PDA

View Full Version : Birthday boy pressies (for my Volvo)

Wheelspinwardrobe
Sunday 31st October 2010, 23:16
Hi

I just thought I would quickly post about my new toys I have just purchased for my Volvo 850 T5 (She deserves it - passed m.o.t, straight through with no advisorys :) not bad for the old girl. Its my birthday on Thursday so lets get spending!!!!!

I purchased the following:

*TWR CARBON FIBRE ENGINE COVER

* FORGE MOTORSPORT DUMP VALVE AND FITTING KIT WITH BLANKING PLATE

* SNAP ON RACHET SPANNER 10MM FOR BLANKING PLATE FITMENT :) Hopefully will make job easier!!!!

Hopefully will be getting pipercross cone filter in about a week too :)

I must say I thought these where all a VERY VERY good price, top 3 I got for under £130 delivered!!!!

Thanks Phill

p fandango
Monday 1st November 2010, 01:03
good choice with the Pipercross, don't bother with the Viper just get the standard foam cone. I've had both & there was no difference between them in performance

once you've fitted the recirc blanking plate just take the car for a spin before you fit the dump valve:wink:

Wheelspinwardrobe
Monday 1st November 2010, 09:24
Is this cone any good?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310263493343&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

It says 70mm ID!!! I take it that means internal diameter???? will it be right being 70mm on the inside edge if so which pipe will I need anyone got a link for the pipe to fit it and the car?

Thanks Phill

p fandango
Monday 1st November 2010, 09:45
Is this cone any good?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310263493343&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

It says 70mm ID!!! I take it that means internal diameter???? will it be right being 70mm on the inside edge if so which pipe will I need anyone got a link for the pipe to fit it and the car?
the Pipercross i had came with a chrome/alloy funnel which pushed onto the MAF, but the material/foam will be the same so have the same effect. Yes it is 70mm internal (hense the ID, OD is outside diameter) & think it'll fit straight onto the MAF sensor as it is

Wheelspinwardrobe
Monday 1st November 2010, 10:13
Just ordered it :)