PDA

View Full Version : tuning advice

si850r
Sunday 14th November 2010, 19:59
Before i get my remap done....is it best to have my new cone filter and mbc fitted.......If so how do you fit an mbc??? I am new tho the turbo world so basically i aint got a clue ( if I could have instructions to follow thAT would be simple cause i aint brain dead )...If i was to take my mbc(if it wasnt fitted already) when I went for my remap (hml) would he fit it for me?? obviously at cost to me....
again cheers to you all.....:help:

Santa
Sunday 14th November 2010, 20:01
Before i get my remap done....is it best to have my new cone filter and mbc fitted.......If so how do you fit an mbc??? I am new tho the turbo world so basically i aint got a clue ( if I could have instructions to follow thAT would be simple cause i aint brain dead )...If i was to take my mbc(if it wasnt fitted already) when I went for my remap (hml) would he fit it for me?? obviously at cost to me....
again cheers to you all.....:help:

Hamish....one for you ;-)

T5frankie
Sunday 14th November 2010, 20:08
hamish will take your mbc off if he did the remap mate, leave it off until the re-map has been done

p fandango
Sunday 14th November 2010, 20:08
Hamish doesn't like MBC's so i doubt he'll fit one

si850r
Sunday 14th November 2010, 20:11
ok ....cheers man......so are they easy to fit???

T5frankie
Sunday 14th November 2010, 20:19
ok ....cheers man......so are they easy to fit???

extremely easy mate just two pipes to connect

si850r
Sunday 14th November 2010, 20:25
so if i put up a pic of my pipes you could point me in the right direction? cheers again mate

T5frankie
Sunday 14th November 2010, 20:30
so if i put up a pic of my pipes you could point me in the right direction? cheers again mate

you need to find your bcs (boost control solenoid)

p fandango
Sunday 14th November 2010, 20:35
you'll find your boost control solenoid (BCS) bolted on the side of your air box, this has got 3 pipes going to it. Follow the pipes back & what you want is the pipe from the fresh air side of the turbo (just by the air intake pipe to the turbo) to the inlet of the MBC, the pipe from the actuator (disappears behind the turbo heat shield) to the outlet of the MBC, & the final pipe (just after the MAF on the air intake pipe) blocking off. The BCS will still need to be plugged in to keep the ECU happy but will now have no pipes connected to it