PDA

View Full Version : SOS! Clutch problems

Harverd-T5
Friday 22nd October 2010, 18:37
Driving home this eve on my way down the slip road onto the a14. As i tried to change into 3rd the clutch peddle wouldnt come back up! Towed home was the only option!

Now obv its a clutch problem...just wondering how much work is involved in getting it sorted?

Im asuming the clutch is hydraulic and not a cable? If so is the cylinder inside the gearbox or outside?

If its not just the cylinder and i need to have the actual clutch replaced am i looking at a hefty bill?

Any help much appreciated!

Harvey

lookbehindyou
Friday 22nd October 2010, 18:53
mine did the exact same , the slave cylinder went ( internal ) and screwed my clutch, £950 later it worked. simples :crazy: my car is a t5 2005 model, so the price and amount of work may differ.

Driving home this eve on my way down the slip road onto the a14. As i tried to change into 3rd the clutch peddle wouldnt come back up! Towed home was the only option!

Now obv its a clutch problem...just wondering how much work is involved in getting it sorted?

Im asuming the clutch is hydraulic and not a cable? If so is the cylinder inside the gearbox or outside?

If its not just the cylinder and i need to have the actual clutch replaced am i looking at a hefty bill?

Any help much appreciated!

Harvey

Harverd-T5
Friday 22nd October 2010, 19:11
Ouch anyone interested in a v70 t5 for spares or repairs!?!

lookbehindyou
Friday 22nd October 2010, 19:50
but that was genuine part and main dealer costs, im sure you could get a more reasonable price!

Ouch anyone interested in a v70 t5 for spares or repairs!?!

dave stew
Friday 22nd October 2010, 20:37
I did my clutch about a year ago. Like most transverse engined cars it's a big job. Have to drop the subframe and virtually drop the engine. Took a full day! I replaced the slave cylinder (which is inside the bell housing and part of the release bearing) and the rear main seal while it was all out. Big job!

streaky744
Friday 22nd October 2010, 23:05
can get clutch , contentric bearing ( release bearing as you know it ) and dual mass supply and fitted for £550 if thats any help

and if anyone interested in it for spares or repair answer to that be yes depending where car is and price

Harverd-T5
Sunday 24th October 2010, 11:55
Thats not a bad price, I am quite a distance from doncaster tho!

Regarding spares or repairs, im located just outside cambridge. But i am happy to keep the car untill i can afford to get it sorted, unless someone makes me an offer i cant resist!

H

siamblue
Sunday 24th October 2010, 16:12
Well Tim Williams will fit your clutch for around the £120 mark, new clutch and RMS is about £220 for genuine parts from Rufe,

You just need to get too Leicester, you might as well get a single mass flywheel and get rid of the dual mass lump,

JMHO

Gary