PDA

View Full Version : does 1 of these replace the air filter

si850r
Thursday 4th November 2010, 17:02
thishttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CARBON-FIBRE-COLD-AIR-INDUCTION-KIT-SYSTEM-3-76MM-BLACK-/140447903927?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20b358f0b7

hi all.its confusion time .......does this replace the air filter? If i get long enough hose to go maybe from the splitter to the maf sensor will i still need a filter? If so is it best to keep the original box with the intake going into that(maybe a k n filter or similar)?

Cheers again for any input....

T5frankie
Thursday 4th November 2010, 17:07
it should do, but you will still need to buy a 76-70mm silicone straight reducer hose to connect that to your maf sensor

T5frankie
Thursday 4th November 2010, 17:13
Here mate check these out they are excellent value i bought the cosworth RS500 one

https://www.burtonpower.com/product_main.aspx?home.aspx

type in c7005 thats the one i bought and it really sounds nice and is twice the size of any t5 one

The Flying Moose
Thursday 4th November 2010, 17:15
As leighkaicraigmia says it will replace the exisiting system and would be a far better system than a cone filter in theory as you are only venting cold air into it and it shouldn't suffer heatsoak. As explained though it will need a few additional components to make it work.

si850r
Thursday 4th November 2010, 17:18
i take the cossie one is the one thats fitted to your motor now....the one i can see as yr avatar? again cheers

si850r
Thursday 4th November 2010, 17:20
also do you know what the pcd and j are on my 850r? I am seriously thinking of some new rims....I like the volans but they look a bit plain...

T5frankie
Thursday 4th November 2010, 17:20
The original and the best viper one is around £200 but again with these systems (i had one on my T4) they will mute the sound effects from the turbos wastegate and those are what everyone wants lol

T5frankie
Thursday 4th November 2010, 17:22
i take the cossie one is the one thats fitted to your motor now....the one i can see as yr avatar? again cheers

yes mate got it 2 weeks ago and took out my k&n it looks much better sounds better and fills the big gap in the engine bay left when taking out your airbox, look in my garage and expand the picture to see what it looks like properly

p fandango
Thursday 4th November 2010, 17:40
The original and the best viper one is around £200 but again with these systems (i had one on my T4) they will mute the sound effects from the turbos wastegate and those are what everyone wants lol
i gave my Viper away because i wasn't impressed with it, didn't give any performance gains over a Pipercross cone so i'd save your money

Shortbusdriver1969
Monday 22nd November 2010, 14:12
If your MAF is built into your air box lid like mine is you might have problems,
I wanted a filter like this but I am finding it hard to find one that fits due to the MAF been on the lid :-)

BruceT
Monday 22nd November 2010, 14:30
If your MAF is built into your air box lid like mine is you might have problems,
I wanted a filter like this but I am finding it hard to find one that fits due to the MAF been on the lid :-)

2x Torx screws and a yank and the maf comes out of the top part of the airbox lid :)

Shortbusdriver1969
Monday 22nd November 2010, 14:33
Then what do you do with the sensor ? I am sure the senor needs to be ' in line '
to do its job :-)

BruceT
Monday 22nd November 2010, 15:06
The MAF is conencted to the airbox lid by those 2x torx screws.

The end of the MAF which is attached to the airbox lid is where you would attach a cone filter for instance.

The other end of the MAF is still connected to the inlet tract down to the turbo.