PDA

View Full Version : 19t project

T5frankie
Monday 1st November 2010, 18:25
After seeing what power daves' car made at the rolling road day, i'm thinking 19t next, Can i just buy bits for a 19t and add them to my 18t to create a hybrid? if so what? compressor wheel? cartridge etc, will that get the same power as just fitting a 19t? and if i choose the 19t route how easy would one fit onto mine?

leet5r
Monday 1st November 2010, 18:55
what are you goin to do with the 18t then , 1st dibs m8

T5frankie
Monday 1st November 2010, 19:08
what are you goin to do with the 18t then , 1st dibs m8

This is gonna be a long thing mate just wanted to know if it was even worth doing? just want something quicker for next seasons racing

leet5r
Monday 1st November 2010, 19:13
cool . k24 is prob a better turbo for spoolin up from what i have heard speak to rnash about the k24 and pedro for the 19t , why not keep the 18t and work with that as irf had good power out of his 350 iirc

GregE102
Monday 1st November 2010, 19:21
Personally If your going any bigger with the turbo I would get the rods done for a start.
The THS IC VXR Injectors head ported and flowed throttle body then get the KKK24 you would have one hell of a machine then!!

I have a 16t with IHI Wheel in it Hamish should be able to tell you all about it it cam from him originally but it will boost earlier and hold longer than a 19t he has mapped a few cars with it as well with varying success.

Maybe it would be good to ask him about the HLM 16t hybrid turbo I think it was called

Greg

p fandango
Monday 1st November 2010, 19:23
cool . k24 is prob a better turbo for spoolin up from what i have heard speak to rnash about the k24 and pedro for the 19t
a 19t with a few other little bits & pieces was good enough for FFM to get a 13.9 on the stock ECU

The Flying Moose
Monday 1st November 2010, 19:23
Personally If your going any bigger with the turbo I would get the rods done for a start.
The THS IC VXR Injectors head ported and flowed throttle body then get the KKK24 you would have one hell of a machine then!!

I have a 16t with IHI Wheel in it Hamish should be able to tell you all about it it cam from him originally but it will boost earlier and hold longer than a 19t he has mapped a few cars with it as well with varying success.

Maybe it would be good to ask him about the HLM 16t hybrid turbo I think it was called

Greg

Smithness also has the HLM 16T hybrid turbo in his, its basically 19t body with 16t internals, one hell of a good turbo.

GregE102
Monday 1st November 2010, 19:25
Smithness also has the HLM 16T hybrid turbo in his, its basically 19t body with 16t internals, one hell of a good turbo.

Did he do a RR day? if so do you know what mods he has and what he got out of interest?

The Flying Moose
Monday 1st November 2010, 19:31
Did he do a RR day? if so do you know what mods he has and what he got out of interest?

Not too sure mate your best asking him about the RR day, all his mods are detailed in his garage but he has Blitz Dual SBC boost controller, RIP kit, 960 TB, Ported mani, S60R outlet, 3" DP with Custom Exhaust from US, Dump valve.... the list goes on. What I can say though is his made over 300bhp with a 15g on.

WOODY T5
Monday 1st November 2010, 19:44
Did he do a RR day? if so do you know what mods he has and what he got out of interest?no didnt do rr day mate.but like v70ets says got over 300 bhp with the 15g now its on 16t hybrid with 19t housing and 3" dump pipe feels faster running at 1.25bar and 1.45bar.

GregE102
Monday 1st November 2010, 19:57
no didnt do rr day mate.but like v70ets says got over 300 bhp with the 15g now its on 16t hybrid with 19t housing and 3" dump pipe feels faster running at 1.25bar and 1.45bar.

Thats a lot of boost there!!!

Mine is not finished yet! what mods do you have?

Mine are: Block strengthened, China Rods, over sized pistons, Large FMIC, 470cc Injectors, lightened Billet fly wheel, R clutch, head flowed and ported along with turbo & 3"DP, Aquamist WI, Additional oil cooler, plus other stuff but they are the main ones and a gripper diff.

Like i said not finished yet! so what mods do you have and any idea what you think your getting?

Cheers Greg

WOODY T5
Monday 1st November 2010, 20:09

Mine are: Block strengthened, China Rods, over sized pistons, Large FMIC, 470cc Injectors, lightened Billet fly wheel, R clutch, head flowed and ported along with turbo & 3"DP, Aquamist WI, Additional oil cooler, plus other stuff but they are the main ones and a gripper diff.

