything about 50%? And what's that got to do with the OP's question?

S70T5Chris
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 17:18
5 guests watching the thread!!! How many of them are mods!?! LOL!

Don't worry, I'll be good. Probably.

p fandango
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 17:40
Who said anything about 50%? And what's that got to do with the OP's question?
your original post implies the 20% loses is purely made up by HLM/VT to get upto the quoted figure, yet here LINK (http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31163&) your very own car has a "measured" transmission loss of 55.2%. It may not be directly answering the OP's question, just correcting a reply

5 guests watching the thread!!! How many of them are mods!?! LOL!
we do actually get more than 5 people on this forum :B_thumb:

S70T5Chris
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 17:52
your original post implies the 20% loses is purely made up by HLM/VT to get upto the quoted figure, yet here LINK (http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31163&) your very own car has a "measured" transmission loss of 55.2%. It may not be directly answering the OP's question, just correcting a reply

we do actually get more than 5 people on this forum :B_thumb:

You're really not that switched on are you!! LOL!

YOUR CALCULATIONS ARE NOT CORRECT. YOU TAKE THE PERCENTAGE AWAY FROM THE FLYWHEEL POWER. YOU REALLY ARE STRUGGLING WITH THIS AREN'T YOU?! :slap:

In reference to the link you provided to my graph there was a tranmission loss of around 30%, not 50% with your flawed mathmatics. :rolleyes:

The twin roller setup on the Maha dyno always produces a far lower WHP rating than a single roller dyno, such as HLM's current RR and the RR they had before that one. I suspect Hamish carefully selected his dyno, based on showing a higher WHP figure than other dynos on the market.

Now if you don't have anything constructive to add, other than trying to have a dig at me, which you have failed at miserably due to your lack of intelligence, I suggest finding another topic to troll on. :wave23d:

The Flying Moose
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 17:58
Calm down fellas! Jesus we are getting into another bitching battle again.... :(

LiamT4
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 18:01

YOUR CALCULATIONS ARE NOT CORRECT. YOU TAKE THE PERCENTAGE AWAY FROM THE FLYWHEEL POWER. YOU REALLY ARE STRUGGLING WITH THIS AREN'T YOU?! :slap:

In reference to the link you provided to my graph there was a tranmission loss of around 30%, not 50% with your flawed mathmatics. :rolleyes:

The twin roller setup on the Maha dyno always produces a far lower WHP rating than a single roller dyno, such as HLM's current RR and the RR they had before that one. I suspect Hamish carefully selected his dyno, based on showing a higher WHP figure than other dynos on the market.

Now if you don't have anything constructive to add, other than trying to have a dig at me, which you have failed at miserably due to your lack of intelligence, I suggest finding another topic to troll on. :wave23d:

Although your loss isn't 50% its still over 30 and by the looks of it some are getting worse.
I'm sorry but getting over 30% losses is, to be honest, ludicrous.
I'v only been to a few dyno days, but have never seen losses that high, be it twin or single rollers.

BTW, sorry for butting in, but i had to comment on those losses.

si850r
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 18:07
my god........a simple question has sparked a few rattled feathers .....

p fandango
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 18:11
correct again, give yourself 10points. With my old calculations (the wrong way lol) now binned you get 32% transmission loses

I'm sure your right, Hamish must of gone all out of his way to get these certain dyno's, especially when he could quite easily rig the figures by calibrating it wrong (like any dyno can) but that would of been too easy

p fandango
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 18:12
Calm down fellas! Jesus we are getting into another bitching battle again.... :(
i'm off to play COD & get an early night anyway now mate

LiamT4
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 18:19
my god........a simple question has sparked a few rattled feathers .....

Some questions that can cause arguments.
Panel filter or cone?
Which re-map is best?
Best brake upgrade?
How much power do you have?
and anything to do with dynos.

T5frankie
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 18:21

How can you slate Hamish's Dyno in overreading bhp readings when at the RR day last month most of us were disappointed at our lower than expected results especially me

p fandango
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 18:23
How can you slate Hamish's Dyno in overreading bhp readings when at the RR day last month most of us were disappointed at our lower than expected results especially me
never let facts get in the way of a good story ;)

S70T5Chris
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 18:31

LOL. You guys are funny at times.

si850r
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 18:33
Some questions that can cause arguments.
Panel filter or cone?
Which re-map is best?
Best brake upgrade?
How much power do you have?
and anything to do with dynos.

if thats the case just call me instigator ...cause i think ive posted questions about them all:B_program

Jamest5r
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 18:38
if thats the case just call me instigator ...cause i think ive posted questions about them all:B_program

So have a 100 other people mate that's why the above is getting a bit boring to be honest, but if they could step it up another level and get really abusive i might be bothered to keep reading lol.

S70T5Chris
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 18:43
So have a 100 other people mate that's why the above is getting a bit boring to be honest, but if they could step it up another level and get really abusive i might be bothered to keep reading lol.

Thats can be arranged, but i'm not sure how many warnings I have left? :saint:

Jamest5r
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 18:50
Thats can be arranged, but i'm not sure how many warnings I have left? :saint:

Better check mate don't what you getting banned, could be a long boring winter and anyway we need you to show at the 1/4miles next year cant wait for you vs p.diddy.

S70T5Chris
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 19:12
Better check mate don't what you getting banned, could be a long boring winter and anyway we need you to show at the 1/4miles next year cant wait for you vs p.diddy.

lol

volvolised
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 21:23
[quote=volvolised;345020]

Is he not the mechanic who fitted my nearside front suspension spring up side down? Then said it was it because the manufacturers writing was printed on the spring wrongly despite being a progessivly wound springs so the coils would of been closer together at one end anyway?

Bet he offered to sort it straight away if that was the case..anyways which side of the WAS is your IT going on....???????

t5 pete
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 21:36
[quote=BruceT;345090]

Bet he offered to sort it straight away if that was the case..anyways which side of the WAS is your IT going on....???????

Very true it all depends on how people sort things out and it obviously shows every one can get things wrong even when it comes down to simple things.
Also its rather sad and a very cheep shot knocking some one for a wording mistake, why not just keep on the subject.

BruceT
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 21:41
[quote=BruceT;345090]

The nearside front spring was fitted upside down.

I was told this happened because the nearside front spring had the manufacturers stamp the wrong way up.

The thing is, the Lesjefors -40mm sport springs are progressively wound so the coils would of been wound closer at one end, making it clear which which end was the top.

p fandango
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 21:48

I was told this happened because the nearside front spring had the manufacturers stamp the wrong way up.
even tonyT5 realised the writing was printed wrong when it came to lowering there C70

S70T5Chris
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 22:03

The thing is, the Lesjefors -40mm sport springs are progressively wound so the coils would of been wound closer at one end, making it clear which which end was the top.

Oi, Muppet....

The fronts are NOT progressively wound.

Thank you.

volvolised
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 22:06
[quote=volvolised;345239]

Very true it all depends on how people sort things out and it obviously shows every one can get things wrong even when it comes down to simple things.
Also its rather sad and a very cheep shot knocking some one for a wording mistake, why not just keep on the subject.

I think my cheap shot was actualy, his post orientated....

volvolised
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 22:08
hi chris how you doing mate...did you watch the match...

S70T5Chris
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 22:14
hi chris how you doing mate...did you watch the match...

na don't do football init.

How's the R?

volvolised
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 22:18
na don't do football init.

How's the R?

still going and yours ??

S70T5Chris
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 22:27
still going and yours ??

Very well thanks mate, considering the massive transmission losses I'm suffering.

Did you pick up the Maserati the week end?

BruceT
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 22:30
Oi, Muppet....

The fronts are NOT progressively wound.

Thank you.

Hold on,

This is taken from the Lesjofors FAQ Automtive website.

To summarise, the spring IS COILED DIFFERENTLY top to bottom. However, the spring rate is linear not progressive.

So, there IS still a difference top and bottom when not compressed and a little when compressed.

8. Are the Lesjöfors sport springs progressive?
Answer: Many of the sport springs are progressively coiled in one end, but this is only done to give the spring additional coil material needed to keep the spring in place when the car is lifted and the wheels are hanging free. When the car is put down again, these coils are compressed and the spring’s area of operation is all linear. The sport spring is therefore not progressive.

volvolised
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 22:31
Very well thanks mate, considering the massive transmission losses I'm suffering.

Did you pick up the Maserati the week end?

no' i got there with the reddies and it was a bloody corgi car.....

volvolised
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 22:36
Hold on,

To summarise, the spring IS COILED DIFFERENTLY top to bottom. However, the spring rate is linear not progressive.

So, there IS still a difference top and bottom when not compressed and a little when compressed.

Answer: Many of the sport springs are progressively coiled in one end, but this is only done to give the spring additional coil material needed to keep the spring in place when the car is lifted and the wheels are hanging free. When the car is put down again, these coils are compressed and the spring’s area of operation is all linear. The sport spring is therefore not progressive.

well that answers that.........

S70T5Chris
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 22:36
Hold on,

I should add...

I forgot to say that the message was from one of your friends that is no longer a member here.

There was another part to the message, but it was a slightly offensive, and I wouldn't want to waste one of my warning at this time :ices_rofl

Now, do you mind? You're interrupting mine and Warrens conversation... :rolleyes:

S70T5Chris
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 22:37
no' i got there with the reddies and it was a bloody corgi car.....

Ebayers :rolleyes:

volvolised
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 22:39
Ebayers :rolleyes:

yep..b'strds...

volvolised
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 22:40
your at the top gear track soon aren't you...??

S70T5Chris
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 22:40
yep..b'strds...

init tho!

Larger?

S70T5Chris
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 22:41
your at the top gear track soon aren't you...??

Indeed I am, 4th December.

volvolised
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 22:43
Indeed I am, 4th December.

do post a time ....bet ol james may has a better time than you in a seat cupra ..lol

S70T5Chris
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 22:45
do post a time ....bet ol vbh has a better time than you in a seat cupra ..lol

I'd have a better time in a Seat Cupra with VBH! :banana:

BruceT
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 22:51
I should add...

I forgot to say that the message was from one of your friends that is no longer a member here.

There was another part to the message, but it was a slightly offensive, and I wouldn't want to waste one of my warning at this time :ices_rofl

Now, do you mind? You're interrupting mine and Warrens conversation... :rolleyes:

I don't mind one bit, you carry on your small talk.

The point is, Tim Williams still fitted the front nearside spring upside down (which is progressivly coiled) and had to send a friend round to attempt to resolve it.

Pretty poor job from a man who prides himself on working on (many) Volvos from home In his garage.

volvolised
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 22:54
she'd beat you.....oh yes he say's lol

volvolised
Wednesday 17th November 2010, 23:03
I don't mind one bit, you carry on your small talk.

The point is, Tim Williams still fitted the front nearside spring upside down (which is progressivly coiled) and had to send a friend round to attempt to resolve it.

Pretty poor job from a man who prides himself on working on (many) Volvos from home In his garage.

Hey bruce, did tims friend resolve it then...p.s what did you think of tonights football...

y2blade
Thursday 18th November 2010, 08:00
aye up warren....football was **** wasn't it

same old England :rolleyes:

BruceT
Thursday 18th November 2010, 08:01
Hey bruce, did tims friend resolve it then...p.s what did you think of tonights football...

'Tims friend' did not intially resolve the problem, despite a few attempts.

What he did suceed in was, banging my entire front left suspension leg on the ground horiztonally onto my garages concrete floor, marking the new coil spring and by doing so removing the black protective coating on there to prevent corrosion! To attempt to 'un bow' the spring. Not to mention, the Koni Yellow Shock, which is top adjustable, by a small metal tab which is flimsy at the best of times. But this didnt bother 'Tims friend' as he had the suspension leg upside down, resting on this small metal tab, which also ended up scratched and mangled.

After these 'attempts' I took my car to the custom exhaust place (Infinity Exhausts, Yate who fitted my Cat-back) to check for a rear nearside rattle. It was not the exhaust!

The rear end rattle, 'Tims Friend' checked all my wheel bolts where tight and at one point, got me to drive around while he hung out of my front passenger side window!

