PDA

View Full Version : RWYB RAF Brize Norton

pzorb
Saturday 16th July 2005, 11:19
I got this off www.cruiseoxford.com:

On Sunday 24th July RAF Brize Norton will be hosting a run what you brung day ! The runway is being closed for flying and opened for quarter mile trials. Your time will be officially displayed on various boards down the track ! There will be 2 lanes to allow you to compete against friends. Car clubs are welcome to attend with no entry charges. The only fees to be paid are the quarter mile runs as detailed below.

IN ADVANCE

Bikes - 3 x 1/4 mile run - £10
Cars - 3 x 1/4 mile run - £15
Bikes - 9 x 1/4 mile run - £25
Cars - 9 x 1/4 mile run - £30

ON THE DAY
Bikes - 3 x 1/4 mile run - £15
Cars - 3 x 1/4 mile run - £20
Bikes - 9 x 1/4 mile run - £30
Cars - 9 x 1/4 mile run - £35

I'm trying to find more info on it at the mo.

Anyone interested?

Martin

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 17th July 2005, 07:16
I'd love to come - I think it would a great day out for the forum. Where is RAF Brize Norton - home counties?

Vikingxl
Sunday 17th July 2005, 08:14
I am interested in going just not sure if i can make it yet. I think its in oxfordshire if i remember right.Its quite a runway from memory as i have flown from there a few years ago(usaf plane).They use it for the refueling tankers.

pzorb
Sunday 17th July 2005, 19:28
Indeed, it's in Oxfordshire. About 17 miles west of Oxford. Current RAF base.

I've been trying to chase up the details, I'll have a ring round tomorrow and see if it's actually happening. If it is, it should be a good day out! I'll keep ya's posted!

Martin

Mrsmopp
Monday 18th July 2005, 09:09
Yep! Get us some more in fo hun!

x

MattV70
Monday 18th July 2005, 17:19
I'm interested if it's going ahead. I had to work last weekend so i missed Avon, and i'm keen to find out what mine will do!

DaveS60D5
Tuesday 19th July 2005, 21:37
I'm interested if it's going ahead. I had to work last weekend so i missed Avon, and i'm keen to find out what mine will do!

I too missed avon & this sounds cool!!

With my misfire under load hopefully sorted (new dizzy cap & rotor arm & new HT leads) and a full service @ VT I'd like to see if I can beat my Personal Best of 14.8 :) :firedevil

pzorb
Friday 22nd July 2005, 20:32
Seriously i'ts not even funny how hard it is to get info out of the MOD!
As far as I've been able to piece together, it's a charity event being hosted by a bike group and that an early start (think 8am) will see some proper motors haring about before the rest of us go on. I hope to hear more before the event!!!
I havent been able to confirm the costs, all I know is that two decent forms of ID (photo driving licence + passport) are required.
So I'm not 100% sure if we're welcome as a group, as we might be crashing someone's party so to speak! I know that the folks from www.cruiseoxford.com are going, so it would be easy to tack onto the back of them - I've warned the guys on there that a few 'sleepers' may be joining them :riceboy:

I hope to get this all sorted out tomorrow and sorry if this is too late for some!

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 23rd July 2005, 08:34
Sadly I have had to make alternative plans as the new owner is picking up "Rayanna"

pzorb
Saturday 23rd July 2005, 19:37
Right OK I shall be meeting some other cars for 7:30am in McDonald's car park in Witney, Oxfordshire. The scrutineering is at 8am so if you want to run you need to be there otherwise you'll just be watching. http://www.thefoodplace.co.uk/restaurants/25458/Mcdonalds+in+Witney/
From there we're in convoy until we get to the airfield. It's an RAF base so remember that passengers need ID too.

Hope to see a few of you there - any questions send me a txt on 07941 609995 or stick ur name down on here so I know if I have to wait for anybody!