View Full Version : New C70

TedBovis
Saturday 16th July 2005, 10:03
http://www.volvocars.co.uk/_Tier2/NewsEvents/AllNewC70/default.htm

I gota get me one of these :jaw:

M44K TS
Saturday 16th July 2005, 13:45
now that's what i'm talking about.

isn't the new C70 designed on the S40 platform? if so they should have called it the C40 then made a bigger version and calling that the C70

Still though, looks truely awesome

TangoDeltaSierra3
Saturday 16th July 2005, 16:23
That looks awesome, sex on wheels really!

Andy
Saturday 16th July 2005, 16:47
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After_Shock
Saturday 16th July 2005, 17:39
Mark the original plan was for C50 so it wouldnt hit the residuals on the current cars too much but as their was no chance of a bigger one they just went with C70 again.

It shares a number of parts with both S40/V50 and the S60 platform.

We already have the orders in for our demo's at work but each garage is only allowed 1 of them initially and the manager has already claimed it as a company car (git!)

M44K TS
Saturday 16th July 2005, 18:14
Managers, who'd have them, jammy gits.

The manager at MINI when i worked for them for a brief spell ordered himself a top of the range cooper s as his daily runabout/demo car just before they were launched, the others just had mini ones and standard coopers.

i hate that guy

dicky b t5
Saturday 16th July 2005, 21:58
Very Very nice...! Any ideas how much..? :B_steerin

After_Shock
Saturday 16th July 2005, 22:43
Starting price is rumoured to be 25k but we dont know till we get the pricing info through in september.

TedBovis
Tuesday 19th July 2005, 15:30
They didnt waste any time....

Just had a phone call from Speeds trying to get me to put down a £1000 deposit for a new one! they are exspecting prices to be bewteen £25-£32K and the first ones to be available in the new year, a demo model will be with they around December although possibly sooner :)

As they are just around the corner from me in Nottigham I will have a walk to the show room when it arrives, asked them to give me a call...... Only problem is I have a new car to buy for the missus first :( and her tastes are not cheap :slap:

MattV70
Tuesday 19th July 2005, 17:24
How come they're going to use the T5 with only 220hp? The V70's etc have 250, so what's the benefit of downtunning the engine?

dave
Tuesday 19th July 2005, 17:35
maybe its the start of a turn away from high powered cars, petrol being high priced and looks like no change for the longterm future.

the c70 now coming as a cab version only(no coupe), its not going to need high power, aimed at a different breed of peeps.

dave

After_Shock
Tuesday 19th July 2005, 19:59
Exactly as Dave said, the 220bhp T5 uses a lower pressure turbo and is very much a smooth engine not much go about it but it still knocks along.

If it was the S40/V50 as they use the 220 I would have said it left more headroom for an R version so it would have to be 350bhp just to distance itself from the T5 but I doubt they would do an R version of the new C70.

I wouldnt believe the dealer saying they are getting a car in December, we have been told Feb at the absolute earliest now for our 6 demos and all the 2006 supplies are take what given, so if we get given 20 bright yellow C70's with pink cloth interior we have to take them! Theirs no factory orders till 2007.

Al115
Tuesday 19th July 2005, 20:15
Beautiful but kind of a step backwards for the T5 "brand", wouldn't you say?

Alastair

After_Shock
Tuesday 19th July 2005, 20:20
Sales of T5's have completely slumped recently, ive seen 1 new T5 registered since I started at Volvo 9 weeks ago and thats between 7 dealerships, everyone is going Diesel mad especially with the new D5 coming out. Weve sold as many R lines as we have T5's, so thats one each!

meffs
Tuesday 19th July 2005, 20:25
very nice, think i agree with TDS on that, not sure if the missus would tho!:jaw:

dave
Tuesday 19th July 2005, 20:36
Sales of T5's have completely slumped recently, ive seen 1 new T5 registered since I started at Volvo 9 weeks ago and thats between 7 dealerships, everyone is going Diesel mad especially with the new D5 coming out. Weve sold as many R lines as we have T5's, so thats one each!

hey mate, do know how many s60r's and v70r's are sold in the uk each year?

dave

After_Shock
Tuesday 19th July 2005, 22:40
Erm not many! They sell shed loads in the US but hardly any here, will ask if can access the info but not sure how to do that yet, may have to go through the service department.