No fix to these rattles after Tim Williams fitted my brand new suspension shocks, springs, rubber top mounts (Front & Rear) and front bearing plates. (Plus a lower trans tie-bar and aux belt)

So, after this. I had a 'proper' look myself rather then been a spectator!

I took some pictures of the coils front left and right and studied these as best as I could. From what I could see, the coils where indeed coiled differently at the bottom of the koni yellow shock from the front left and front right. From this, I concluded myself, the spring HAS to be upside down. I was 90% sure it was this.

I txt or pm'd 'Tims friend' and said what I thought. He agreed to try and met him at a friends house (Poss inlaws?) He removed the leg for the 3-4th time and compressed the spring, top nut off, swapped spring. It instantly sat better, wasnt bowed and sat in the cups spot on.

Front sorted.

The rear, I happend to discover, again while actually trying to fix Tim Williams errors myself, rather then letting 'Tims friend' have free reign so to speak.

I hit my rear nearside wheel and I could hear the rattle. I repeated till I could isolate said noise. It was the rear nearside spring. Now, the only thing that could of been was the rear lower spring cup/mount nut was not tight. I got my tools and duly tighened this bolt a good few turns! Noise stopped. Tim said this must of un-tightened itself?!?!?! Or maybe it was never done up correctly?

Now, untill this point I havent really mentioned much of this, but since we are in a 'name and shame society' I thought id have my 'go'. These events are true to the best of my knowledge, but alas, this was over a year ago!

I will await the 'usual suspects' to mock my spelling/grammar and try and pick fault with my statement, saying its un-true, I lied, yada yada. You can ask my WIFE, and my friend who was kept informed, Not to mention Infinity Exhaust, Yate. My inlaws father, who was a Vauxhall Mechanic/Tecnical Engineer, who is also aware of the goings on and errors made.

Mods, I do apologise, this IS in the wrong thread. Feel free to cut and chop posts into its own thread, ala T5T5 stylee lol.

PPS. Im also STILL banned from T5D5. Despite several emails to the Admins, Funny that? So called freedom of speech forum? I get a HLM ECU upgrade and mention the 'god like' Tim Williams doing something wrong and im the most hated man!

Funny old world .

GazT4R
Thursday 18th November 2010, 15:44
Alas it was over a year ago but Bruce still drags it up and drags me into it this time by slagging me off.
Some people must have such boring lives :ashamed:.

Let me first introduce myself.

I'm 'Tims Friend' and was also Bruce's until he showed himself up to be an ungrateful, two faced, lying turd.

I have always stayed neutral in Bruce's little tyraids against Tim however since he is now slagging me off and enveloping ficticious lines into the 'truth', obviously because of his poor memory since it was 'over a year ago' but he still has to drag it up (again), I feel I must now comment and set a few things straight.

Tim did not ask me to go around to look at Bruce's suspension. Bruce was in contact with Tim and I. Tim was going to make the trip down to look at the problem and I volunteered to go around and have a look for him rather than him make the trip and to help both him and Bruce out. What else is a forum for but to help one another out.

I examined the strut and I compressed his spring since looking at it it appeared to not be seated correctly at the top. I refitted it but it still bowed towards the inner arch. Removed again and did some head scratching but to no avail.

Yes I rested the strut on it's top end so we could look at the problem on top of a blanket or something else (I can't recall exactly but it wasn't straight onto the floor), Bruce never mentioned any damage at the time (no surprise there since he must be bored today hence starting to slag me off as well as Tim), however if some was caused I apologise profusely and unreservedly.

As for the damage to the spring this was caused when I dropped it on it's side and apologised at the time for the accident, the small amount of plastic removed would have caused no significant loss in life expentancy of the spring which would far outlast the car. Accidents do happen unfortunately.
Recompressed the spring and placed it in the seat again but with the same issue. At this point I did not have further time to devote to so refitted the unit and left it as it was.

It was over discussion via PM that the thought that the spring may be mounted upside down, I had had the same problem with my T4 springs, although I cannot recall who suggested it, possibly Bruce or possibly me. It's not really that important.

As for coming to my mother in laws to sort the problem that's another bit of fiction on his part. Bruce did come to my mother in laws for me to adjust the actuator on his car and to listen to the afforementioned noise at the rear. I would not work on suspension parts on my mother in laws driveway since it slopes away at the bottom, not exactly safe and ideal.

I made another trip to Bruce's to turn the spring over, duly did so and the problem was sorted.

As for the rear of the car I cannot comment on Bruce fixing it.
I gave up a fair few hours of my time working on Bruce's car and fuel travelling over to see him to help him out as a fellow forum member and 'friend' since he was forever going on about selling the car as he could afford to run it etc etc.

He has said on the thread on T5D5 that he offered to pay me for my time, another load of ficticious tosh if you read the paragraph above, he never even offered me a cup of tea let alone money and no I wouldn't have accepted if he had. I offered to help out someone as I have done for other members and other members have done for me.

So in short.

Tim fitted the spring incorrectly. The spring on the drivers side had the writing the right way, nothing like consistency from the manufacturer to help you. A geniune mistake that I am not surprised about considering the previous sentence, iirc. Tim was fitting it on a morning he was due to do something else with his family to help Bruce out and charged him very little considering the work involved.
Tim offered to travel down to sort it but I said I would have a look to save him the trip and also help Bruce.
I helped Bruce over several trips and a fair few hours of my time with this and other problems, even had him come to the mother in laws whilst my wife and I were visiting her to help him out.
I did drop the strut and apologised for it.
I do not recall damaging the adjuster however if I did then I have now apologised on here.
Given the 'damage caused', which happened on the first trip, Bruce was still very happy for me to come around, removed the strut and sort it and to help him on other occasions with other problems.
May I suggest that anyone that helps Bruce out be aware that they will be slagged off a year down the line with a bunch of fiction half woven in with the truth. No wonder his Vauxhall Mechanic/Technical Engineer wouldn't help him, perhaps he already knew what he was like.

Anyway Bruce the next time you want to slag me off I suggest you come around and do it to my face, I still live at the same address, or alternatively, since by the looks of it your still at the same house, I am quite happy to come around on my way home from work for you to do so to my face rather than via your keyboard.

Yosser
Thursday 18th November 2010, 16:14
I get a HLM ECU upgrade and mention the 'god like' Tim Williams doing something wrong and im the most hated man!

Funny old world .

Quite.

Let me tell you that I had an HLM ecu on my V70 and was quite happy to tell anyone, and to post my own dyno graphs.

Let me also say that Tim is human, not 'god like' in any way. He recently failed to solve some issues with my S70R and he has (and is still) going above and beyond in order to help me out - and I'm grateful that he has such an outstanding attitude regarding correcting things that don't go according to plan.

Neither of these things have caused me to become a 'hated man' at all.

I can't really remember what all went wrong with 'your thread' on t5d5, but saying that you were cast out simply because of these issues is (in my opinion) a gross oversimplification or misinterpretation.

wegal
Thursday 18th November 2010, 16:18
HAHA and there in lies a warning to all would be keyboard warriors.... beware the guy who knows where you live !

And I like Hamish and Tim...... does that make me weird ?

LiamT4
Thursday 18th November 2010, 16:29
HAHA and there in lies a warning to all would be keyboard warriors.... beware the guy who knows where you live !

Maybe! lol
Any good news regarding those thieving pikey *****?

t5_monkey
Thursday 18th November 2010, 16:35

A lot of people are hard until it becomes apparent the other person knows where they live :)

Forums are funny that way...

GazT4R
Thursday 18th November 2010, 16:37

I would like to itterate that that is by no means a threat in any way, shape or form. Those who know me will know I am far above that kind of crap.

There are always those that swing both ways :rotfl:.

wegal
Thursday 18th November 2010, 16:57
Maybe! lol
Any good news regarding those thieving pikey *****?

Only in as much as the insurance looks like they will pay and that the thieving gimps aint been back yet ! ( touch wood)

wegal
Thursday 18th November 2010, 16:57
I would like to itterate that that is by no means a threat in any way, shape or form. Those who know me will know I am far above that kind of crap.

There are always those that swing both ways :rotfl:.

Im never above such things lol......

p fandango
Thursday 18th November 2010, 17:00
Alas it was over a year ago but Bruce still drags it up and drags me into it this time by slagging me off.
a whole years, seems like a lifetime doesn't it lol. How long ago was the HLM issue? (still gets brought up often tho doesn't it)

i don't think Bruce's intention was to slag you off or he would of named you, i can imagine how you feel tho after reading that once you'd spent so much time trying to resolve the mistakes

GazT4R
Thursday 18th November 2010, 17:10
a whole years, seems like a lifetime doesn't it lol. How long ago was the HLM issue? (still gets brought up often tho doesn't it)

That's hilarious tbh.

I mean trying to compare a total engine failure due to poor tuning with no customer support after the customer spent thousands to an incorrectly fitted spring in which the person who fitted it in the first place for very little was prepared to travel down off his own back and money and sort the problem is laughable. In the event I saved him the trouble but then he was still prepared to do so unlike the aforementioned person who had thousands spent with him.

What a joke.

GazT4R
Thursday 18th November 2010, 17:14
i don't think Bruce's intention was to slag you off

You must be the only one then.

p fandango
Thursday 18th November 2010, 17:17
That's hilarious tbh.

I mean trying to compare a total engine failure due to poor tuning with no customer support after the customer spent thousands to an incorrectly fitted spring in which the person who fitted it in the first place for very little was prepared to travel down off his own back and money and sort the problem is laughable. In the event I saved him the trouble but then he was still prepared to do so unlike the aforementioned person who had thousands spent with him.

What a joke.
so you don't think incorrectly fitted suspension might of been possibly dangerous? Hope your not involved in H&S lol

BruceT
Thursday 18th November 2010, 17:37
Firsly, Hello Gary, as Perdro mention. I refered to you as 'Tims Friend' to avoid you getting dragged into.

I have read my post back and it does come across as I was slating you for the way you handled my cars suspension spring/damper. I did not mention this at the time but it was going through my head at the time when you did it. Apologies.

I have nothing against you Gary, accept my aplogies if what I have read came off as agressive or to slate you. I understand you had to manage your time due to the wedding and your own job.

But, one thing I must say, you deffinatly did swap the spring round on that wonky drive because you drove your S60R there and I followed in my 850 I met your inlaws briefly and believe your now wife was round to have something done to her dress and your father in law(?) came out to see what we was doing. It was time when you tweaked the actuator though. But its not worth squablying about?

What is a little frustrating (Admittidly, a spring fitted upside does not compare to a engine failire) that T5D5 crew ALWAYS pop up in remap threads or HLM.

My down side is, I thought why should I sit hear and let people bad mouth HLM? I have had no isses with Hamish or his company.

So I butted in (wrongly?) with my 2 pence worth that even Tim can make mistakes.

Tbh, I wouldnt want to meet you, or certain T5D5 members as they appear agressive online and im sure they dont particulary like me for my actions.

Maybe its best we just call it quits? I stay on Voc.VPCUK and we go our seperate ways.

In the end, my problem got resolved so maybe im just been an idiot?

Apolgies to all anyway. :(

GazT4R
Thursday 18th November 2010, 17:40
so you don't think incorrectly fitted suspension might of been possibly dangerous? Hope your not involved in H&S lol

Why are you? or in engineering/suspension that would make you an expert?

Do you have basis for whether the fitting of the spring would be dangerous since it is a linear rate spring albeit progressively wound so either way up would produce the same spring rate, hence the linear. It had moved around the cup but was still within it so their was no chance of it coming completely out and as for it rubbing on the inner arch slightly given the tensile strength of the steel used in the spring and that of the arch I am willing to bet the arch would wear away first but that would take tens of thousands of miles.

Hope your not involved in anything to do with customer service since you can't keep your eye on the ball for five seconds. Your comparison with HLM is implicite with things going wrong and the action taken by those involved not the fact that something went wrong in the first place.

p fandango
Thursday 18th November 2010, 17:59
Why are you? or in engineering/suspension that would make you an expert?

