PDA

View Full Version : Couple of probs!!

Pete-the-Dog
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 19:15
Hi all.
I want to give my T4 a bit of a service.

Unfortunately the bonnet release cable is siezed, any ideas on how to get the bonnet up??

Also when I lock the car with the fob it flashes the hazard lights constantly, but it is fine when locking with the key..

Any advice will be great.. thanks...

LiamT4
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 21:32
Hi all.
I want to give my T4 a bit of a service.

Unfortunately the bonnet release cable is siezed, any ideas on how to get the bonnet up??

Also when I lock the car with the fob it flashes the hazard lights constantly, but it is fine when locking with the key..

Any advice will be great.. thanks...

Think you may have to wreck the front grill to get to the cable, unfortunatly.
Can't help with the hazard problem.

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 21:34
I have an angle grinder if you want to take the p fandango approach and simply grind the bonnet off?

Pete-the-Dog
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 21:42
I have an angle grinder if you want to take the p fandango approach and simply grind the bonnet off?
Er Thanks!!! I think lol

lozccw
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 22:02
(just tried this on mine, so I know it works!! it's not easy tho!!)
If you put your arm through the large radiator hole in the drivers side of your bumper you will (only just) be able to reach right up to the bonnet lock mechanism, on the left of the mechanism will be a thick cable traveling towards the drivers side headlight area - give this a good tug toward the headlight, and you should hear the bonnet pop.
Doing this will pull the cable locator out of the mechanism, so once open you will need to slot the cable back into place.

I had what seems to be the exact same alarm problem with mine.
I think the hazards continue to flash to warn you that the alarm/immobilizer did not set correctly, and are not functioning due to a fault.
In my case it turned out to be a faulty siren- (£20 on flebay)
(the hazards will not flash if you lock the car with the key, as the alarm/immobilizer will only activate (or try to activate) if you use the remote)

Hope something there helps!

Phuturephantasy
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 22:15
Have you tried getting someone to press down on the bonnet, hold it down, then you pull the bonnet release and hold it pulled out, then ask person holding bonnet down to try lifting bonnet.

Mine wouldn't open when I first got it but by doing this I was able to get in.

Long shot but worth a go and worked for me :O)