I think they are all strictly built to order so not many will be made that are UK bound, saying that we have had the only new one through yesterday for a customer in titanium but it was a spazzymatic and not a manual :slap:

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 19th July 2005, 22:49
Although they have probably taken on the Principal of releasing a low powered one then the gradual upgrading of engines and specs will prolong the sales life of the model....thus making them more money......

dave
Wednesday 20th July 2005, 01:16
Erm not many! They sell shed loads in the US but hardly any here, will ask if can access the info but not sure how to do that yet, may have to go through the service department.

I think they are all strictly built to order so not many will be made that are UK bound, saying that we have had the only new one through yesterday for a customer in titanium but it was a spazzymatic and not a manual :slap:

cheers mate, would be interesting to know, my local volvo service dept, tell me they only deal with 4 r's.

they shouldn't allowed that car in auto(auto's for the lazy driver!)

dave :)

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 20th July 2005, 01:58
I like the idea of the articulating hard top and I like the S40 like styling. I think that maybe that they should do a C70R - which I think would be awesome, if somewhat unlikely

220bhp with all the extra torsion bars will make it slow I expect.

After_Shock
Wednesday 20th July 2005, 07:46
Unfortunately theirs no info on the weights of the cars yet but its the same size as the current car, the chassis should be lighter but it will have more safety stuff built in so who knows!

Dave at our garage we have at least 15 that come in, and thats what ive seen in 9 weeks, had a lovely black V70 R in yesterday, 18' graphite alloys and tinted windows, very pimp!

woodmeister
Wednesday 20th July 2005, 14:15
I think I like it. :wow:

lance
Wednesday 20th July 2005, 14:31
I like it!,
bet Vt will be busy getting more horses out of em in a few years!

Stu C
Saturday 10th September 2005, 11:32
Looks a lovly motor :D

C70T5auto
Saturday 8th October 2005, 12:29
Found this too.... a few more pics of the car

http://www.swedespeed.com/gallery/gallery2.php?mode=album&album=/FWD%20and%20AWD/C70%20Mk%20II&start=0#

:cool:

siamblue
Saturday 8th October 2005, 13:05
Wow that is so sexy what a looker.

Markzx
Monday 7th November 2005, 17:58
Wow that is so sexy what a looker.

I think that it looks unbalanced. Not enough bonnet and too much booty. Looks quite nice with roof on, but not with it off.

Sorry chaps I honestly think the present C70 is nicer looking.

After_Shock
Saturday 26th November 2005, 09:06
Wait till you see it, the pics dont do it justice it is one lovely looking motor in real life, its also as wide as an S80 so its actually a surprisingly big car.

The handling is absolutely excellent aswell, the big back end is for the rear seat space and also for the new roof to fit in it also helps the weight distribution.

One amusing thing is that the car handles better with the roof down as puts more of the weight in the back end and also lowers the centre of gravity.

Engineer
Saturday 26th November 2005, 10:21
One amusing thing is that the car handles better with the roof down as puts more of the weight in the back end and also lowers the centre of gravity.How do you know this have you driven it? Normally its the other way round as the shell is stiffer with roof up.

After_Shock
Saturday 26th November 2005, 19:25
Yeah I drove it a couple of weeks back, the car is extremely stiff with the roof down and has no scuttle shake at all, regardless of how hard its pushed. One good thing with all this safety kit on the cars they are made much stiffer.

It was the proffessional drivers that where their on the day who had the roofs down on their cars even though the wind chill factor was about -10! They said it handled much better with the roof down due to the lower centre of gravity and better weight distribution, obviously putting the rood up adds some extra stiffness but the car really doesnt need it.

M44K TS
Sunday 27th November 2005, 14:18
Scuttle shake was a bit of a problem on my old 306 convertible, fine with teh roof up and pretty sturdy with it down but any large bumps and it would shake.

Still love to get my hands on a new C70 though