PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of selling...what's it worth?

MarcusK
Friday 15th July 2005, 18:49
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of selling my car, just wondered if any of you longterm owners know what it's worth?

Spec =

2003 C70 Convertible T5
GT Trim incl. - Sat Nav and Lowered
Usual extra's - A/C, 12 speaker (I think) CD, uprated alloys etc..
Sapphire Black with Granite leather
Full Volvo history
18000 miles
Recent new front tyres plus warranty work carried out on roof mechanism
V.good condition - (except 1 little scratch down pax door)

Any ideas on value....private or trade (part ex)?

Thanks!!

After_Shock
Friday 15th July 2005, 23:11
Part ex I reckon about 19k depending on dealer, would or should easily get 21k private if not 22k.

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 16th July 2005, 00:59
Why the hell would you wanna sell it?? :slap:

MarcusK
Monday 18th July 2005, 09:01
Why the hell would you wanna sell it?? :slap:

To be honest (and I'm prepared for the flaming that might follow), I just find it uninvolving to drive. I suppose its my fault as I've gone for extremes...selling a VX220 (which was very much a drivers car) to the T5.

I wanted a 4 seater open top with more room due to the arrival of baby. The T5 is a great car, v.quick in straight line with lots of great toys. But I didn't consider how much I would miss the driving experience and I find the handling of the Volvo pretty poor...which you can't really blame the car for, as it's big and heavy.

The running costs are high as well. I drive the car hard so fuel consumption is very high, tyre wear is bad (so has been expensive) and Volvo servicing is towards the high end of the scale.

I really don't mean to be negative about the C70 - as a "tourer" it is fantastic....never puts a foot wrong and looks the business. But priorities change. I used to do a fair number of track days, so I want to return to something suitable for this (and will rely on the wifes car for transporting the family).

All depends on getting the right price though...I'm not going to let the car go for a silly price so I may well keep it for a while longer as I agree with the figures mentioned above, it should be worth around the £20k mark.

the_boy
Monday 18th July 2005, 09:11
You MAY struggle to sell this privately.

Been trying to shift my C70 T5 GT for 2 months now with no joy and I see loads on ebay without any bidders.

Still fingers crossed for you :funkybana

After_Shock
Monday 18th July 2005, 19:34
Should sell a cabrio reasonably easy as its the right time of year and supplies of new ones are non existent, we get them in at work as trade ins and their gone within days!

MarcusK
Tuesday 19th July 2005, 09:05
Should sell a cabrio reasonably easy as its the right time of year and supplies of new ones are non existent, we get them in at work as trade ins and their gone within days!

That was what I was hoping for but the best price so far (part ex) is...£16K !!! Not what I think this car is worth!!

Anyone know any dealers who would be likely to buy it for a more realistic price? I refuse to part with it for this type of money, only to see it on a forecourt a day later with a 5K mark up.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 19th July 2005, 10:33
Marcus - consider uprating the suspension with eibach/monroes and a RICA remap. It will make a huge difference. Mind you the cabs are nice to look at but like so many you will loose out due to the flex caused by the lack of roof.

After_Shock
Tuesday 19th July 2005, 20:08
Did you buy it from a main dealer? What have you been trying to trade it in against to get offered that price?

We recently sold a customers car, it was a C70 2.4T GT Auto on a 53plate, no options apart from the metallic paint with cream interior and 25k on the clock, we sold it for £19995 however it was on a sale or return basis from the customer.

Basically he said try and sell it for me and see what you can get I want X amount for the car and as he had bought it from us we sold it for him.

In this case he wanted 17.5K for the car so we bought it off him once it was sold, once we had added an 81point check, 2 new tyres, a service and the cost of a top up to the warranty onto the cost we only made about £1200 on the car which for a car costing 20grand wasnt exactly a brilliant deal but it was helping the guy out.