PDA

View Full Version : removing the front wing

p fandango
Friday 5th November 2010, 18:54
its one of the jobs i've never had to do & one of the rare parts i haven't removed yet, but now i've got to so how? Obviously theirs the row of bolts across the top but where are the others?

many thanks Duane

Jamest5r
Friday 5th November 2010, 19:01
Cant remeber exactly where the ones underneath are but i do remember there is a bracing bar on the inside thats the only one that caused me grief when i swopped the one on the mrs car, had to snap it off but less weight i guess lol

The Flying Moose
Friday 5th November 2010, 19:04
Its a real doddle to do as there is no welds to grind off, besides the top there are some running down near the door. Cant remember where the rest are but if you struggle let me know and ill pop over I have all weekend off and I think we still have a few little jobs to do!

p fandango
Friday 5th November 2010, 19:08
Its a real doddle to do as there is no welds to grind off, besides the top there are some running down near the door. Cant remember where the rest are but if you struggle let me know and ill pop over I have all weekend off and I think we still have a few little jobs to do!
i remember seeing the 2 on the inside of the door now you mention it, so they'll be one on the sill under the plastic skirt & possibly a few by the indicator or behind the bumper. Time to get the socket set out & start undoing till it falls off i guess lol

what jobs you thinking?

p fandango
Friday 5th November 2010, 19:09
Cant remeber exactly where the ones underneath are but i do remember there is a bracing bar on the inside thats the only one that caused me grief when i swopped the one on the mrs car, had to snap it off but less weight i guess lol
don't worry, i'm sure if its not needed it won't be going back on lol

The Flying Moose
Friday 5th November 2010, 19:22
i remember seeing the 2 on the inside of the door now you mention it, so they'll be one on the sill under the plastic skirt & possibly a few by the indicator or behind the bumper. Time to get the socket set out & start undoing till it falls off i guess lol

what jobs you thinking?

Well was thinking about de-catting the original exhaust already fitted by cutting it out and clamping/welding a pipe in its place... thought you were the man!

As for the panel yes there is one at the very bottom edge under the black plastic trim. If I remember correctly you need to drill out a couple of rivets to get to it.

nottsgreent5
Saturday 6th November 2010, 08:41
the 1 on the side of the wing behinde the bumper is awkward but is possible with a 10mm rathcet spanner from under the car there is another behind the bumper under the indicator that is very tight to get to i change my wing last week took about half hour all in

BruceT
Saturday 6th November 2010, 11:11
There a guide on the VOC...

Take look Duane, may help

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=93174

p fandango
Saturday 6th November 2010, 18:39
binned that strap myself lol, thanks to V70ETS very nice to see you again mate & thanks for the help (& letting me drive your T-5 round all day lol)

The Flying Moose
Saturday 6th November 2010, 20:48
binned that strap myself lol, thanks to V70ETS very nice to see you again mate & thanks for the help (& letting me drive your T-5 round all day lol)

No problem, its a step in the right direction to completing BT ready for the games in April.

gmain1967
Saturday 6th November 2010, 21:06
its one of the jobs i've never had to do & one of the rare parts i haven't removed yet, but now i've got to so how? Obviously theirs the row of bolts across the top but where are the others?

many thanks Duane

Fit S60 Tethys alloys and spacers, hit one of the many potholes at any speed, and voila, they should both pop off quite easily!!!!!

In seriousness, not sure as never had to do it either, and hopefully won't!

Best of luck

martybelfastt5
Saturday 6th November 2010, 21:08
what you at now? a wingless bt?

added> just read the the bt thread,,was expecting to see them in the wheelie bin,,lol

p fandango
Saturday 6th November 2010, 21:55
what you at now? a wingless bt?

added> just read the the bt thread,,was expecting to see them in the wheelie bin,,lol
do you think she needs them? lol

p fandango
Saturday 6th November 2010, 21:55
Fit S60 Tethys alloys and spacers, hit one of the many potholes at any speed, and voila, they should both pop off quite easily!!!!
thanks for the idea, but for once i would like them to go back on lol