View Full Version : Service Light Reset

Brett855tdi
Saturday 23rd October 2010, 21:33
Can this be done at home?
if so how?
many thanks guys

nobananas
Saturday 23rd October 2010, 21:46
You need to get hold of a reset tool that plugs in to the OBD socket (assuming yours has one). They aren't too dear, draper do one as do a few others, I assume it will work on a TDi.

Volvostorm
Saturday 23rd October 2010, 21:48
Yours is an N reg, isn't it?

It can be done at home, but your need to make a special tool to do it

As yours is diesel too, I might be completely wrong too

Try this: http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/reset.shtml

nobananas
Saturday 23rd October 2010, 21:51
Just had a look at the draper one online and it says TDi on it, and Saab 900 for some reason !

Brett855tdi
Saturday 23rd October 2010, 22:11
well ive always found a way of doing them with a jumper as paul say, from bmw to merc alsorts
had a look on that volvo site couldnt find the port unter the bonnet, but it does that the OBD II port infromt of the gear stick under the coin holder but no rubber plug in the clocks, bit baffled lol, if all fails after a few hours of trying to do it for nothing i will then part with money you see lol

Vikingxl
Saturday 23rd October 2010, 22:25
A lot of people just take the bulb out

nobananas
Monday 25th October 2010, 23:01
well ive always found a way of doing them with a jumper as paul say, from bmw to merc alsorts
had a look on that volvo site couldnt find the port unter the bonnet, but it does that the OBD II port infromt of the gear stick under the coin holder but no rubber plug in the clocks, bit baffled lol, if all fails after a few hours of trying to do it for nothing i will then part with money you see lol

Your's is the same age as mine mate, you will need the obd reset tool, the underbonnet diagnostics was fitted pre-95 (ish).

Shortbusdriver1969
Monday 22nd November 2010, 14:25
On my 1996 850 I just press the button on the dash oposite the odo meter re-set button
am I just lucky or does any one eles have this function ?