PDA

View Full Version : Telephone

spencem875
Wednesday 3rd November 2010, 20:28
So popped a sim in the slot, pressed green handset and got the message please wait (or something like that) pop-up on the dash display. So i waited, waited, waited some more, went for a drive and gave up. Looking through the manual it does not mention much except put sim in and turn on.

Help..

5seaterT5x2
Wednesday 3rd November 2010, 20:34
is the phone locked to another network?

spencem875
Wednesday 3rd November 2010, 20:35
Dunno, are you saying the only sim that will work is the last 1 used in it? Thats gonna be tough to find out.

5seaterT5x2
Wednesday 3rd November 2010, 20:39
mobile phones are often locked to a specific network and wont work with another networks sim without being unlocked usually by a dealer type person

spencem875
Wednesday 3rd November 2010, 20:40
mobile phones are often locked to a specific network and wont work with another networks sim without being unlocked usually by a dealer type person

Yeh but this the inbuilt phone in my S60. I cant believe it would be locked to 1 network.

p fandango
Wednesday 3rd November 2010, 20:44
we've had several sims from different networks in my old mans S60 & all have worked ok. It is very easy to set-up but sounds like yours is getting stuck reading the SIM card, are you sure its OK?

spencem875
Wednesday 3rd November 2010, 20:45
The sim is from my iphone so da!

mds
Thursday 4th November 2010, 15:26
Hi I had dual sims with Vodafone (1 number 2 sim cards) just turned off the mobile all calls to the car, simple.

When I transferred to O2 they don't do dual sim, when I took the sim out of the phone and put it in the car I had problems?? couldn't work it out?
I got a free additional sim from O2 after a good old rant, that didn't work either??
Then when cleaning the car I discovered the handset under the armrest wasn't seated properly. clicked it into place and suddenly all was well.
Just put a speed dial transfer into the mobile, push one button all calls to the car one button cancel and your back on the mobile.

Not as efficient as the Kenwood with bluetooth in the wifes car but it works.

spencem875
Thursday 4th November 2010, 18:21
So, check the handset and it wasn't quite in place. Put it in properly and switched phone on and still getting this...

Vikingxl
Thursday 4th November 2010, 19:09
Burn it

spencem875
Thursday 4th November 2010, 19:10
Dont be mean Ricardo :(

Vikingxl
Thursday 4th November 2010, 19:29
Sorry matey

Vikingxl
Thursday 4th November 2010, 19:36
Im informed by a reliable source that the volvo phone doesnt like 3g sims try an older one and see if that works

Vikingxl
Thursday 4th November 2010, 19:38
Oh yeah and when you get it fixed give me a ring so we can arrange a meet up!

spencem875
Thursday 4th November 2010, 20:08
Still says please wait, with or without a sim in it :(

Have a word with ST and we can meet up :)

Vikingxl
Thursday 4th November 2010, 20:57
Do you have an old non 3g sim to try?

spencem875
Thursday 4th November 2010, 21:06
Well, my wifes sim card is from the stoneage, she dont remember ever having a new 1.

KPB
Friday 5th November 2010, 14:51
I had a similar problem but it turned out to be the passcode on the sim. I put it back in my phone and removed the 4-digit security code and then the car could read it fine.

spencem875
Friday 5th November 2010, 14:56
Did you use the password on your phone before putting the sim into the car phone?

johnS40
Saturday 6th November 2010, 23:05
I bought a 99p Tesco Pay as You Go Sim Card, put it in and it worked straight away.

MacXC60T5
Sunday 7th November 2010, 16:39
Have a Vodaphone pay as you go sim in the T5 with separate number. Works with no problems since February this year. My question is if Vodaphone now do dual sims " they did not 2 years ago" can I get a dual sim on my number and will it work in the T5. My new phone is a Nokia N8 which is a 3gs. I also have a feeling that the Volvo phone will not work on the 3gs system. Not sure if to leave it as it is as only use the car phone on very few occasions.
As a side issue on mobile phones the phone companies don't tell you that the 3gs system does not work indoors. To get full usage from my N5 I use a Vodaphone sure signal and now get 100% indoor coverage in my home. I understand it is also the same with the Iphone 4. I believe that the phone setup in the Volvo has a built in signal booster, not a lot of people know that. I have always had very good coverage from the T5 wherever I have been.

spencem875
Sunday 7th November 2010, 16:42
Voda dont do the dual sims anymore.

LeeT5
Tuesday 9th November 2010, 15:43
Still says please wait, with or without a sim in it :(

Have a word with ST and we can meet up :)

It's not your SIM then!

I put my o2 SIM into mine last night and it worked fine.

spencem875
Wednesday 10th November 2010, 22:57
O2 sim didnt work so its off to Volvo tomorrow. They did tell me that the phone systems are supposed to be registered with Volvo and they cannot find mine on their system.

The luck of working 2 doors up from Volov :)

LeeT5
Friday 19th November 2010, 17:52
O2 sim didnt work so its off to Volvo tomorrow. They did tell me that the phone systems are supposed to be registered with Volvo and they cannot find mine on their system.

The luck of working 2 doors up from Volov :)

What's the damage then?

spencem875
Friday 19th November 2010, 18:03
Nothing yet, it's a freebie check so they gonna look when they can.