Like i said not finished yet! so what mods do you have and any idea what you think your getting?

Cheers Gregdont run 1.45 a lot of the time. list of mods mte map 470cc rip kit 960 throttle body with inlet modded 3" d/pipe obx zorst walbro pump blitz dual boost con 16t hybrid 19t housing bsr induction kit forge dump valve.would say over 315bhp + also got afr gauge fitted in car.

T5frankie
Monday 1st November 2010, 20:11
no didnt do rr day mate.but like v70ets says got over 300 bhp with the 15g now its on 16t hybrid with 19t housing and 3" dump pipe feels faster running at 1.25bar and 1.45bar.

what sort of torque you getting mate? i got 455nm (best on sat lol) with 20 psi on my 18t, what can i do to improve the turbo i have now?

T5frankie
Monday 1st November 2010, 20:14

Cheers Greg

One thing i learnt the other day is that no-one has the power they think they have or expect to have, everyone seemed to have low power for their mods especially me

GregE102
Monday 1st November 2010, 20:15
dont run 1.45 a lot of the time. list of mods mte map 470cc rip kit 960 throttle body with inlet modded 3" d/pipe obx zorst walbro pump blitz dual boost con 16t hybrid 19t housing bsr induction kit forge dump valve.would say over 315bhp + also got afr gauge fitted in car.

Cheers pretty much the same as me:smile:
I have got AFR & Oil Pressure & Temp!
Wise move on your part you can see if something is wrong?

Cheers Greg

GregE102
Monday 1st November 2010, 20:16
One thing i learnt the other day is that no-one has the power they think they have or expect to have, everyone seemed to have low power for their mods especially me

Breathing would be your answer I think I know a guy who made 340hp with similar stuff to you but with head flowed and large FMIC Cooling makes all the difference!!

WOODY T5
Monday 1st November 2010, 20:18
what sort of torque you getting mate? i got 455nm (best on sat lol) with 20 psi on my 18t, what can i do to improve the turbo i have now?with 15g on got 325torque with 303bhp on a mbc on the rollers last time not ad it back on yet but would think torque figs have gone up pulls a lot harder now.as for more power get some 470cc injectors in walbro pump and the bigger throttle body should help u and 3" downpipe with cat?

Jamest5r
Monday 1st November 2010, 20:20

Cheers Greg

Now i like the sound of that, what pistons did you go for Greg? are they .5mm overbore? and the china rods from Don or did you sourse yourself? sorry for all the questions but ive got a block already bored out +.5 and the only rod/piston combo i can find is rsi and there pricey.

Frank if i was you stick some rods in the engine you have spare and then wack the boost up, cheapest way.

T5frankie
Monday 1st November 2010, 20:22
with 15g on got 325torque with 303bhp on a mbc on the rollers last time not ad it back on yet but would think torque figs have gone up pulls a lot harder now.as for more power get some 470cc injectors in walbro pump and the bigger throttle body should help u and 3" downpipe with cat?

325ib ft? or nm? mine goes like stink now and yet to time it as it is now

Rnash2002
Monday 1st November 2010, 20:51
K24 3" system from turbo back R manifold ported,blue injectors,carbon air filter and Rip.
Only running 16 psi made 303bhp and 340 lbft and thats also still running alittle lean,should make 300bhp @ 1 bar boost.

GregE102
Monday 1st November 2010, 20:55
Now i like the sound of that, what pistons did you go for Greg? are they .5mm overbore? and the china rods from Don or did you sourse yourself? sorry for all the questions but ive got a block already bored out +.5 and the only rod/piston combo i can find is rsi and there pricey.

Frank if i was you stick some rods in the engine you have spare and then wack the boost up, cheapest way.

Hi

Volvo supply standard over sized ones and the rebore size i had was .4 of an inch not sure what that works out to in metric?

But after much research on the standard pistons they are good for around 400 mark and as i will never go near or past that they will suffice!!!

Yes China rods from Don Are more than up to the job, I have seen cars with large Garretts & boost leaks/ loose hoses spike over 40psi and just carry on with no problems so they are more than up to the task

Again sorry I can't help with the exact rebore size the man to PM and ask would be Tim Williams he is doing my build for me.

