PDA

View Full Version : pipercross viper air filter

si850r
Sunday 14th November 2010, 20:20
Ive been offered one of these.......any body know if there any good or not???

cheers all:smile:

p fandango
Sunday 14th November 2010, 20:21
Ive been offered one of these.......any body know if there any good or not???
not bad, better than K&N but only the same as the Pipercross foam cone so i wouldn't pay too much for it

T5frankie
Sunday 14th November 2010, 20:21
too quiet mate and no noticable gains i had one on my t4

si850r
Sunday 14th November 2010, 20:24
so out of a pipercross cone and the viper which will sound the best...ie a bit more engine roar....cause i should imagine the powergain or response if any is the same for both??

T5frankie
Sunday 14th November 2010, 20:31
so out of a pipercross cone and the viper which will sound the best...ie a bit more engine roar....cause i should imagine the powergain or response if any is the same for both??

big pipercross cone mate like mine lol the bigger the noisier with turbos you dont get a roar you get a loud sucking noise shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol

p fandango
Sunday 14th November 2010, 20:32
the open cone will give a bit more sound, but no performance difference between the 2

LiamT4
Sunday 14th November 2010, 21:17
the open cone will give a bit more sound, but no performance difference between the 2

Are the vipers really that quiet? Because (and i'v said this many times. lol) the bmc that i had on my t4, was very loud. More so than any cone i'v heard in light/medium modded cars.
Sounded like a small cone without the cold air feed, but when i fitted an aluminium cold air feed it sounded excellent. Best results were to accelerate to 3000rpm and then let off the throttle.

si850r
Tuesday 16th November 2010, 20:55
big pipercross cone mate like mine lol the bigger the noisier with turbos you dont get a roar you get a loud sucking noise shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol

pmsl.....:crazy: