PDA

View Full Version : S60 D5 Wishbones

jacko
Monday 8th November 2010, 20:36
All right guys and gals
I could do with a bit more of your excelent advise

I am getting a grinding noise from the front end when on full lock
I have had a look under the front arches and I can see some rubbing on the inner arches and the inner edge of the tyres.

The only thing I can see as a problem is the lower rubber bushes in the wishbones have split

Firstly do you think this could cause the rubbing

And secondly should i go for new wishbones or poly bushes?

Sorry to go on but I need advise

Cheers

Jacko

t5 stealth
Tuesday 9th November 2010, 00:18
at a guess id say your steering lock stops are worn.
there is a nylon or rubber bush on the front edge of the lower suspension arm...each side..just behind the lower swivel/ball joint.
when they wear off a bit the wheel turns in slightly more that meant to...thus causing the tyre to rub on the plastic inner wing liner....which is the srape lines you see...
just change the 2 bushes and it should stop it....
or swap them over from each other as they will use the other side of the bush ...

Liddo
Tuesday 9th November 2010, 08:13
There are bump stops on the wishbones, they have two bolts in each. Undo them and swap them over, dead easy. Basically, the plastic material wears down at an angle, and causes a tiny bit of rub. If you swap them over, and cake them in a silicone grease, you wont get the noise or rubbing.

Should take you 10 mins

;)

jacko
Tuesday 9th November 2010, 13:15
thanks for the input guys
i will have a go this weekend if the weather holds

as for the rubber bushes
would you recomend changing these or not

cheers

jacko

t5 stealth
Tuesday 9th November 2010, 20:40
swap over the lock stops first if i was you,try that and see if it improves the problem......before you go spending money you dont need to.

Liddo
Wednesday 10th November 2010, 08:07
And if you DO need them, V70Torslanda on here does poly bushed ones at a great price ;)