PDA

View Full Version : Oh dear what have I just done!

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 20:39
Well just had a massive impulse buy... spotted this on ebay and had to buy it

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Volvo-850-BTCC-Replica-Rally-Kit-Decals-Stickers-Rydell-/260687074937?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cb2291679

Do you think they would work on a grey 855? I think so but open to opinion, may have to buy a white one if not!

On a slightly lighter note I have also bought some white injectors, 16T and an R bumper.

Fitted the whites today and hopefully having a crack at the 16T tomorrow if I can get the heat shield off. Bumper is red at the moment but I primed it today and have paint mixed ready to spray it grey tomorrow.

Pictures to follow when its all finished :)

Jamest5r
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 20:45
Can understand the white injectors, 16T and an R bumper, not sure about the graphic's though.

Good luck with the turbo mate make sure you dont lose the copper washers.

SKIDMARKS
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 20:51
Tacky....if you know what I mean !

Volvostorm
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 20:56
Tacky....if you know what I mean !

What you mean me!!!!! :brokenhea

I've seen them for sale, would be interesting to see what they are like

BruceT
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 20:58
Where did you find the R bumper??

volvolised
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 21:04
Have you got the fogs for the bumper as i'm taking mine of my R and will include brackets etc if your interested i would like £80 + postage...

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 21:10
What you mean me!!!!! :brokenhea

I've seen them for sale, would be interesting to see what they are like

Its the first time I have seen a set come up for sale so had to buy a set. Just thinking of putting the Volvo 850 door decal on at the moment however I have seen a green one with a similar kit which looks good in my opinion.

Where did you find the R bumper??

A special place... lol it was found by a friend.

Have you got the fogs for the bumper as i'm taking mine of my R and will include brackets etc if your interested i would like £80 + postage...

Hi mate yes I have foglights they are identical to the standard fitment ones. Thanks anyway.

Volvostorm
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 21:14
Its the first time I have seen a set come up for sale so had to buy a set. Just thinking of putting the Volvo 850 door decal on at the moment however I have seen a green one with a similar kit which looks good in my opinion.

I know the place that did mine would charge a lot less than the kit, plus he has all that kit on records, he can redo any of mine if i damage them

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 21:18
Here are the pictures of the green 850 stickered up... what do people think?

http://i51.tinypic.com/8vxglf.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/2d2dlzc.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/2rvyeet.jpg

volvolised
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 21:26
In that pic yes looks cool, its looking like its on a track, on the road/everydayer i defo wouldn't...but if i saw you out i'd give a toot :smile:...tbh i think the sleeper image is much better,,,

SKIDMARKS
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 21:27
Err....brave then :B_blite:

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 21:32
In that pic yes looks cool, its looking like its on a track, on the road/everydayer i defo wouldn't...but if i saw you out i'd give a toot :smile:...tbh i think the sleeper image is much better,,,

Well I have done the dirty now as they say and bought them.

Will probably fit them see what they are like, wonder how many people will take the michael at work then change their mind after a quick spin!

I do like the sleeper image too. Perhaps I am going through some sort of chrisis!

PaulZX
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 21:38
vinyls are in next year, you're one step ahead of the pack... :D

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 21:40
I am sure it you'll be the talk of the town LOL

steve855
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 21:48
like to have a look next time your this way ,now sell me your seats LOL

Volvostorm
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 21:51
One draw back with mine be stickered, I can't go anywhere without being spotted!

Mine at Ford Fair this year, bumper has be repainted since

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v16/paulxr4x4/60b900c7.jpg

T5frankie
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 22:00
it will look good as long as you have 18's and coil-overs with the wheels tucked up into the arches like the touring cars did

t5 pete
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 22:02
Just fit them and see what you think probley just using bits out of the kit mite look good like the touring badge for the side of front bumper etc

p fandango
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 22:03
it will look good as long as you have 18's and coil-overs with the wheels tucked up into the arches like the touring cars did
19's ;)

i'm not bad with vinyl so pop round if you want a hand

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 22:08
One draw back with mine be stickered, I can't go anywhere without being spotted!

Mine at Ford Fair this year, bumper has be repainted since

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v16/paulxr4x4/60b900c7.jpg

Yours does look very good, I knew a white one would. Will have to see what it looks like on grey. I would imagine its going to be an all day job with plenty of water and a sponge.

I dont think the kit is quite as detailed as yours but we'll see. Ill have to pop over and see your car at some point.

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 22:14
19's ;)

i'm not bad with vinyl so pop round if you want a hand

Another chance to nip over, ill give you a buzz once they arrive.

Still havnt heard anything of the "speeding ticket" on the way to your place fortnight ago so hopefully nothing will come of it.

Volvostorm
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 22:15
Mine took all day to fit, that was a professional doing it to.

Your more than welcome to pop over and have a look, she's looking abit sorry for herself at the moment, sitting with her nose in the air!

p fandango
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 22:25
Another chance to nip over, ill give you a buzz once they arrive.

Still havnt heard anything of the "speeding ticket" on the way to your place fortnight ago so hopefully nothing will come of it.
when you do come over i promise we won't go to Powerflow or anywhere to spend your money lol

no fine/points is always a bonus, i've got mine to come off my licence but never got round to sending it back to the DVLA yet

LiamT4
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 22:29
when you do come over i promise we won't go to Powerflow or anywhere to spend your money lol

no fine/points is always a bonus, i've got mine to come off my licence but never got round to sending it back to the DVLA yet

I take it that you rate the powerflow near you? I need someone to remove the "suitcase" on mine.

p fandango
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 22:34
I take it that you rate the powerflow near you? I need someone to remove the "suitcase" on mine.
yeh they did BT's exhaust including the custom welding/fitting for the bypass valve, there welding isn't exactly pretty but its always done the job

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 22:37

They were very good when me and duane went down to get my cat cut out. Cheap and even repaired my rear exhuast hangers by welding new brackets on for free.

I would reccomend them even if p fandango doesnt.

LiamT4
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 22:43
They were very good when me and duane went down to get my cat cut out. Cheap and even repaired my rear exhuast hangers by welding new brackets on for free.

I would reccomend them even if p fandango doesnt.

It wouldn't have to be pretty anyway, as it would just be a stop gap untill i got the exhaust done properly.

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 22:49
It wouldn't have to be pretty anyway, as it would just be a stop gap untill i got the exhaust done properly.

They will probably only charge around £50 for the job. Take it your going to cut the suitcase out? Will be nice without. If you removed backbox would still be mega quiet.

LiamT4
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 22:54
They will probably only charge around £50 for the job. Take it your going to cut the suitcase out? Will be nice without. If you removed backbox would still be mega quiet.

Probably, not sure if the back box has been welded on.
Think i'll keep the rear box on, don't want to much noise.