PDA

View Full Version : Double Din Facia adaptor '03 P2 V70

JimmyBurnWorld
Monday 1st November 2010, 13:24
Does anyone know where I can get a double din Facia adaptor for a 2003 V70? I thought I was onto a winner with an autoleads part FP-10-60, but I noticed in the nick of time, it's for 2004 onwards models. I have an expensive head unit I can't fit. Help!

mds
Monday 1st November 2010, 16:58
Contact Rufe (FRF Swansea) on here. Give him the trim code and he will sort you out with just the fascia or a full kit.

Storm-Troll
Monday 1st November 2010, 17:02
failing that. I got mine from Fleabay for £9.99. perfect match.. check out my garage for piccys of facia with HU...

JimmyBurnWorld
Monday 1st November 2010, 20:18
Thanks for the advice guys. Happened upon a thread on a SwedeSpeed forum, turns out Volvo supplied the V70 to the police without a factory fit head unit, but with.... A factory fit double din carrier! (Part No: 9184995)

Quick phone call to local Main Dealer (William A Lewis, Shrewsbury), and it's winging it's way from Sweden. £22.60 + Vat.

Chap at the dealership couldn't confirm if it's all that I need so he's going to look out any other bits just in case.

I will update on Thursday. Either way, I feel better about fitting my new double din unit to a Volvo part than some flimsy Autoleads/Connect 2 Fascia. Some of those adaptors are great, however some are utterly dire! (Used to fit car audio/prat nav etc).