PDA

View Full Version : Back from avon

spesh
Saturday 16th July 2005, 20:33
Hi all, just got back from Avon, had a great day lots of fun! Shame about your car justin hope you do get it sorted this week! Nice to see a face from south Wales Mike J, what a nice chap. Well done to madness and his 14.1 and redbrick with his 15 sec pass also a big well done to our very own wobbly Dave as his car made a 14.9 pass. Got a nice tan, hope you aint sunburnt dave. SEE YOU ALL SOON

TangoDeltaSierra3
Saturday 16th July 2005, 20:59
Sounds fun boys n girls anyway. Theres one at Santa Pod on Oct 23rd too.

andy l
Saturday 16th July 2005, 21:02
hi m8 it was a good day sorry for not saying hi,,, GOD THEM MINIS ARE FAST

spesh
Saturday 16th July 2005, 21:06
Andy take it the yellow T5-R was yours, yea was a good day, did you see the 2 AA vans having a race that was funny!!!
TDS whats up pod on the 23rd of october???

andy l
Saturday 16th July 2005, 21:24
ye the aa vans had a good go get rac there next time was a good day,, did u have a run

spesh
Saturday 16th July 2005, 21:28
No I went up with a mate of mine in his nissan. :riceboy: jap crap, he only managed a 13.9, still trying to catch me lol!!!! :)

andy l
Saturday 16th July 2005, 21:39
it was my firsttime at something like that ,the track looked slipy to me was it

Justin
Saturday 16th July 2005, 21:40
Cant belive you made it Andy and didnt say hi, thats disgraceful, your car however is not :)

We dont bite you know, although Spesh is a little wierd at times, all im saying is ITG mate rotflmfao :B_rotfl: :cuckoo:

andy l
Saturday 16th July 2005, 21:59
Sorry Justin And All I Know I Should Have Said Hi, Was Going To Had Some Food By My Car But No Sign Of Volvos,it Was Abit Hot 4 The Kids Them Mini,s Are Shocking. Proper Pocket Rockets Plus You Could Have Had A Look At My Car Under The Bonnet Just Got Her New Toy Lol,,,next Time M8 Sorry

spesh
Saturday 16th July 2005, 22:13
Justin is there somthing you would like to share with everyone on the forum?????? Boyo!!
I do recall that you were the person who started the strange coversation!!!!!!
Anyway i'm off to rub myself down with 10w40!!!! lol :remybussi

mikej
Saturday 16th July 2005, 22:23
Andy l whats the score with the car m8 certainly looks the part where you from ,where did you get the car from hist etc i think i actually seen you pull up!! mine was the white ex plod parked next to all the burger vans ,did not realise untill i got home you were a member lol
mike

Redbrick
Saturday 16th July 2005, 22:26
What a fun day. I'm burnt to a crisp now and feeling a bit sick with sun stroke but well worth it.

Can't believe I mucked my first two runs up false starting, got it in the end though. 15 secs have never gone so quickly. Great feeling knowing your nailing your car legally!

Great to meet you all and I hope to do it again soon.

Andy AKA Redbrick

mikej
Saturday 16th July 2005, 22:33
:jaw: Spesh mate you cannot believe how old i feel now ,arrived in wales in 1994 aged 18 in all my time down here i,ve never been called a nice CHAP i go into the pubs now and they say yes SIR what can i get you? :wtf: Oh well no point in fighting it i must be getting old i,m just going up to my room now to cry my eyes out i,ll be dead soon well once i,ve found my slippers and gown anyway!!!!
take care boyo

mikej
Saturday 16th July 2005, 22:41
Andy (redbrick)nice to meet you mate and luv the car just read the spec you must have some money thats all i can say ,nice to see you managed to run in the end .Got lost going home couldn,t believe it.Burn,t good and propper as well
catch you later
mike.....

andy l
Saturday 16th July 2005, 22:44
hi mikej not had the car long 3 to 4 week, it is standed came with full sh i am 2nd owner 66000 on the clock, needs some work a good polish would help.got a small dent in the door .but will sort it in time runs spot on i think its should have had a chat to u lot. but i do like the estates

andy l
Saturday 16th July 2005, 22:50
sorry m8 just read the rest wot a ££££ not me then

mikej
Saturday 16th July 2005, 22:56
Andy l luv your car mate bloody low miles as well i too like the estates the 850,s more so than the later ones although if Justin wanted to swap his for my ex plod i would seriously consider it! if he asked me nicely.I think yellow looks naff on cars puffy girly like but on the volvo i dont know it looks smart to me maybe because its different and the fact its a t5 ,looks a proper car next time say hello kids and all.
mike......
p.s Where are you situated?

mikej
Saturday 16th July 2005, 23:03
No my fault loads of Andy,s have now altered my posts andy l and Andy(redbrick) sorry mate BBQ and stellas to blame....

andy l
Saturday 16th July 2005, 23:14
hi mike im in northamptonshire,still in shock how fast them mini,s are had a play with a cooper s on the way home big kid lol he had me up to 95 ish no time to look.we should plan a new meet just go for a spin 60 70 that is

mikej
Saturday 16th July 2005, 23:24
60 70 i,m not driving round in 1st gear all day for anyone your right about another meet although one in s.wales would be nice for me and my bank balance at the same time lol maybe the mini had been toy,d with? i know i raced a tyre r civic the other night he crept up on me and scared the living crap out of me bloody quick and all but had to put him in his place much to his suprise his mates in the back thought it was funny anyway!!