Do you have basis for whether the fitting of the spring would be dangerous since it is a linear rate spring albeit progressively wound so either way up would produce the same spring rate, hence the linear. It had moved around the cup but was still within it so their was no chance of it coming completely out and as for it rubbing on the inner arch slightly given the tensile strength of the steel used in the spring and that of the arch I am willing to bet the arch would wear away first but that would take tens of thousands of miles.

Hope your not involved in anything to do with customer service since you can't keep your eye on the ball for five seconds. Your comparison with HLM is implicite with things going wrong and the action taken by those involved not the fact that something went wrong in the first place.
i do have quite a bit to do with H&S thanks. I've also seen springs go into tyres because they weren't seated right. Because the spring rate is unaffected by the springs fitting direction wasn't the issue, being seated so badly the spring was "bowed" & you having just admitted it
It had moved around the cup meaning the the spring could of rotated round & possibly come in contact with the tyre instead of the wheel arch is a bit more of a problem when driving at speed

GazT4R
Thursday 18th November 2010, 18:12
Firsly, Hello Gary, as Perdro mention. I refered to you as 'Tims Friend' to avoid you getting dragged into.

I have read my post back and it does come across as I was slating you for the way you handled my cars suspension spring/damper. I did not mention this at the time but it was going through my head at the time when you did it. Apologies.

I have nothing against you Gary, accept my aplogies if what I have read came off as agressive or to slate you. I understand you had to manage your time due to the wedding and your own job.

But, one thing I must say, you deffinatly did swap the spring round on that wonky drive because you drove your S60R there and I followed in my 850 I met your inlaws briefly and believe your now wife was round to have something done to her dress and your father in law(?) came out to see what we was doing. It was time when you tweaked the actuator though. But its not worth squablying about?

What is a little frustrating (Admittidly, a spring fitted upside does not compare to a engine failire) that T5D5 crew ALWAYS pop up in remap threads or HLM.

My down side is, I thought why should I sit hear and let people bad mouth HLM? I have had no isses with Hamish or his company.

So I butted in (wrongly?) with my 2 pence worth that even Tim can make mistakes.

Tbh, I wouldnt want to meet you, or certain T5D5 members as they appear agressive online and im sure they dont particulary like me for my actions.

Maybe its best we just call it quits? I stay on Voc.VPCUK and we go our seperate ways.

In the end, my problem got resolved so maybe im just been an idiot?

Apolgies to all anyway. :(

I have always remained neutral when you have spoke about Tim and when you put your map up from HLM I commented that it all looked fine.

When you bring me into one of your Tim attacks as 'Tim's Friend' or whatever you use to describe me then I will not sit idly by whilst you sully my name and my help that was given for nothing.

Wherever I changed the spring over I spent too much of my time on your car.

I wouldn't want to meet you either but as for me being aggressive :lmfao:. Honestly, that is bloody hilarious, I nearly spat my tea out.

As for call it quits, it was never started in the first place you just bought me into a thread and I replied.

I think its more to do with the way you tried to compare rather than the pointing out that everyone can make mistakes, it's all about tact and as your post including me earlier shows you can be a little lacking.

Yes your problem was resolved, at no cost to yourself unlike other peoples which cost them thousands which I believe is the key difference between the two.
Anyway this is all money for old hat and I've got better things to do.

BruceT
Thursday 18th November 2010, 18:20
I have images of the incorrectly fitted spring for those interested.

In hindsight, I'd say Gary was a great help. But the point remains my car still left Tims house in a poor (un road worthy?) state. When I took it to him on my return journey he couldn't spot or fix the issue.

GazT4R
Thursday 18th November 2010, 18:36
i do have quite a bit to do with H&S thanks. I've also seen springs go into tyres because they weren't seated right. Because the spring rate is unaffected by the springs fitting direction wasn't the issue, being seated so badly the spring was "bowed" & you having just admitted it meaning the the spring could of rotated round & possibly come in contact with the tyre instead of the wheel arch is a bit more of a problem when driving at speed

Well congratulations to you.
I've seen cars career off the track due to failed engines.

No that is incorrect. I stated that the spring HAD rotated round slightly, around an inch on the top cup, but it was still well within the cup itself. It would have great difficulty coming into contact with the tyre given that it is inside the tower and was still seated within the cup albeit an inch back from the end of the cup finish and was seated at the bottom. Yes it was bowed slightly and rubbed on the inner arch at certain points of travel, again nothing that would cause me concern otherwise I would have told Bruce not to drive it. It was bowed on the inside with no possibility of the spring rotating anymore to come in contact with the tyre/wheel or any other part of the vehicle. Whether you or I believe it safe or unsafe really isn't the point of the matter is it and I can't be bothered to argue with a Health and Safety numptie over the point.

Again I reitterate the point since you being off on the H+S tangent for some reason which has nothing to do with what you originally posted about HLM. You obviously didn't get it the first time round, I really do find it tiresome repeating myself though so I will do it once more just for your benefit.
You commented on the comparison between HLM and that it was bought up over and over. The reason for this is the aftercare NOT the incident itself. On both accounts a mistake or catalogue of mistakes were made, this is not the important bit though, but only on one account was the mistake rectified afterwards at no cost to the owner of the vehicle. Whilst you can argue that it was I that helped rectify the problem not the original person who worked on the car that was done of my own free will and the person who originally did the work WAS prepared to come down and sort the problem himself. In the other case the person was told to F**K OFF. Spot the difference yet?

Anyway I've better things to do with my time.
Have fun.

leet5r
Thursday 18th November 2010, 19:03
what remap you goin to get si then lol

p fandango
Thursday 18th November 2010, 19:05
No that is incorrect. I stated that the spring HAD rotated round slightly, around an inch on the top cup, but it was still well within the cup itself. It would have great difficulty coming into contact with the tyre given that it is inside the tower and was still seated within the cup albeit an inch back from the end of the cup finish and was seated at the bottom. Yes it was bowed slightly and rubbed on the inner arch at certain points of travel, again nothing that would cause me concern otherwise I would have told Bruce not to drive it. It was bowed on the inside with no possibility of the spring rotating anymore to come in contact with the tyre/wheel or any other part of the vehicle. Whether you or I believe it safe or unsafe really isn't the point of the matter is it and I can't be bothered to argue with a Health and Safety numptie over the point.
it doesn't need to of come off the cup, which is why i didn't mention it. You said the spring had already rotated an inch, so what was to stop it rotating any more & then said bow rubbing on the tyre instead of the inner arch?

Again I reitterate the point since you being off on the H+S tangent for some reason which has nothing to do with what you originally posted about HLM. You obviously didn't get it the first time round, I really do find it tiresome repeating myself though so I will do it once more just for your benefit.
You commented on the comparison between HLM and that it was bought up over and over. The reason for this is the aftercare NOT the incident itself. On both accounts a mistake or catalogue of mistakes were made, this is not the important bit though, but only on one account was the mistake rectified afterwards at no cost to the owner of the vehicle. Whilst you can argue that it was I that helped rectify the problem not the original person who worked on the car that was done of my own free will and the person who originally did the work WAS prepared to come down and sort the problem himself. In the other case the person was told to F**K OFF. Spot the difference yet?
please atleast come back & tell me your trying to wind me up by saying you can't see the link between H&S & wrongly fitted suspension? But what you are saying is Tim can keep sending cars out in dangerous conditions, but as long as the mistakes get corrected its alright (& never to be mentioned again)

p fandango
Thursday 18th November 2010, 19:07
what remap you goin to get si then lol
did this thread start off about remaps? lol

sorry for the thread going slightly off topic

leet5r
Thursday 18th November 2010, 19:11
little bit m8 , a text the lad and give him a little bit advise the other day

p fandango
Thursday 18th November 2010, 19:18
text the lad and give him a little bit advise the other day
told him to MBC it lol

BruceT
Thursday 18th November 2010, 19:23
I think it's time I posted my own thread about this as it's unfair to hi jack this anymore T5D5 esque.

I can do that at the weekend or when I have some free time to post up the poor workman ship I personally received from said Trader.

Duane, I'll speak to you and a few other concerned individuals about this, along with images!

leet5r
Thursday 18th November 2010, 19:24
nor , just told him ther was good and bad , have a look on t5d5 aswell, told him to get a go in a remapped car also

BruceT
Thursday 18th November 2010, 19:25
told him to MBC it lol

Come on Duane, Gotta be MTE map since they are so much better lmao.

p fandango
Thursday 18th November 2010, 19:31
pmsl 10 points for getting it back on topic, but lets not carry on any more (we'll have spat dummies everywhere lol)

volvolised
Thursday 18th November 2010, 21:22
i think it's time i posted my own thread about this as it's unfair to hi jack this anymore t5d5 esque.

I can do that at the weekend or when i have some free time to post up the poor workman ship i personally received from said trader.

Duane, i'll speak to you and a few other concerned individuals about this, along with images!

you so need help bruce.....!!!

volvolised
Thursday 18th November 2010, 21:25

And i've had three variants of a rica map and then the mte was/is so much better...thats from my personal experience..not just from read posts..

BruceT
Thursday 18th November 2010, 21:30

Yes, I must need help because something bad happened to me and I will voice what happened?

p fandango
Thursday 18th November 2010, 21:33
totally agree, if the only free time he's got is the weekends then he really is doing too much at work. Think you need a secretary or something Bruce lol

volvolised
Thursday 18th November 2010, 21:35
Yes, I am a dumb ass and need help

:confused:

BruceT
Thursday 18th November 2010, 21:40
totally agree, if the only free time he's got is the weekends then he really is doing too much at work. Think you need a secretary or something Bruce lol

I dunno, with work, helping the wife the new business set up, tinkering with our new P2 V70 I don't have too much time on my hands!

I'll find time to post it from my pc rather than iPhone as it's tiresome to type long posts

si850r
Thursday 18th November 2010, 21:56
so.................i think i will get it done at hlm after all..........

volvolised
Thursday 18th November 2010, 22:17
so.................i think i will get it done at hlm after all..........

Si however the banter goes it does come down to your choice... ..enjoy..

Justin
Friday 19th November 2010, 00:03
Funny as this is. They dont like it up em captain mainwaring!

p fandango
Friday 19th November 2010, 06:07
They dont like it up em captain mainwaring!
i think you'll find they do like it over there lol

BruceT
Friday 19th November 2010, 08:10
While Chris can post about his bad experience with a tuner, over 5 years ago, he had a failed engine. The engine failure occured DUE to a error.

My spring was fitted in ERROR.

What would of happened, IF the spring had moved and burst my tyre on the motorway at 70mph, my wife and dog in tow if I wasnt able to save the car from the swerve/pulling and or hit other vehicles?

Does tim has public liability for injury occured at his 'premises' or work carried out? is his work gauranteed? I did not sign a disclaimer about once I left there no cover or warranties. Nor did I get a receipt for work carried out.

Who would I have gone to for potentionally

1. Damaged, probably written of motor vehicle?
2. Possible 2x Personal Injury Claims?
3. A canine injured, or possibly killed?
4. Third parties involved?
5. Damaged to Highway Property?

I work in claims in insurance, and they would be interested in my incident descprition of my tyre bursting at speed. Do you know why Sir? Well. I have new suspension fitted about earlier todayr?

Ok sir, will instruct an independant engineer.

They inspect vehicle and WILL be able to detect a poor fitted spring which would of left tell tail signs.

While, this didnt happen. The error which occured DID happen which could led to said events.

I certainly wouldnt of let my insurane pay out without mentioning the springs fitted by a individual who did not test drive the vehicle more than 5 metres to check for errors.

So lets get this right.

an error occured, which could of led to potential disaster.

Id like to know if Tim has insurance to cover this, not now, but Easter 2009?

BruceT
Friday 19th November 2010, 08:14
The more T5D5 members give me grief and call me names and insult me, the further I will take this as im not happy for name calling, been called a liar and personal attacks I recieved on their website.

If it continues then I WILL take it further and seek advice.

The mininum I will do is post this all over the Volvo world to be aware of Him as he does make mistake which could lead to disaster so just be careful with who you choose. He may be able to do jobs cheap, but at what cost?

