PDA

View Full Version : 850 Electronic Seat Conversion

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 19th October 2010, 16:23
Hi all,

After some advice please. Basically I am wanted upgrade my seats in the 850 from the full leather non electronic ones to the fully electric T5-R seats the flying bannana is selling.

Does anybody know if this can be done? I mean will electronic seats work in a model that didnt have them ie is the loom there? I cant see anything obvious and cant find any information on the net so hoping somebody may have done the same or know.

Thanks

Emlyn

volvolised
Tuesday 19th October 2010, 21:33
Yes it can be done and is very easy as you'll take your live and neutral from the heated seat plug..yes no more heated seats but fully working electrics i think i've still got my old leads from when i did it on my old 850...the feed plug under/on the seat is the greyish one ....hth

t5 pete
Tuesday 19th October 2010, 21:56
as said there easy to retro fit but ide pick the feed up from under the dash and that way you will keep your heated seats

LiamT4
Tuesday 19th October 2010, 21:57
Your going to fit electric seats! That won't help your 1/4mile time as they weigh bloody loads lol. What would p fandango say lol

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 19th October 2010, 23:40
Your going to fit electric seats! That won't help your 1/4mile time as they weigh bloody loads lol. What would p fandango say lol

Well it may well help my times you know! You see the mrs keeps adjusting the seat when she drives the car and I can never get it in a good position again. A 2 hour drive to Santapod/Avon with an incorrectly positioned seat leaves me crippled and drag times must therefore be effected. With electronic memory seats this will no longer be a problem ;)

What a load of old bull I have just crapped out lol

Thanks for comments guys. I thought it would be as simple as taking a live feed. Ideally off ignition I guess.