Al115
Saturday 16th July 2005, 23:49
No the Mini Cooper "S"es are bloody quick. I'd guess they'd have a standard T5 up to the top of their 1st gear - which is somewhere in the middle of our 2nd gear!

Sounds like fun was had by (nearly) all! Would have loved to have made it.

Alastair

Justin
Sunday 17th July 2005, 00:10
LOL @ Spesh, all i said was webcam, you did the rest mate ;)

TangoDeltaSierra3
Sunday 17th July 2005, 02:25
LOL @ Spesh, all i said was webcam, you did the rest mate ;)I hope youz not being doing cheeky things on cam lol....

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 17th July 2005, 06:43
I had a fab day. Hooked up with J at 9am at Hopwood services on the M42 - got there about 10ish - to find myself surronded by a sea of minis. Fav one/sticker of the day - was "Rust is lighter than carbon fibre!!

Cheers to everyone that turned up. Big learning curve for me - still getting used to the new transmission. I found that it was very hard to hear the engine - the C70 is soo much quiter than the 850R. Still I manage to get some decent 60ft times - around 2.5 seconds. I also found it hard to decide when to change up. Mostly I changed around 6000rpm, foot still flat to the floor. One or two times I got a bit excited and bounced of the limiter. Sadly still cannot wave yet as I was used to doing in the auto.

I nearly beat an "I class" mini (Honda Vtec 1.8 lt engine). Dusted an R5.

The annoucer needs a good talking too - about his remarks concerning the Volvo. Choice remarks about the lack of snow and "yeah - its still a Volvo" - were not well recieved, especially as only the most modded minis were getting anywhere near us - grrr!

Well done to Jamie (madness) - for his T4 run - 14.1 @102mph - "Yeah - but still is only a Volvo" :slap:

My best run of the day was 14.9secs (2.4s 60ft) @ 94.4mph - which is a great result IMHO for a stock motor, especially considering the heat.

Left around 6:30 feeling v happy and if not a bit sunburnt.

Next Avon meet we could go to is 15th or 16th October. I hope I can get down into the low 14s or better.

Loving the C70 - it is soooo much nicer than the 850. She will be awesome when tuned.

Ross9
Sunday 17th July 2005, 10:23
Excellent, sounds like all had a good day out.

Congratulations to everyone on their times.

Well done Jamie, good to see you repeating the 14.1, 102 terminal as well, nice :)

Ross

TangoDeltaSierra3
Sunday 17th July 2005, 18:47
Andy take it the yellow T5-R was yours, yea was a good day, did you see the 2 AA vans having a race that was funny!!!
TDS whats up pod on the 23rd of october???Its just a Run Wot Ya Brung meeting - October 23rd at Santa Pod, i've seen it mentioned on a cruise site i go on.

madness
Monday 18th July 2005, 17:35
cheers guys, had a good day but a bit crisp after too much sun!!!!

what can i say about the comentator- i blitzed everything i lined up against and still no acknowledgement. (mini turbo, new cooper s works amonst others)
just wait till we turn up in the 12's Grrrr :troutslap

waste of time at the pod on sunday - far too busy. i did 2 runs only 14.2
and 14.4 .
went home at lunchtime since i didnt fancy the hour in the queue anymore !

andy l
Monday 18th July 2005, 17:51
welldone madness is that ok m8 fast car too m8

madness
Monday 18th July 2005, 17:57
cheers andy-
where in northants are you ?

spesh
Monday 18th July 2005, 19:17
Mike a mini meet sounds great soon as the car is done i'll pop up if you want you will have to pm me your number.

mikej
Monday 18th July 2005, 19:46
Sounds good to me Spesh as long as i can have a go of this 400bhp machine,thinking of going down to pembrey this weekend british rallycross i think, anything that has wheels eh!
catch u later
mike

spesh
Monday 18th July 2005, 20:50
Sounds like a good plan mike, didnt realise it was down there this weekend, could meet you down there if you want.

mikej
Monday 18th July 2005, 21:04
No problem mate i think its on sunday should be quite a good selection of motors down there , if i knew how to include a link i would.You can just search pembrey and the calendar should show all...

madness
Wednesday 20th July 2005, 10:08
did anyone take any pictures or vids from avon they want to post

spesh
Wednesday 20th July 2005, 22:37
I got a few but will have to scale them down I think? help!! I play with electric and engines not with computers!

mikej
Wednesday 20th July 2005, 22:59
A couple of the 1000 or so my young lad took that wasn't a mini ! you can't quite see me i,m about 100 yards infront LOL :B_steerin