So, as some one once said 'Keep pushing'

Chopster
Friday 19th November 2010, 09:44
:crazy: get a life mate :remybussi

If you didn't spout crap then people wouldn't have a go at you :rolleyes:

BruceT
Friday 19th November 2010, 10:19
:crazy: get a life mate :remybussi

If you didn't spout crap then people wouldn't have a go at you :rolleyes:

I am not sprouting crap.

Tim fitted the spring wrong - Truth.

Ashok was pi$$ed because I did not follow through with the deal for him and MTE/Don to get the MTE Map fitted to my car. He treat this as if was the going to be something epic, which was weird.

PS. I notice the personal attacks are still happening on T5D5 and im still not allowed to post, despite 'Bruce's Thread' been re-opened.

For the record, Ben. That email was sent 2-3 months back, I believe in August when I was looking for a new 850 T5. Its not new, it just shows how the Mod/Admin sat on my email and did nothing with it for 2-3 months, then used it against me (What a suprise!) when it fitted.

y2blade
Friday 19th November 2010, 10:43
great thread Hijack

Jimmie
Friday 19th November 2010, 10:45
If you work in insurance as you claim you do you should know that it is up to the customer to ask to see the company’s liability insurance certificate if not on display before work commences.
It’s always the same you do a job as a favour or more cheaply and it often comes back and bites you in the bum.
I take it you have NEVER made any mistakes in your life; at least the person that made this one rectified it.
Will you be suing the supplier for selling something that was labelled wrong?.
I think its time you let go of this story and started going to a proper garage and pay lots of money for a probably inferior job
There is also no need to put this all over the internet as it is on there already.

BruceT
Friday 19th November 2010, 11:05
If you work in insurance as you claim you do you should know that it is up to the customer to ask to see the company’s liability insurance certificate if not on display before work commences.
It’s always the same you do a job as a favour or more cheaply and it often comes back and bites you in the bum.
I take it you have NEVER made any mistakes in your life; at least the person that made this one rectified it.
Will you be suing the supplier for selling something that was labelled wrong?.
I think its time you let go of this story and started going to a proper garage and pay lots of money for a probably inferior job
There is also no need to put this all over the internet as it is on there already.

As I claim to be in Insurance? I certainly do work in Insurance, no claims needed.

I do go to a proper garage for all my work I cannot do myself. Thanks for the advice as now I have a waiting room, Tea, Coffee, Food & Courtesy car should I need one. Labour is a good price too with a friendly service.

I wasnt saying WHO should ask to see the liability insurance, I was asking if he has any?

YOU think its time I let go of this story?

Ok sure, I shall let it go as you asked nicely.

Really? Are you for real?

Its upto me to take it as far as I desire to take it. Whether its rectified or not people need to know he does make mistakes and it was just luck of the draw it didnt go wrong and cause any actual damage.

Also, the way I was treat and the claims rubbished that Tim did do something wrong and as if I was lying about it all?

Why are T5D5 trying to cover up my claims and facts that he did work wrong?

The more im told not to post it and the more I get people from T5D5 coming here insulting, rubishing my claims & belittling me, the more I will post it and make it more public!

Why is it I am STILL getting personal attacks on their site and photos of myself posted on their site? Surely the American hosts would be interested in said activity?

Ask yourself why? Because I apparantly made up same fake claims he did work wrong, yet Gary came on here and confirmed it was all truth. So why did T5D5 member try and rubbish my claims and make it out appear ficticious?

GregE102
Friday 19th November 2010, 15:26
I am not sprouting crap.

Ashok was pi$$ed because I did not follow through with the deal for him and MTE/Don to get the MTE Map fitted to my car. He treat this as if was the going to be something epic, which was weird.

PS. I notice the personal attacks are still happening on T5D5 and im still not allowed to post, despite 'Bruce's Thread' been re-opened.

For the record, Ben. That email was sent 2-3 months back, I believe in August when I was looking for a new 850 T5. Its not new, it just shows how the Mod/Admin sat on my email and did nothing with it for 2-3 months, then used it against me (What a suprise!) when it fitted.

I am not sprouting crap.

Bruce

You seem to me a twisted chap?

I know Tim and Ashok quite well and class them both as friends not just fellow forum members.

For a start Yes Tim fitted a spring the wrong way round he has already admitted that! The writing was on up side down on just one of the springs.

And as for Ashok being upset, that you did not buy a MTE map? because it would (As you make it sound) not benefit him or Don, I am sure in due corse Ashok will explain fully about this!

Ashok is only ever interested in helping people/members like you where at the time, and mistaking Ashoks enthusiasm for tuning to be some thing else is your failing Bruce,
Ashok is a true Petrol head and tuning enthusiast as is Don and Tim!
All of them bent over backwards to help you prior to your spring disaster that ruined your life!
And Tim made every effort to help fix it as well.

Bruce Please why don't you just tell us all what you want from all this?
Money? Fame? Acknowledgement that you where stitched up and hung out to dry, left with your car at the side of the road not working because no one tried to fix a mistake?

And if it was such a worry to you! that driving your car was dangerous? why did you not just park your car up and call Tim and say" Tim I am so worried that my car is to dangerous to drive!" I can tell you now he would have driven to you the next morning and to correct it, because thats the type of guy he is!

As for Don! he is far from only interested in making money! he gives people maps to try free of charge, when he goes to meets he takes them with him for people to try out, anyone who has bought parts from him! will tell you he is not pushy in anyway about you having his tuning parts, nor dose he get upset if you don't, again the guy is nothing but helpful? In actual fact several customers have to chase Don to make payment for parts that they have already received and had fitted.

Bruce now you know why T5D5 was set up, it was to allow all members to have free speech and tell the truth.
No one is objecting to you telling the truth!

In light of this it is very un lightly that threatening one of T5D5's members with anything will stop other members posting what ever they like.

BruceT
Friday 19th November 2010, 15:37
Bruce

You seem to me a twisted chap?

I know Tim and Ashok quite well and class them both as friends not just fellow forum members.

For a start Yes Tim fitted a spring the wrong way round he has already admitted that! The writing was on up side down on just one of the springs.

And as for Ashok being upset, that you did not buy a MTE map? because it would (As you make it sound) not benefit him or Don, I am sure in due corse Ashok will explain fully about this!

Ashok is only ever interested in helping people/members like you where at the time, and mistaking Ashoks enthusiasm for tuning to be some thing else is your failing Bruce,
Ashok is a true Petrol head and tuning enthusiast as is Don and Tim!
All of them bent over backwards to help you prior to your spring disaster that ruined your life!
And Tim made every effort to help fix it as well.

Bruce Please why don't you just tell us all what you want from all this?
Money? Fame? Acknowledgement that you where stitched up and hung out to dry, left with your car at the side of the road not working because no one tried to fix a mistake?

And if it was such a worry to you! that driving your car was dangerous? why did you not just park your car up and call Tim and say" Tim I am so worried that my car is to dangerous to drive!" I can tell you now he would have driven to you the next morning and to correct it, because thats the type of guy he is!

As for Don! he is far from only interested in making money! he gives people maps to try free of charge, when he goes to meets he takes them with him for people to try out, anyone who has bought parts from him! will tell you he is not pushy in anyway about you having his tuning parts, nor dose he get upset if you don't, again the guy is nothing but helpful? In actual fact several customers have to chase Don to make payment for parts that they have already received and had fitted.

Bruce now you know why T5D5 was set up, it was to allow all members to have free speech and tell the truth.
No one is objecting to you telling the truth!

In light of this it is very un lightly that threatening one of T5D5's members with anything will stop other members posting what ever they like.

So why cannot I use T5D5 with my BruceT account?

Why am I banned/Restricted?

There no such thing of freedom of speech on T5D5. Not without backlash.

Are MRG Volvo happy to be linked with T5D5 knowing the way T5D5 Members treat each other? The way they act and condone themselfs towards other members?

Are Volvo Car Corp happy with above that a member of MRG staff are linked with this site which conducts itself how it does?

Are the US Hosts of T5D5 happy with the language and personal attacks carried out, with the foul language and hate on there?

The Moderation team who let the attacks continue and participate in mocking me, including posting pictures of myself found from digging around and googling my screen name?

Moderation I ask you?

Since you had your peice about Tim & Ashok, can I post a paragraph of the similar nature of how good HLM are?

What I want from this?

Why, are you thinking of some kind of deal?

What I want from this is for me to know, how and why are my reasons.

GregE102
Friday 19th November 2010, 15:45
I dunno, with work, helping the wife the new business set up, tinkering with our new P2 V70 I don't have too much time on my hands!

I'll find time to post it from my pc rather than iPhone as it's tiresome to type long posts

Bruce! Congratulations on setting up your new business with your wife!
A word of advise though from the wise!
Don't deal with people like your self!

GregE102
Friday 19th November 2010, 15:54

There no such thing of freedom of speech on T5D5. Not without backlash.

Are MRG Volvo happy to be linked with T5D5 knowing the way T5D5 Members treat each other? The way they act and condone themselfs towards other members?

Are Volvo Car Corp happy with above that a member of MRG staff are linked with this site which conducts itself how it does?

Are the US Hosts of T5D5 happy with the language and personal attacks carried out, with the foul language and hate on there?

The Moderation team who let the attacks continue and participate in mocking me, including posting pictures of myself found from digging around and googling my screen name?

Moderation I ask you?

Since you had your peice about Tim & Ashok, can I post a paragraph of the similar nature of how good HLM are?

What I want from this?

Why, are you thinking of some kind of deal?

What I want from this is for me to know, how and why are my reasons.

££££ me! LOL

If that was not a written and prepared response to the first letter that was posted on this thread in response to your constant drivel i don't know what is?
You have stuck it up in reply to my post!

And none of it really relates to anything I have just said! Where did i mention Legal? or MRG? or a Deal?

PSML the next time some one on here writes a response for you to post up (Pernando?) or who ever? make sure it makes sense next time lol

Now we will forget that one Bruce! and please respond to my post in a manner that makes sense as every one can now see that you just keep coming out with total ££££££££

That was funny!

S70T5Chris
Friday 19th November 2010, 16:28
Now we will forget that one Bruce! and please respond to my post in a manner that makes sense as every one can now see that you just keep coming out with total ££££££££

That's your first Warning Greg. Please stop using abusive language, it's not welcome here on VPCUK :wink:

T5frankie
Friday 19th November 2010, 16:31
booooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggg

T4_Al
Saturday 20th November 2010, 02:36
...To sum up what started as a rational thread, Lifes' too short.

(and indeed lifes' too short if you post on a volvo forum)

jardon
Saturday 20th November 2010, 13:30
Life is definitely too short to post on threads like this but as a sane person who has experienced help from Tim, Ashok, Don, MRG and HLM I think feel duty bound to say something.

I am nothing short of humbled by Tims generosity of spirit when it comes to advice and support when I ring/pm. I have total confidence in Tims approach and this is reinforced by hearing about your experience ie: he offered to fix your spring at no charge.

Ashok has never taken a bean from me for the selfless help he has provided over the last 2 years and is another pillar of our small community. Don has let me borrow and trial parts before parting with cash and again is quite happy to talk through my requirements at length - who wouldn't want that from a trader?

MRG service department are like no dealership I have ever experienced - they are not expensive, they do only the work that needs doing (and they do that to a very high standard) and that gains my trust.

HLM were my first contact in tuning - they mapped my car badly and then sold me parts that didn't resolve the issue. When I nervously mentioned it ran lean and was flat at the top end I was told (barked at) that it was fine and normal. I also got a surprisingly irrelevant and sweary account of what had happened with Chris's car!? The only positive I can take from my HLM experience was that I quickly looked elsewhere for help and found T5D5. I realised what a donkey I had been taken for when I had the car successfully remapped by MTE.

Bruce, I doubt you will read my comments and think "hmm, maybe I'm wrong" but from somebody who has "seen the light" I think your comments about the above individuals are fundamentally misguided. Being banned from T5D5 is not denying freedom of speech - we all read both forums and you are clearly saying whatever you like in the public domain here. You posted your T5D5 login details publicly and have given up the right to any support there - and it was honest, open and experienced support of a kind that I could not do without.

T4_Al
Saturday 20th November 2010, 21:25
Its fair enough people have loyalty and want to defend others but really a forum is for healthy discussion, not bullying, sly comments, arrogance and nearly all other negativity which gets displayed on some threads posted.

