PDA

View Full Version : confused about my EEC blower problem

Pandamedic
Thursday 11th November 2010, 22:53
Hi All

I'm having a confusing problem with my EEC heater blower in my V70.

Most days it works fine no problems what so ever.

However, lately, the blower randomly stops working for some unknown reason.

It'll work one minute, and then the next time i'm in the car the blowers don't work at all.

The EEC control panel lights up as normal and i can hear the motors working when i select a different fan position, but nothing comes out.

The lights on the control panel haven't flashed the 20times to same something is wrong.

The motor doesn't sound like it rattles at all. The pollen filter is ok, and i can see the blower blades looks ok when i checked. I've also checked the temp sensor inlet thingy and that is clear of dust.

Today the blowers worked fine on auto and throughout the various speed position. When i got back in the car the blowers didn't work at all. I carried on driving home and several minutes later everything started to work again as normal.

Does anyone have a clue what might be wrong.

It wouldn't be to bad if it wasn't coming into winter, but i couldn't even clear the screen the other morning to get to work.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

SI

Pandamedic
Saturday 13th November 2010, 17:07
its done it again. working fine all day. Go to fill up, get back to the car and the blowers have no sign of life in them again :grumpy: