PDA

View Full Version : Ties rods replaced, WOW, what a difference!

Liddo
Tuesday 2nd November 2010, 10:49
Ive just had my car serviced, and whilst it was in, I got the inner and outer tie rods replaced (supplied by V70Torslanda / Jon) and it tracked up.

Wow what a difference, it feels really really nice to drive now, tight, more responsive, and i dont feel any vibration through the wheel when going over bumps.

Its a cheap mod, and if your car feels a little tired and loose at the front end, i'd recommend getting the job done

;)

martinj
Thursday 9th December 2010, 21:24
Hi,

Just curious, what kind of vibrations were you getting before the arms were changed, and was it when you were going over small bumps or big bumps?

Martin

Liddo
Friday 10th December 2010, 08:38
Hi,

Just curious, what kind of vibrations were you getting before the arms were changed, and was it when you were going over small bumps or big bumps?

Martin

When i was steering mainly, and over bumps at the same time. You may need wishbones and drop links, or even top mounts.

Its a bit of a minefield really, one thing may mask another. Get underneath, grab hold of you outer tie rod, and IF you can rattle it, its knackered and you need to PM V70Torslanda (Jon) ;)

JimmyBurnWorld
Monday 27th December 2010, 08:08
If you don't mind me asking, how expensive a job are the tie rods? I've got some strange tugging thing with the steering, and I'm getting the feeling these are the prime suspects.

Did you find the sterring would pull slightly when you were going straight?