This whole Chuck Norris keyboard commando act is wearing thin. Its rife on this forum and 2 other volvo forums which I wont speak of, and its always the usual suspects.

As my mother once said, if you havent got anything constructive to say then shut the hell up - I think if this policy was adopted then everyone would get along just fine and the trouble makers would end up clearing off and posting on one of the other forums.

Better still, if you have a problem with someone why not have the balls to say it to thier face instead of hiding behind a monitor. Wait a minute, I guess shouting from behind a monitor means that you dont get the c**p kicked out of you.

What most of us have in common is we like our volvos and want to help eachother out by getting the most out of them. Dishonest, lying, ripoff merchants need not to be discussed here (weather there are any or not)

T5frankie
Saturday 20th November 2010, 21:29
Its fair enough people have loyalty and want to defend others but really a forum is for healthy discussion, not bullying, sly comments, arrogance and nearly all other negativity which gets displayed on some threads posted.

This whole Chuck Norris keyboard commando act is wearing thin. Its rife on this forum and 2 other volvo forums which I wont speak of, and its always the usual suspects.

As my mother once said, if you havent got anything constructive to say then shut the hell up - I think if this policy was adopted then everyone would get along just fine and the trouble makers would end up clearing off and posting on one of the other forums.

Better still, if you have a problem with someone why not have the balls to say it to thier face instead of hiding behind a monitor. Wait a minute, I guess shouting from behind a monitor means that you dont get the c**p kicked out of you.

What most of us have in common is we like our volvos and want to help eachother out by getting the most out of them. Dishonest, lying, ripoff merchants need not to be discussed here (weather there are any or not)

I think you will find this is the calmer forum, its the keyboard warriors who usuallly frequent the other forum that also argue on here.

Chopster
Saturday 20th November 2010, 22:33

Sorry I think you're wrong there Al,
I think the handy thing about forums is the fact that you 'can' discuss who gives you good or bad service... at the end of the day without this kind of feedback how would you know who you can trust?

EVERYBODY makes mistakes... it's how you deal with them is what matters :B_thumb:

T5frankie
Saturday 20th November 2010, 22:54
Sorry I think you're wrong there Al,
I think the handy thing about forums is the fact that you 'can' discuss who gives you good or bad service... at the end of the day without this kind of feedback how would you know who you can trust?

EVERYBODY makes mistakes... it's how you deal with them is what matters :B_thumb:

yes but people only remember the bad, thre could be 1 bad and a 100 good but the bad will always stick in your mind

volvolised
Saturday 20th November 2010, 23:00
I think you will find this is the calmer forum, its the keyboard warriors who usuallly frequent the other forum that also argue on here.

So how can this be the calmer forum if it's where we come over to argue...lol..

T5frankie
Saturday 20th November 2010, 23:06
So how can this be the calmer forum if it's where we come over to argue...lol..

wel if you know who you are then i don't need to tell you lol

Chopster
Saturday 20th November 2010, 23:12
yes but people only remember the bad, thre could be 1 bad and a 100 good but the bad will always stick in your mind

Totally agree mate but if that 1 in a 100 time you go out of your way to rectify what you've f*cked up on then I'd personally hold no grudge... on the other hand you try and fob me off then that's a different matter altogether... I'd be going out of my way to make sure EVERYBODY knows about it so that it can't happen to anybody else :buttkick:

volvolised
Saturday 20th November 2010, 23:27
wel if you know who you are then i don't need to tell you lol

Crikey leigh your so right...didn't see that one coming !!..............lol.

GregE102
Sunday 21st November 2010, 17:14

First off!

Sorry Leigh for keep posting on your thread,
If the mods here had any decency they would start a new tread and place all this content which is not about the original post some where else and leave your original thread as is! but they need to use some one to stir it up for them, plus bruce did say he was going to start a tread for all this? maybe they can start it for him?

I was enjoying reading your plans for tuning and had even offered advise on your rods thread, Also if you want a passenger ride in mine when its done so you can see how different tuned cars go then your welcome?

Al I thought you used to be a Mod? What kind of ranting drivel was that? I agree rouge traders do need to be aired to warn off other's And i do hope your not referring to Tim as one? Are you?
Now your old mate Stewart

<Edited by moderator - libelous comments removed>

Leigh if you want a go in my car just ask I will be more than happy to help

Greg

claymore
Sunday 21st November 2010, 17:24
First off!

Al I thought you used to be a Mod? What kind of ranting drivel was that? I agree rouge traders do need to be aired to warn off other's And i do hope your not referring to Tim as one? Are you?

Greg

Are you sure this post is directed at the right person? Doesnt sound like the Al I'v known for the past 10 years who happens to be an I.T technician.

T5frankie
Sunday 21st November 2010, 17:33
First off!

Sorry Leigh for keep posting on your thread,
If the mods here had any decency they would start a new tread and place all this content which is not about the original post some where else and leave your original thread as is! but they need to use some one to stir it up for them, plus bruce did say he was going to start a tread for all this? maybe they can start it for him?

I was enjoying reading your plans for tuning and had even offered advise on your rods thread, Also if you want a passenger ride in mine when its done so you can see how different tuned cars go then your welcome?

Leigh if you want a go in my car just ask I will be more than happy to help

Greg

err think you have the wrong bloke mate lol and my car is nutty enough

p fandango
Sunday 21st November 2010, 17:41

Al115 (http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/member.php?u=431) who i know used to be a customer of SW Autos is still a moderator (not T4_Al)
http://www.rolandchayer.com/TheVanKarenLife/style_emoticons/RolandChayer-Smileys/RolandChayerHomerDohSmiley.gif

GregE102
Sunday 21st November 2010, 17:47
Are you sure this post is directed at the right person? Doesnt sound like the Al I'v known for the past 10 years who happens to be an I.T technician.

I do believe your right! My apologise To Al I have got my wires well and truly melted there! Wrong person!

GregE102
Sunday 21st November 2010, 17:49
err think you have the wrong bloke mate lol and my car is nutty enough

Hmm who have i been chatting to about upgrades and stuff then? where you not on about getting a Garrett?

Sorry Orange car! and thats Dyslexia for you lol!

GregE102
Sunday 21st November 2010, 17:52
Al115 (http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/member.php?u=431) who i know used to be a customer of SW Autos is still a moderator (not T4_Al)
http://www.rolandchayer.com/TheVanKarenLife/style_emoticons/RolandChayer-Smileys/RolandChayerHomerDohSmiley.gif

Thanks for putting my wright on that on Fanando! you got something right there!

T5frankie
Sunday 21st November 2010, 18:10
Hmm who have i been chatting to about upgrades and stuff then? where you not on about getting a Garrett?

Sorry Orange car! and thats Dyslexia for you lol!

err yeah sorry, but not on this thread, you apologised for posting on my thread (this one) its not mine and my car is gold lol, you gonna be racing next year?

GregE102
Sunday 21st November 2010, 21:20
err yeah sorry, but not on this thread, you apologised for posting on my thread (this one) its not mine and my car is gold lol, you gonna be racing next year?

LOL leigh you got so many threads running its confusing the hell out of me! lol

Yes I will be doing a few track days next year, Only a few months ago I was at Snetterton as a Passenger in a V70 with a Garrett GT30 what great fun and it was drawing quite a bit of interest as well a guy in a track prepped M3 was having a hard time and was shocked at the pace of the V70

Do you do many track days?

LiamT4
Sunday 21st November 2010, 21:23

Yes I will be doing a few track days next year, Only a few months ago I was at Snetterton as a Passenger in a V70 with a Garrett GT30 what great fun and it was drawing quite a bit of interest as well a guy in a track prepped M3 was having a hard time and was shocked at the pace of the V70

Just so you know (as everyone is making this mistake) his name is frank, his username is his kids names together (i think).

I think as part of his sig he needs "by the way, my names frank"! lol

T5frankie
Sunday 21st November 2010, 22:12

as ive said many times mate it's frank (ongoing joke) doing any of our 1/4 mile events? sorry liam didnt read your post before i posted this

LiamT4
Sunday 21st November 2010, 22:18
as ive said many times mate it's frank (ongoing joke) doing any of our 1/4 mile events? sorry liam didnt read your post before i posted this

No problem leigh!

T5frankie
Sunday 21st November 2010, 22:19
No problem leigh!

yeah thanks MATE lol

LiamT4
Sunday 21st November 2010, 22:21
yeah thanks MATE lol

Sorry frank, but i just had to!

GregE102
Sunday 21st November 2010, 22:52

Hello Frank! Hmm Hmm! To be frank yes I will have a go at 1/4 at some point just to say i have done it! I am more interested in going to tracks and eventually the Ring!!!!!

Al115
Monday 22nd November 2010, 09:45
Crossed wires in a truly spectacular fashion...

Was there a point to this thread?

stephenevans99
Monday 22nd November 2010, 19:02

Just my 2p....There are always 3 sides to a story - their side, your side & the truth.

Bruce....Please don't take offense, but didn't you actually ASK for your account on the 'other' forum to be closed/canceled?

Posted 06 November 2009 - 15:18 Post12

I wont be posting on here anymore and would request my account to be banned (Dont give me 'Dont post etc')

I wont be viewing, tempted to post, I merely want my Username removing the forum as I no longer wish to be part ofor have account here.

Thank you, Goodbye.

I have never condoned malicious name calling and feel that many of the personal comments aimed at you were uncalled for, my advise for you is to forget about the 'other' forum - delete the shortcut from your favorites & get on in life.

You're more than welcome on VPCUK - but in the words of Cleese "Don't mention the war (or springs)" - too much !!

Steve

BruceT
Monday 22nd November 2010, 19:36
Just my 2p....There are always 3 sides to a story - their side, your side & the truth.

Bruce....Please don't take offense, but didn't you actually ASK for your account on the 'other' forum to be closed/canceled?

Posted 06 November 2009 - 15:18 Post12

I wont be posting on here anymore and would request my account to be banned (Dont give me 'Dont post etc')

I wont be viewing, tempted to post, I merely want my Username removing the forum as I no longer wish to be part ofor have account here.

Thank you, Goodbye.

I have never condoned malicious name calling and feel that many of the personal comments aimed at you were uncalled for, my advise for you is to forget about the 'other' forum - delete the shortcut from your favorites & get on in life.

You're more than welcome on VPCUK - but in the words of Cleese "Don't mention the war (or springs)" - too much !!

Steve

Hi Steve,

I don't think we have spoken before?

You are quite right, I did throw my toys out the pram on the 06 November 2009 - 15:18 and posted my log in details for T5D5.

I have however, asked 'Admin' on atleast 2 occasions for my BruceT to be allowed to the view forum, to no avail.

As for your advice to forget and move on, you are quite right, hence the lack of me posting in this thread.

Al115
Monday 22nd November 2010, 20:10
I've edited the thread to remove the libelous comments - Greg, please don't post unsubstantiated allegations about any businesses on here, and definitely don't come on the forum discussing drugs. Thank you.

RT MECHANICS
Monday 22nd November 2010, 20:38
I've edited the thread to remove the libelous comments - Greg, please don't post unsubstantiated allegations about any businesses on here, and definitely don't come on the forum discussing drugs. Thank you.

Thanks Al nice to see you have done something about it don't worry i have a copy when the time comes....

Loadsamiles
Monday 22nd November 2010, 23:10
Does tim has public liability for injury occured at his 'premises' or work carried out? is his work gauranteed? I did not sign a disclaimer about once I left there no cover or warranties. Nor did I get a receipt for work carried out.

Who would I have gone to for potentionally

1. Damaged, probably written of motor vehicle?
2. Possible 2x Personal Injury Claims?
3. A canine injured, or possibly killed?
4. Third parties involved?
5. Damaged to Highway Property?

I work in claims in insurance,

You are poorly informed for a person who works in insurance.

I personally have public liability insurance, and it won't cover a whole load of those scenarios.

That's why I am also required to carry Professional Indemnity Insurance.

I'm surprised that working in insurance you don't even know which type of policy covers which risk.

