PDA

View Full Version : it past...BUT.

PHIL V70R
Saturday 23rd October 2010, 21:57
well the R went 4 the mot 2 day and past...but on the way home it stop dead in the road and put up 2 codes...po171 and po243..any one no ware 2 look for them and how i can sort them cheers chaps...ps cleared codes and all was well on the drive home...:cry:

p fandango
Saturday 23rd October 2010, 22:13
this is from the list i found, but seems to be some argument whether they are Volvo codes or generic OBDII codes (not sure if they are different) LINK (http://www.box.net/shared/az07037pvx)

po171 fuel trim to lean
po243 turbocharger wastegate solenoid A malfunction

T5frankie
Saturday 23rd October 2010, 22:16
well the R went 4 the mot 2 day and past...but on the way home it stop dead in the road and put up 2 codes...po171 and po243..any one no ware 2 look for them and how i can sort them cheers chaps...ps cleared codes and all was well on the drive home...:cry:

so it really has passed? passed on lol

PHIL V70R
Sunday 24th October 2010, 10:16
this is from the list i found, but seems to be some argument whether they are Volvo codes or generic OBDII codes (not sure if they are different) LINK (http://www.box.net/shared/az07037pvx)

po171 fuel trim to lean
po243 turbocharger wastegate solenoid A malfunction

thanks i can now start and put them right..lol....and yes it did pass lmfao..carnt wait 2 meet you..lol:flying:

mightywolf
Sunday 24th October 2010, 12:24
mine used to occasionally throw up the po243 code. Turned out that it was my BCS causing the problem. When I'd fit my MBC I'd left the BCS plugged in but didn't blank of the inlets on it. So on really windy days or on the motorway it sometimes got some air blown in and it would throw the fault code. Now its blanked off, no problem!!

PHIL V70R
Sunday 24th October 2010, 17:29
mine used to occasionally throw up the po243 code. Turned out that it was my BCS causing the problem. When I'd fit my MBC I'd left the BCS plugged in but didn't blank of the inlets on it. So on really windy days or on the motorway it sometimes got some air blown in and it would throw the fault code. Now its blanked off, no problem!!
its as god made it standed..lol..the black and green pipe from the turbo looks a bit us so will replace the pipe work this week c if that works or just get new controler..think i no what the po171 is,a leak in the cold air intake pipe at the bottum near the turbo..will ask on here if any one has an intake one to sell..:confused:

p fandango
Sunday 24th October 2010, 18:23
will ask on here if any one has an intake one to sell..:confused:
i'd send Rufe a PM, you know where you are with a new one