Hope that helps

Greg

T5frankie
Monday 1st November 2010, 20:55
K24 3" system from turbo back R manifold ported,blue injectors,carbon air filter and Rip.
Only running 16 psi made 303bhp and 340 lbft and thats also still running alittle lean,should make 300bhp @ 1 bar boost.

so you got that time with 340ibs ft torque? nearly have the same god i'm gutted i never got a time lol my fueling was ok at 20psi

T5frankie
Monday 1st November 2010, 20:58

yeah may do that just, want to kick your arse next year lol, t4 turbo time as well if i went that route, better do some more overtime or just park up for an extra hour a day

smithy
Monday 1st November 2010, 21:09
yeah may do that just, want to kick your arse next year lol, t4 turbo time as well if i went that route, better do some more overtime or just park up for an extra hour a day

the turbo i have will push 400 bhp no probs

WOODY T5
Monday 1st November 2010, 21:19
325ib ft? or nm? mine goes like stink now and yet to time it as it is now325 lbft mate

leet5r
Monday 1st November 2010, 21:48
so what is this 16t hybrid , a 19t turbo with a 16t compressour wheel

T5frankie
Monday 1st November 2010, 21:48
the turbo i have will push 400 bhp no probs

you can get more than that mate plenty of 500bhp+ 940's on you tube,

smithy
Monday 1st November 2010, 21:58
you can get more than that mate plenty of 500bhp+ 940's on you tube,

i know but the turbo on my car was designed for a 850/v70 mate.dont worry though i will be packing some power next with a total respay/new bumpers/sideskirts/brakes/wheels the car will be the same colur

T5frankie
Monday 1st November 2010, 22:04
i know but the turbo on my car was designed for a 850/v70 mate.dont worry though i will be packing some power next with a total respay/new bumpers/sideskirts/brakes/wheels the car will be the same colur

what you want is a turbo off a volvo fh16 700bhp lol, when we was at avon last there was a motor there with 2 scania turbos.

leet5r
Monday 1st November 2010, 22:05
smithy am still after the same turbo , just need some pics from ya m8 lol

smithy
Monday 1st November 2010, 22:18
smithy am still after the same turbo , just need some pics from ya m8 lol

when i take the turbo off mate then i will forward the pics for you mate

smithy
Monday 1st November 2010, 22:19
what you want is a turbo off a volvo fh16 700bhp lol, when we was at avon last there was a motor there with 2 scania turbos.

i want to able to drive the car not wait untill 5k to the turbo comes in lol

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 2nd November 2010, 00:46
I've had 4 custom remaps on the C70 & the ATM map that I have now is the best of the lot. As you saw Frank the torque is smooth & constant. I will raise the bar now (quite literally) - when we put some more fuel & boost in. I think the larger FMIC has made the biggest difference recently.

If I had my time over again - I would pick the HLM hybrid.

However hardware is only 1 part of the answer. The remap is where the real magic happens.

It is very driveable if not a little slower off the line than previous maps - but as my terminal speeds this season have shown - the pull on the second 1/8 mile is phenominal.

My hope is that with the Quaife ATB diff - that I will be able to increase the traction without ruining the general GT cruiser comfort & style I love in my car.

t5 pete
Tuesday 2nd November 2010, 07:48
I've had 4 custom remaps on the C70 & the ATM map that I have now is the best of the lot. As you saw Frank the torque is smooth & constant. I will raise the bar now (quite literally) - when we put some more fuel & boost in. I think the larger FMIC has made the biggest difference recently.

If I had my time over again - I would pick the HLM hybrid.
However hardware is only 1 part of the answer. The remap is where the real magic happens.

It is very driveable if not a little slower off the line than previous maps - but as my terminal speeds this season have shown - the pull on the second 1/8 mile is phenominal.

My hope is that with the Quaife ATB diff - that I will be able to increase the traction without ruining the general GT cruiser comfort & style I love in my car.

What sort of figures have people been getting from these wobbly

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 2nd November 2010, 11:25
slightly better ones than the ordinary 19T - but this was the turbo design specially by the guy who runs the faster street bike in Europe. I would have to ring Hamish to ask - so you may as well.

I have only seen a couple of examples - & that was a while ago - but pound for pound the HLM hybrid pushed more for the same boost, whilst retaining good (low) turbo lag.

leet5r
Tuesday 2nd November 2010, 17:02
when i take the turbo off mate then i will forward the pics for you mate

your the man m8 , did you say its based on a t28 pulsar turbo