GregE102
Tuesday 23rd November 2010, 00:22
Thanks Al nice to see you have done something about it don't worry i have a copy when the time comes....

Russ

I don't care if you have got a copy signed by the Pope! And Are you threatening me or something?

And if you are? What has anything got to do with you? do you hold a personal grudge against me or something? If you do please tell me what it is?

I don't mind you saying what it is? I have nothing to hide!

I doubt you will say anything! you never do, because You lack the courage of your convictions Russ!

I will be calling you tomorrow to ask if you are threatening me Russ? and if so why?

BruceT
Tuesday 23rd November 2010, 03:07

I personally have public liability insurance, and it won't cover a whole load of those scenarios.

I'm surprised that working in insurance you don't even know which type of policy covers which risk.

What a blast from the past.

I work in Motor Insurance, I mentioned this as I see Independent Engineers instructed for iffy circumstances which fail a 'behind the scenes' score card which can lead to the claim being passed to Indemnity and or an Independant Motor Engineer to be instructed for more information.

hamish
Tuesday 23rd November 2010, 09:53
Russ

I don't care if you have got a copy signed by the Pope! And Are you threatening me or something?

And if you are? What has anything got to do with you? do you hold a personal grudge against me or something? If you do please tell me what it is?

I don't mind you saying what it is? I have nothing to hide!

I doubt you will say anything! you never do, because You lack the courage of your convictions Russ!

I will be calling you tomorrow to ask if you are threatening me Russ? and if so why?

I have read it all now.
Are you for real Greg ?

hamish
Tuesday 23rd November 2010, 10:08

Has Tim got any Insurance to cover him when/if it all goes wrong ?

GazT4R
Tuesday 23rd November 2010, 17:57

I think you'll find the keyboard warrior Bruce started an attack on me, under the guise of 'Tim's Friend' which he wasn't prepared to have face to face, and he only lives across town and knows where I live, so that makes both forums ;)

p fandango
Tuesday 23rd November 2010, 18:16
I think you'll find the keyboard warrior Bruce started an attack on me, under the guise of 'Tim's Friend' which he wasn't prepared to have face to face, and he only lives across town and knows where I live, so that makes both forums ;)
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/1/9/128760423762990646.jpg

Nathlm
Tuesday 23rd November 2010, 23:19

" 'Tims friend' did not intially resolve the problem, despite a few attempts.

What he did suceed in was, banging my entire front left suspension leg on the ground horiztonally onto my garages concrete floor, marking the new coil spring and by doing so removing the black protective coating on there to prevent corrosion! To attempt to 'un bow' the spring. "

Absolutely priceless.......trying to straighten sprung steel by hitting it:crazy: Is it on Youtube?

Redbrick
Wednesday 24th November 2010, 00:16
Absolutely priceless.......trying to straighten sprung steel by hitting it:crazy: Is it on Youtube?

No but this photo of your workmanship is on the VOC gallery from way back in 2004, it's had 3627 views.....

http://www.volvogallery.org.uk/showphoto.php?photo=1677&title=bent-wishbone&cat=3040

Remember the time when you fitted Powerflex bushes to my 850? You used your big vice to push the bush out and bent the **** out of the wishbone, then tried to bend it back failed and then fitted it anyway? Don't remember? Well I do.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...

Nathlm
Wednesday 24th November 2010, 08:54
No but this photo of your workmanship is on the VOC gallery from way back in 2004, it's had 3627 views.....

http://www.volvogallery.org.uk/showphoto.php?photo=1677&title=bent-wishbone&cat=3040

Remember the time when you fitted Powerflex bushes to my 850? You used your big vice to push the bush out and bent the **** out of the wishbone, then tried to bend it back failed and then fitted it anyway? Don't remember? Well I do.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...

Bullsh.. Andy that was back in 2004 and this is the first time you have mentioned it to me. If you were so unhappy and you thought it was our doing why did you bring 2 more cars to us for tuning, servicing and repairs. The "big Vice" you refer to is a floor press which as any good Engineer will tell you is the correct tool for pressing out bushes. Nice try Andy find somebody else to blame.

Turkish
Wednesday 24th November 2010, 13:14
WOW what a read, from HLM remaps, to Rica remaps, to MTE remaps, to Incorrectly fitted coil springs, to does he or does he not pay tax on his extra out of hours work and does he have Insurance to work on peoples cars, to a personal slagging match and threatening behavior, to 'Tim's friend', to bashing suspension coils on the floor and now we have bent wishbones...

What ever next?

Al115
Wednesday 24th November 2010, 13:43
Yep, it's almost "the thread to end all threads"...

GazT4R
Wednesday 24th November 2010, 13:53
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/1/9/128760423762990646.jpg

Coming from you thats priceless Pedro.

JelT5
Wednesday 24th November 2010, 13:56
LOL it all started with si850r's question about what do the numbers on these maps stand for.
Talk about an inflammatory question, perhaps the mods should consider a ban?

:help:

GazT4R
" 'Tims friend' did not intially resolve the problem, despite a few attempts.

What he did suceed in was, banging my entire front left suspension leg on the ground horiztonally onto my garages concrete floor, marking the new coil spring and by doing so removing the black protective coating on there to prevent corrosion! To attempt to 'un bow' the spring. "

Taken it straight from the HLM diagnosis and repair manual by the accounts of many customers.

p fandango
Coming from you thats priceless Pedro.
i can't take credit for it, i googled the pic & used the link provided. Thanks anyway tho

MIKESC70T5
Wednesday 24th November 2010, 14:43
The last few posts are priceless and brightened my day up no end lol.

MWT5
Wednesday 24th November 2010, 15:23
WOW what a read, from HLM remaps, to Rica remaps, to MTE remaps, to Incorrectly fitted coil springs, to does he or does he not pay tax on his extra out of hours work and does he have Insurance to work on peoples cars, to a personal slagging match and threatening behavior, to 'Tim's friend', to bashing suspension coils on the floor and now we have bent wishbones...

What ever next?

LOL this thread is turning into a soap opera.

GazT4R
Wednesday 24th November 2010, 15:28
i can't take credit for it, i googled the pic & used the link provided. Thanks anyway tho

A pleasure as always.

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 24th November 2010, 15:35
LOL this thread is turning into a soap opera.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek8Gex_NYwQ

Barnsley-Bill
Wednesday 24th November 2010, 20:31
Back on topic

this is what I thought of my PPC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFeGP81MD6k&feature=digest

Now with custom MTE Map at 1.7 bar and well happy with NO melted pistons.

Have a ride with a few cars with different maps and not just the ones that spin up at 2000 rpm ''Chav maps'' and I'm sure ypu will make the right choice.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 25th November 2010, 02:32
thought the PPC was just the delivery mechanism?

Chopster
Thursday 25th November 2010, 08:10
Wow this thread is pedantic... just to clarify the PPC is the delivery system for the BSR map :rolleyes:

Barnsley-Bill
Thursday 25th November 2010, 09:41
It is a delivery system' the same as the Ricca one's but this had a stage three sh*te map that they would do feck all about.

The ony good thing in it was a three quid SD card.

t5-lee
Thursday 25th November 2010, 15:56
Hi,

Regards,
Hamish.

bromsgrove highway lmao!! i thought that was the volvo grave yard ... drive in push home ....

anyone considering that remap save your cash and get the mte remap saves on buy a new engine after there remap cremates you engine

LiamT4
Thursday 25th November 2010, 16:18
Aaarghh, its all going to start again!!!! lol

The Flying Moose
Thursday 25th November 2010, 16:25
bromsgrove highway lmao!! i thought that was the volvo grave yard ... drive in push home ....

anyone considering that remap save your cash and get the mte remap saves on buy a new engine after there remap cremates you engine

Sorry mate but I think I speak for everyone bar a select few when I say "Shut up!". Its a sensitive topic that has been brought up time and time again and does not need to be repeated.

No offence meant to you in anyway.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 25th November 2010, 16:28
Aaarghh, its all going to start again!!!! lol
Oh no it's not

The Flying Moose
Thursday 25th November 2010, 16:29
Oh no it's not

Oh yes it is!

Panto time Dave :hidesbehi

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 25th November 2010, 16:42
It's behind you!

p fandango
Thursday 25th November 2010, 17:24
save your cash and get the mte remap
aren't there prices going up yet again?

t5-lee
Thursday 25th November 2010, 18:01
yes in the new year but when you look at it £600 remap or crap remap plus engine rebuild saves money in the long run

t5-lee
Thursday 25th November 2010, 18:02
the £600 is if you keep the soft loader

Turkish
Thursday 25th November 2010, 18:13
£600 Bloody heck, So that is for a generic remap, not custom as we all know custom work when he is ever in the U.K is extra on top, and you get to keep the delivery device, all be it one that does have additional advantages.

I could never bring myself to spend that amount on a generic remap, with no dyno time included and no technical tuning expert installing the map for you. I would be mad!

Turkish
Thursday 25th November 2010, 18:23
yes in the new year but when you look at it £600 remap or crap remap plus engine rebuild saves money in the long run

Read below what a £600 minimum custom MTE remap can do. Google MTE's work and you will find just as many problems as there has been with RICA or HLM. Part of tuning i'm afraid.

It seems the highest regarded Volvo software at the moment across the Swedish and US boards is the ATM tune, http://www.atechmotor.com/ but no doubt, they have probably 'ruined' a customers car too, that's tuning!

It has been said before the Volvo tuning market is TINY, so anything that goes wrong seems to hang around like a bad smell. To the OP, try and do as much of your own research, try and go out in cars that have been modified by said tuners, speak directly to the tuning houses that offer services for Volvo's and not just the ones banded about here, there are more out there. Cost is a big issue too, if you are happy spending £600 on a 2k car then so be it, but I am sure you can get a similar quality generic remap for £250 or under.

JelT5
Thursday 25th November 2010, 18:24
£600 Bloody heck, So that is for a generic remap, not custom as we all know custom work when he is ever in the U.K is extra on top, and you get to keep the delivery device, all be it one that does have additional advantages.

I could never bring myself to spend that amount on a generic remap, with no dyno time included and no technical tuning expert installing the map for you. I would be mad!

This is the reason I'll be going to Fasttech in Holland for my next custom map.
Not heard any tales of woe about them at all.

*re-opens can of worms*

:D

p fandango
Thursday 25th November 2010, 18:31
*re-opens can of worms*
thats can's been blown up with Dynamite, don't think it needs opening mate lol

JelT5
Thursday 25th November 2010, 18:48
thats can's been blown up with Dynamite, don't think it needs opening mate lol

lol I know mate, just thought I'd cast a bit of bait and see if there were any bites ;)
I'll probably just stick with a decent EBC instead :)

JelT5
Thursday 25th November 2010, 18:50
Read below what a £600 minimum custom MTE remap can do. Google MTE's work and you will find just as many problems as there has been with RICA or HLM. Part of tuning i'm afraid.

It seems the highest regarded Volvo software at the moment across the Swedish and US boards is the ATM tune, http://www.atechmotor.com/ but no doubt, they have probably 'ruined' a customers car too, that's tuning!

It has been said before the Volvo tuning market is TINY, so anything that goes wrong seems to hang around like a bad smell. To the OP, try and do as much of your own research, try and go out in cars that have been modified by said tuners, speak directly to the tuning houses that offer services for Volvo's and not just the ones banded about here, there are more out there. Cost is a big issue too, if you are happy spending £600 on a 2k car then so be it, but I am sure you can get a similar quality generic remap for £250 or under.

In complete agreement here mate. Good post.

p fandango
Thursday 25th November 2010, 19:02
lol I know mate, just thought I'd cast a bit of bait and see if there were any bites ;)
well if your only here to try & wind us up i think you belong elsewhere lol

I'll probably just stick with a decent EBC instead :)
what make EBC you getting? (sure i've heard some bad things about them lol)

t5-lee
Thursday 25th November 2010, 19:06

had 3 volvos 1 with rica good at low power 1 with mte good all rounder and one with hlm made it run very lean on high boost ... going to put another mte on my new v70

Al115
Thursday 25th November 2010, 19:14

Give us a break. I think the can can stay shut for a few days at least.

Turkish
Thursday 25th November 2010, 19:14
had 3 volvos 1 with rica good at low power 1 with mte good all rounder and one with hlm made it run very lean on high boost ... going to put another mte on my new v70

And that is your choice that everyone is entitled to make.

JelT5
Thursday 25th November 2010, 19:15
well if your only here to try & wind us up i think you belong elsewhere lol

Like the AMG forum perhaps? :D

what make EBC you getting? (sure i've heard some bad things about them lol)

Not sure mate, either Blitz or Apexi. Bit of a long way off at the moment though, funds are limited. Just trying to keep the dear old olive shed on the road in decent condition for now.

JelT5
Thursday 25th November 2010, 19:16
Give us a break. I think the can can stay shut for a few days at least.

Sorry Al, just couldn't resist. Welded the lid on now :)

The Flying Moose
Thursday 25th November 2010, 19:20
Sorry Al, just couldn't resist. Welded the lid on now :)

I hope your going to bloody well throw that far out to sea. Never want to see that can again!

JelT5
Thursday 25th November 2010, 19:22
I hope your going to bloody well throw that far out to see. Never want to see that can again!

Possibly, always handy to have a worm can nearby though ;)

si850r
Thursday 25th November 2010, 19:22
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek8Gex_NYwQ

absolutely piss**Ng my self with laughter.........

Mate this is far better than eastenders.........and it has no theme tune......

maybe the laurel and hardy one is more suitable.....
REally guys....i only asked a question....

JelT5
Thursday 25th November 2010, 19:27
absolutely piss**Ng my self with laughter.........

Mate this is far better than eastenders.........and it has no theme tune......

maybe the laurel and hardy one is more suitable.....
REally guys....i only asked a question....

I know, this happens every time someone asks that particular question :D

Anyway, apart from all the rubbish in this thread, I hope you've found some info that's of use and whatever map you get it will transform your car and bring a big grin factor with it.

si850r
Thursday 25th November 2010, 19:30
i think im still gonna go with hlm....the only concern is this running lean? Wouldnt the map sort that out?

Jamest5r
Thursday 25th November 2010, 19:43
i think im still gonna go with hlm....the only concern is this running lean? Wouldnt the map sort that out?

If you put a 16t on your car ask for a copy of the map from my car, no problems with that.

Note: im only commenting on this as the op asked, dont want any part of the soap opera

The Flying Moose
Thursday 25th November 2010, 19:43

Look mate I had a HLM 304 map on my car put in on the dyno day and it ran afr's on initial startup of 14 then dropped immediately to 11's so perfect mate.

Only need to worry about afr's if your going to be running an MBC at high boost.

Barnsley-Bill
Thursday 25th November 2010, 19:48

£600 minimum for a off the shelf map ?

I didnt pay that for my custom map and the cost of a day at Bruntingthorpe .

Turkish
Thursday 25th November 2010, 22:42

According to a member on here the price of a MTE generic remap from Kalmar Union with the Softloader product will be £600 soon.

Glad you did not pay that, as it is day light robbery!

p fandango
Thursday 25th November 2010, 23:09

£655 (£500 & £155 for the softloader LINK (http://forums.t5d5.org/topic/13683-mte-software/page__view__findpost__p__156605))

hamish
Friday 26th November 2010, 00:17

Hi Lee,

What is your real name ? Because I don't remember you, which is very odd as according to you I appear to have remapped 2 cars for you. You're not telling fibs are you ? Nice try grow up.

Regards,
Hamish.

Barnsley-Bill
Friday 26th November 2010, 05:46
£655 (£500 & £155 for the softloader LINK (http://forums.t5d5.org/topic/13683-mte-software/page__view__findpost__p__156605))

Like I said I didnt pay that price but at the end of the day you get what you pay for these days ;).

RobbieH
Friday 26th November 2010, 09:43
I've been been watching this whole thread from the sidelines and it has amused me no end :wave23d:

And that is your choice that everyone is entitled to make.

Agreed, when I decided to remap my D5 I took my time to read as much as possible on people's experiences up to that point in time. That research on VOC, VPC, T5D5 and a few other forums took me down the MTE road and I have no regrets. I have said this somewhere else but you do your research and make your choice. Like most of lifes decisions.

Anyway, I feel I must make comment here, not to defend any one remap but just to level the playing field so to speak.

According to a member on here the price of a MTE generic remap from Kalmar Union with the Softloader product will be £600 soon.

Glad you did not pay that, as it is day light robbery!

The link states the following two pieces of information:

"£435 including VAT plus refundable deposit for the loan of the softloader"
and
"However, with VAT going up and the poor showing of the pound against the Krona I would expect to see the price in all nearer to £500 in the New Year.

I would ask the question what is the comparable price of any other remap going to be post January when VAT goes up, what is the price of the equivalent "loader" used to put the map on (the softloader is a loanable tool against a refundable deposit remember*) and what could be the effect on the cost of other European remaps if the Euro goes down the pan (as is being rumored by the tabloids at the moment given the state of certain European states and the monetary fund)?

*- actually is there any other ramp that does have a loanable loader or do they all require a trip to an agent for the process?

I think I know most of the answers but it would be nice to see all the information in one place so that people can compare on an "apples with apples" basis (well at least as far as the prices and hardware go).

The current RICA site shows €581.25 EUR + VAT for cars over 3 years old for the V70 P2 EUIII D5 remap (that's £490 + VAT according to the exchange rates I can see at the moment) plus €100.00 EUR + VAT (£84) for the iSoftloader. A total of £574 +VAT.

That's a current total of £674 :shockedbi
That is on a like for like basis if you decided to buy the iSoftloader. So actually looking more expensive than MTE :confused:
And the petrol prices are the same for a similar stage of map.

turbo-tuner
Friday 26th November 2010, 09:51
The current RICA site shows €581.25 EUR + VAT for cars over 3 years old for the V70 P2 EUIII D5 remap (that's £490 + VAT according to the exchange rates I can see at the moment) plus €100.00 EUR + VAT (£84) for the iSoftloader. A total of £574 +VAT.

That's a current total of £674 :shockedbi

Robbie,

RICA have country specific price lists. For the UK you need to visit www.rica-uk.com to see prices in GBP, or simply select the correct country when viewing the web site.

The price for a Euro 3 D5 like yours is £440.63 inc VAT for the Stage 1 remap (198 hp / 435 Nm), and the iSoftloader is optional at £99.88 inc VAT.

http://www.rica-uk.com/viewcar.aspx?vehicle=1762

These country specific RICA prices do not fluctuate with the Euro exchange rate.

Turkish
Friday 26th November 2010, 11:10
The link states the following two pieces of information:

"£435 including VAT plus refundable deposit for the loan of the softloader"
and
"However, with VAT going up and the poor showing of the pound against the Krona I would expect to see the price in all nearer to £500 in the New Year.

Good post, Just to add, a remap is a piece of software and not a product, it has no import costs or delivery costs, so why does the price alter depending on the Euro or Krona, we are not talking about a physical product here. I do not think I have ever come across such nonsense in the software tuning world.

You set your price according to the U.K Market, it is after all for sale by it's distributor in the U.K to members of the U.K only.

turbo-tuner
Friday 26th November 2010, 11:43
Just to add, a remap is a piece of software and not a product, it has no import costs or delivery costs

There are always import costs associated with software, whether it's tuning software or normal computer software available as electronic downloads.

1. The software manufacturer sells to the distributor.
2. The distributor then resells to the end user.

Whether it's a service or a product being imported, there is always a cost associated with it. That's how manufacturers and service providers generate their profit.

RobbieH
Friday 26th November 2010, 11:55
So going off the declared prices (for the EUIII D5 as an example map) at the moment we have (in good ol' GBP or £):

Rica (MTE)
Base price map: 375.00 (370.21)
VAT (17.5%): 65.63 (64.79)
Total: 440.63 (435.00)

VAT (20%): 75.00 (74.04)
Total 450.00 (444.25)

"Softloader"
Base price: 85.00 (131.91)
VAT (17.5%): 14.88 (23.09)
Total: 99.88 (155.00)

VAT (20%): 17.00 (26.38)
Total: 102.00 (158.29)

So come Jan 2011, it'll be £552.00 for Rica and £602.54 for MTE. An 8% difference.
On that basis the use of the expression "daylight robbery" is a little uncalled for.

Good post, Just to add, a remap is a piece of software and not a product, it has no import costs or delivery costs, so why does the price alter depending on the Euro or Krona, we are not talking about a physical product here. I do not think I have ever come across such nonsense in the software tuning world.

You set your price according to the U.K Market, it is after all for sale by it's distributor in the U.K to members of the U.K only.

Nonsense in software world; well maybe not related to tuning, but have you checked the cost of downloadable PC software say in the US vs UK. Adobe is a prime example. Exchange rates are only only one of several arguments used in their "defence" of such pricing strategies.

Saying that, to an extent, I can understand why prices do vary with exchange rates. At the end of the day someone still has to do some work in the first place to design and test the (software) routines for the remapping and even ongoing in each case as, at least as far as my understanding goes, each map is specific to the car at the time the ECU is read so they are bespoke to a certain degree. Now that work is paid for in the local currency and if that is not is not at a 1:1 ratio with GBP then why should the price not vary to account for that? That's basic international economics. If you are saying that the price should not vary then that would seem to indicate that the local distibutor is making a very healthy profit to be able disregard such movements.

Edit: looks like Adam has beaten me to it.

Added edit: anyone know how to do tabulate numbers. Tabs and spacing don't seem to work so I had to put the MTE numbers in brackets to differeniate them from the Rica numbers. PM me if neccessary to stop this thread going off at yet another tangent :smile:.

Turkish
Friday 26th November 2010, 12:15
So going off the declared prices (for the EUIII D5 as an example map) at the moment we have (in good ol' GBP or £):

Rica (MTE)
Base price map: 375.00 (370.21)
VAT (17.5%): 65.63 (64.79)
Total: 440.63 (435.00)

VAT (20%): 75.00 (74.04)
Total 450.00 (444.25)

"Softloader"
Base price: 85.00 (131.91)
VAT (17.5%): 14.88 (23.09)
Total: 99.88 (155.00)

VAT (20%): 17.00 (26.38)
Total: 102.00 (158.29)

So come Jan 2011, it'll be £552.00 for Rica and £602.54 for MTE. An 8% difference.
On that basis the use of the expression "daylight robbery" is a little uncalled for.

Nonsense in software world; well maybe not related to tuning, but have you checked the cost of downloadable PC software say in the US vs UK. Adobe is a prime example. Exchange rates are only only one of several arguments used in their "defence" of such pricing strategies.

Saying that, to an extent, I can understand why prices do vary with exchange rates. At the end of the day someone still has to do some work in the first place to design and test the (software) routines for the remapping and even ongoing in each case as, at least as far as my understanding goes, each map is specific to the car at the time the ECU is read so they are bespoke to a certain degree. Now that work is paid for in the local currency and if that is not is not at a 1:1 ratio with GBP then why should the price not vary to account for that? That's basic international economics. If you are saying that the price should not vary then that would seem to indicate that the local distibutor is making a very healthy profit to be able disregard such movements.

BUT and a very big but, RICA has many agents in the U.K each one on my understanding, buys the map at a set price and sells on with some profit, so there are varying degrees of negotiating that can take place. MTE unfortunately have not got there U.K marketing correct and only have one outlet that we cannot even call a garage or tuning house. HLM, we know from various posts offer very fair prices in regards to the car's age and how long the map takes to develop etc.

Yes there are many generic maps, a car's ecu is read so the revised software can be changed and then reloaded. Have a look around at the BMW, VAG, Vauxhall and Ford tuning world, lots of generic maps, they work out cheaper for the purchaser as the development work has been completed many moons ago and the map has been tested over and over again.

p.s we are talking about tuning software and not PC software.

But it goes back to the age old saying and as you have done, do your own research and pick which is right for you.

hamish
Friday 26th November 2010, 15:50
BUT and a very big but, RICA has many agents in the U.K each one on my understanding, buys the map at a set price and sells on with some profit, so there are varying degrees of negotiating that can take place. MTE unfortunately have not got there U.K marketing correct and only have one outlet that we cannot even call a garage or tuning house. HLM, we know from various posts offer very fair prices in regards to the car's age and how long the map takes to develop etc.

Yes there are many generic maps, a car's ecu is read so the revised software can be changed and then reloaded. Have a look around at the BMW, VAG, Vauxhall and Ford tuning world, lots of generic maps, they work out cheaper for the purchaser as the development work has been completed many moons ago and the map has been tested over and over again.

p.s we are talking about tuning software and not PC software.

But it goes back to the age old saying and as you have done, do your own research and pick which is right for you.

Hi,

We have been the UK Distributors for Autotech Motorsport (Sweden) for nearly 2 years now and have very sensible pricing for our unrivalled ECM Upgrade on the E3 D5's and ME7 T5's at £350 including VAT. Within this price you also get a Before and After Dyno Run (where possible) and a Diagnostic Check. If you want our APC Unit (Handheld programme Carrier) which has many advantages over Softloaders is a further £235 inc.
So we are all about the same price is you are looking for a Tune with APC/Softloader.
But if you just want a really good Swedish Tune our Autotech Motorsport Software is by far the best value

Regards,
Hamish.

RT MECHANICS
Saturday 27th November 2010, 07:56

The OP its worth also sticking to forums like this one that are not biased towards one particular tuner or so called tuner.......

What ever you do make sure first of all the car is ready for an upgrade a so called stage 0 is a good place to start but a good check over by a proper business one with proper ramps and knowledge of these cars is a good start good luck..

Russ

S70T5Chris
Saturday 27th November 2010, 08:57
The OP its worth also sticking to forums like this one that are not biased towards one particular tuner or so called tuner.......

What ever you do make sure first of all the car is ready for an upgrade a so called stage 0 is a good place to start but a good check over by a proper business one with proper ramps and knowledge of these cars is a good start good luck..

Russ

You mean forums like this, that will blow smoke up your ass, tell you how wondeful you are, and has no members who knowledge far exceeds your own, and not give you any negative comments so you don't pack up your toys and leave? And forums that you think you have some say in because you pay to advertise there? :rolleyes:

'So Called Tuner' - You are obviously referring to Don @ Kalmar Union. Grow some balls and say what you mean Russ, rather than sly, snide comments, that you think are clever. I could go on for pages of how much of a decent bloke Don is, especially when compared to the likes of you.

'Proper Business With Proper Ramps blah blah' - Here you go again. Grow a set, and say what you mean Russ. You're clearly having a sly dig, once again, at my 'Chosen Mechanic' (IIRC that's how you referred to Tim Williams one of the last times we spoke). As above I could go on for hours about how much more of a genuine, helpful, selfless, knowledgable person Tim is. I used your services for a couple of years Russ, and believe me you are light years behind Tim when it comes to 'knowledge of these cars' as you say. If you would like me to illaberate I shall?

You really are quite pathetic at times.

Glad to see that things at RTMechanics are going well, and you've expanded your specialitie's into BMW's & Mini's (Thanks for the leaflet by the way). That seems like a sound business move. I suspect that generally speaking BMW drivers have more money to spend than lowley Volvo owners. Is the Volvo money drying up?

RobbieH
Saturday 27th November 2010, 09:46

Russ

Actually, I'm (not) sorry to say to say that this forum was one that was fairly decisive in my direction regarding my choice of remap.

Justin
Saturday 27th November 2010, 09:46
You mean forums like this, that will blow smoke up your ass, tell you how wondeful you are, and has no members who knowledge far exceeds your own, and not give you any negative comments so you don't pack up your toys and leave? :rolleyes:

It's forums like this Christopher, that have given you and many others of late a chance to express thier views openly and honestly without censorship. I have personally mediated for you to be able to do so as you may recall.
In the past this site was one sided like T5D5 has become. No more, sorry. Its open, fair and only the utter drivel that some of the people posted lately that had nothing to do with the thread was removed. Openly removed.
Most members here are to the point, recently someone was ripped apart for thier ebay advert when they came here trying to be clever, so all of that you just said, it total tosh mate.
Get off your high horse, go to VT, get it sorted then go play in your own yard, and dont come here and insult this site when the others NOW are far worse!

T5frankie
Saturday 27th November 2010, 09:50
is it my imagination but chris seems to be at the centre of every arguement on here?

S70T5Chris
Saturday 27th November 2010, 10:01
It's forums like this Christopher, that have given you and many others of late a chance to express thier views openly and honestly without censorship. I have personally mediated for you to be able to do so as you may recall.
In the past this site was one sided like T5D5 has become. No more, sorry. Its open, fair and only the utter drivel that some of the people posted lately that had nothing to do with the thread was removed. Openly removed.
Most members here are to the point, recently someone was ripped apart for thier ebay advert when they came here trying to be clever, so all of that you just said, it total tosh mate.
Get off your high horse, go to VT, get it sorted then go play in your own yard, and dont come here and insult this site when the others NOW are far worse!

That statement was not made to insult this forum. IMO it is how Russ see's this particular forum, and other forums he is a member of (of which there are many!). If it came across as a dig at VPC then I appologise that wasn't my intenetion in that post.

S70T5Chris
Saturday 27th November 2010, 10:09
is it my imagination but chris seems to be at the centre of every arguement on here?

How so? I was the first person to correclty answer the OP's original question in this thread. And from then on I've pretty much kept out of it (apart from Pedro trying to have a dig as usual), when I could have 'got involved', expecially with the BRUCET vs TIM thing.

I don't say things to please people. I don't say things becuase I think people will like it. I say what I think, and I mean what I say. If you don't like it, tough.

S70T5Chris
Saturday 27th November 2010, 10:11

What's Volvo Tuning got to do with my post directed to Russ?

Justin
Saturday 27th November 2010, 10:15
It was meant as, go and sort the issues that you have, with whomever. Like you said you say what you think. I respect that as i do. Reading it back again, it doesnt really fit, so apologies.

T5frankie
Saturday 27th November 2010, 10:23
How so? I was the first person to correclty answer the OP's original question in this thread. And from then on I've pretty much kept out of it (apart from Pedro trying to have a dig as usual), when I could have 'got involved', expecially with the BRUCET vs TIM thing.

I don't say things to please people. I don't say things becuase I think people will like it. I say what I think, and I mean what I say. If you don't like it, tough.

everytime there is an argument on here even if you had nothing to do with the OP you are guaranteed to be in it near the end voicing your opinions

S70T5Chris
Saturday 27th November 2010, 10:37
everytime there is an argument on here even if you had nothing to do with the OP you are guaranteed to be in it near the end voicing your opinions

Do you really want to do this?!

Justin
Saturday 27th November 2010, 10:41

No, lol. Can we agree the thread has served its best and close it now, any objections?

MIKESC70T5
Saturday 27th November 2010, 10:47

My view point. All the Volvo forums have there benefits and imo, t5d5 is mainly people with hands on experience and knowledge, VPC has lately just been people giving word of mouth advice. I've meet Chris numerous times and is a really helpful down to earth guy and would help anybody out. Imo he isn't causing arguments but just discussing things. He has used Russ and HLM in the past so speaks from experience and in his opinion there are better mechanics/tuners out there. isn't it better he says things rather than someone who has only ever used one tuner?

Mike

p fandango
Saturday 27th November 2010, 11:00
Can we agree the thread has served its best and close it now, any objections?
i was going to agree, & then it takes yet another sharp turn & carries on lol

p fandango
Saturday 27th November 2010, 11:06
My view point. All the Volvo forums have there benefits and imo, t5d5 is mainly people with hands on experience and knowledge, VPC has lately just been people giving word of mouth advice. He has used Russ and HLM in the past so speaks from experience and in his opinion there are better mechanics/tuners out there. isn't it better he says things rather than someone who has only ever used one tuner?
i think you'll find quite alot of people on here already use various tuners/specialist. Obviously word of mouth gets used on all forums. Theirs also quite a different array of modified cars done using different products, tuning routes etc & the information gets passed on when asked

Al115
Saturday 27th November 2010, 12:03
It's people who have experience of a variety of tuners who are best-placed to compare between them, IMHO. We're lucky as a community that there are people like that out there who choose to share their perspectives, no matter which Forum they prefer.

12 pages of thread and I agree with Justin, I think we're done here.

T5frankie
Saturday 27th November 2010, 13:07

do what chris? state the obvious that what everyone is thinking and don't come across threatening to me cos it wont wash pal

LiamT4
Saturday 27th November 2010, 13:16
Chris, you may know at lot about cars and you may be a decent bloke, but thats not how it comes across on here.
Whenever you have something to say, you always seem to put somebody else down at the same time.
I'v said it before that most of the time it seems like you are having a go at someone and looks like you are trying to cause an argument.
You have your own thoughts and experiences and by all means post them, as people want to know these things, just try to be a bit more tactfull with how you reply. Its very easy for things to get taken out of context, when they're just words typed on to a screen.

claymore
Saturday 27th November 2010, 13:21
I agree with Liam, it would also help your cause if you didnt go straight back to the t5d5 shoutbox telling everyone how you have put 'whoever' in there place.

S70T5Chris
Saturday 27th November 2010, 13:32
do what chris? state the obvious that what everyone is thinking and don't come across threatening to me cos it wont wash pal

You should have closed the thread earlier Justin/Al !!

How was I threatening? Justin took it in the context it was meant. If you want to read more into it that's your doing, not mine.

The argument that is building now is precisely what I wanted to avoid, by asking the question 'do you really want to do this?!'. I meant lets just leave it at that, but you're the one who had to continue...

Just because I replied to Russ, and his post was insulting to two good friends of mine, whether you can see that or not, you all jump on me and have a paddy!

S70T5Chris
Saturday 27th November 2010, 13:36
Chris, you may know at lot about cars and you may be a decent bloke, but thats not how it comes across on here.
Whenever you have something to say, you always seem to put somebody else down at the same time.
I'v said it before that most of the time it seems like you are having a go at someone and looks like you are trying to cause an argument.
You have your own thoughts and experiences and by all means post them, as people want to know these things, just try to be a bit more tactfull with how you reply. Its very easy for things to get taken out of context, when they're just words typed on to a screen.

Liam, I don't claim to know much about cars at all. All I can go on is what experiences I have had with my cars, and what I pick up from others who know far more than I ever will.

I don't try and cause arguments just for the sake of it. If I've got a point to make, then I'll make it. If that offends some people then so be it.

I agree that it's easy to take written words the wrong way, take Franks(?) post above as a prime example, that was totally off the mark.

Apologies if I've offended you, I don't have anything against you and can see why you feel the way you do about some of my posts.

S70T5Chris
Saturday 27th November 2010, 13:39
I agree with Liam, it would also help your cause if you didnt go straight back to the t5d5 shoutbox telling everyone how you have put 'whoever' in there place.

Help my cause? The shoutbox on T5D5 is used for general chit chat. If we discuss other forums (not just this one!), then so what? Just because people post links to threads on other forums that may be of interest to them, does that make it wrong?

claymore
Saturday 27th November 2010, 13:59
Help my cause? The shoutbox on T5D5 is used for general chit chat. If we discuss other forums (not just this one!), then so what? Just because people post links to threads on other forums that may be of interest to them, does that make it wrong?

I'm just saying, as Liam said, a "little more tact" a lot of people use both forums, I'm just playing devils advocate. if you want to make a valid point on here, i have no problem with a link being posted up, but you do tend to belittle the other forum members. which from my perspective seems like your just taking the p**s out of them

S70T5Chris
Saturday 27th November 2010, 14:03
I'm just saying, as Liam said, a "little more tact" a lot of people use both forums, I'm just playing devils advocate. if you want to make a valid point on here, i have no problem with a link being posted up, but you do tend to belittle the other forum members. which from my perspective seems like your just taking the p**s out of them

ok mate, point taken :smile:

Justin
Saturday 27th November 2010, 16:29
And i think that rounds it up.
Thanks for the input, some good and some bad.

Si, you pay your money and make your choice, but as stated do your homework. Maps are different from tuners, some aggressive and some more constant delivery of power, its your choice. I hope past issues havent detered you from looking at them all.

Thread closed :)